Bangkok AIrways Autumn Sale has started early

"Bangkok Airways has announced it will be offering some truly amazing promotional fares at both the 25th Thai International Travel Fair taking place from August 22 to 25 August at Challenger Hall 2, Impact Muang Thong Thani and at the 52nd Thai Tiew Thai Travel Fair, which will be held from August 29 to September 1 at BITEC, Bangna.

They include round-trip tickets Bangkok-Samui at just Bt4,000, as well as Bangkok-Chiang Mai, Bangkok-Phu Quoc and Bangkok-Cam Ranh (Nha Trang) at Bt4,960.

Tickets must be purchased and issued within the event dates and will be valid for travel from August 22 to March 31."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 3:56 AM, stevenrossvanduyn said:

They are so generous

Apparently the Bkk Samui flights are the only profitable part of Bangkok Air thanks to their airport monopoly of the island.

As tourist numbers to the island have dropped, they are now getting into financial problems and need to increase business somehow.

However they are being exposed to market forces, something they have been protected from for several years. This is all new to them and some might say they are getting their comeuppance.

6 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Apparently the Bkk Samui flights are the only profitable part of Bangkok Air thanks to their airport monopoly of the island.

As tourist numbers to the island have dropped, they are now getting into financial problems and need to increase business somehow.

However they are being exposed to market forces, something they have been protected from for several years. This is all new to them and some might say they are getting their comeuppance.

Yes they own Samui airport but they haven't managed to become a decent international carrier exclusively from the Samui gravy train. I used them frequently last year for business in Myanmar and the fairly recent addition of non-stop to Cam Ranh makes getting to work there a lot easier for me. About 8 years ago, when I was working between Samui and Bangkok, I though them all a bit of a one-trick pony but have revised my opinion after using their international flights. Who wants to go to Chiang Mai anyway when you can pay the same fare and go to Phu Quoc?

Archived