Jump to content
BANGKOK
geovalin

CONSUMED BY FLAMES Chilling pic shows Brit teacher, 22, covered in bandages after being engulfed in a fireball when Cambodia petrol station explodes

Recommended Posts

A BRITISH teacher, 22, and her American pal, 18, were seriously injured when they were engulfed in a fireball from a petrol station explosion in Cambodia.

 

Zoe Eleftheriou from Medway, Kent, and Abigail Alexander from Miamisburg, Ohio, were seriously injured in the blast which was captured on a dashcam video.

 

The pair were riding a motorcycle together past the LPG gas station in Siem Reap last Wednesday when it suddenly exploded. They were blown off the bike and suffered severe burns.

 

read more https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9751131/pictured-brit-teacher-american-pal-on-fire-cambodia-petrol-station-explosion/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always expect the unexpected. A very sad and shocking story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How very sad, just going along minding your own business, when BANG, your life is changed forever.

Hopefully both girls can make full recoveries.

This is a genuine case of a go fund me page, if it happens i will certainly contribute.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, colinneil said:

How very sad, just going along minding your own business, when BANG, your life is changed forever.

Hopefully both girls can make full recoveries.

This is a genuine case of a go fund me page, if it happens i will certainly contribute.

The Sun article mentions GoFundMe pages for both girls. But no links, sadly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Beggar said:

Always expect the unexpected.

 

16 hours ago, geovalin said:

riding a motorcycle together past the LPG gas station

Yup.

 

Don't leave the house unless sporting a head to toe flame retardant hazard suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is a very sad and shocking story. So sorry to see it.

 

Its a reminder of the dangers of travelling in a third world country where everything seems fine, until its suddenly isn't. This could have happened to any one of us being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

 

Hoping the girls have a full recovery.

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A true 3rd world dump with zero safety standards

They wouldn't have got proper treatment in a Cambodian hospital either and wasted critical time getting to Bangkok

 

Sad sad news

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, colinneil said:

How very sad, just going along minding your own business, when BANG, your life is changed forever.

Sounds a bit like driving on Thai roads every day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...