Thai Consulate Vientiane

Sorry to be like a 'dog with a bone' and continually asking questions, but I am really unsure what the Thai Consulate Vientiane require for Non Immigrant O (for the purpose of staying with Thai spouse).

My question :  Do they require a UK police check plus medical clearance?   On reading different blogs, some people are saying yes others No.   In Feb 2018 I see that Ubon Joe commented that he now understood they might be required, yet I cannot find information from the Consulates website to confirm this.    I can't find this particular entry now, so my apologies if I have mis-read the comment.

If anyone has very recent experience of the requirements in Vientiane, I would be most grateful to hear from them.

Many thanks

To apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai you need your original marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

They do not issue multiple entry visas in Vientiane if that is what you are wanting.

You have to make an appointment to do the application. See: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#

I was at Vientiane 2 weeks ago for a non o dependant based on Thai children and there was no need for a police check. Also another I spoke to there for non o marriage said he didnt need it.

But they do want to see 200 grand in the bank just for a single entry.

31 minutes ago, justaphase said:

I was at Vientiane 2 weeks ago for a non o dependant based on Thai children and there was no need for a police check. Also another I spoke to there for non o marriage said he didnt need it.

But they do want to see 200 grand in the bank just for a single entry.

Thank you, that is extremely helpful.   Do I have to produce bank book with regular deposits - say for the last 11 months plus a lump sum - or just a straight forward lump sum in the book supported by a statement -

4 minutes ago, neverceasetobeamazed said:

Thank you, that is extremely helpful.   Do I have to produce bank book with regular deposits - say for the last 11 months plus a lump sum - or just a straight forward lump sum in the book supported by a statement -

Just a lump sum if asked to show it.

Actually on my last visit to Vientiane to do a visa based on Thai Child I was asked to show a statement from the past 6 months. They did not require a balance of 200K Baht but an oversight that you bring in money regularly. When you print it out from your Bank Online you will have the total incoming and outgoing in the summary. This was sufficient for them.

I was however told that on my next visit an original birth certificate alone was no longer sufficient and should also produce an ID card or Passport of the child. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you RayHaas, extremely useful info.   I will adopt 'belt and braces' and have available Lump sum plus evidence on monthly deposits (FTT) for the previous 11 months.

I note on the Consulate application form it requires 'name and contact number of Guarantor in Laos' ??

Plus on the Embassy proper site it states that 'a Copy of the Spouses ID Card' and "a certified copy"   Is certified copy meant to be the actual ID card, if not who can certify it?

15 minutes ago, neverceasetobeamazed said:

I note on the Consulate application form it requires 'name and contact number of Guarantor in Laos' ??

You can leave that blank. It is not required unless you are Laotian.

16 minutes ago, neverceasetobeamazed said:

Plus on the Embassy proper site it states that 'a Copy of the Spouses ID Card' and "a certified copy"   Is certified copy meant to be the actual ID card, if not who can certify it?

You wife needs to sign the ID card copy and a copy her house book registry which is what certified means in this case.