Fast Track Departure

rimmae2

No, When using fast track you will be guided to the manned immigration booths.

But can you use the fast track line if you have a boarding pass on your phone.

This as they don't supply the fast track cards anymore.

I don't think so. Before the fast track area was refurbished there was a door to the main Immigration area with the Autochannel gates but it wasn't ordinarily open. Once for me when there were queues at Fast track, an officer came and opened that door and offered Thai passport holders to pass. I said I was registered for Autochannel and she allowed me to pass also. I haven't noticed any door since the redesign but there likely is one. However I think if you just walked up and opened it that would surely attract attention.

For that reason I use either Fast track or the THAI Airways Immigration hall for departures (to avoid the long security queues) and Autochannel only on entry. I only bother filling out the departure portion of the TM6 because on entry through Autochannel you don't need it.

10 hours ago, thedemon said:

I don't think so. Before the fast track area was refurbished there was a door to the main Immigration area with the Autochannel gates but it wasn't ordinarily open. Once for me when there were queues at Fast track, an officer came and opened that door and offered Thai passport holders to pass. I said I was registered for Autochannel and she allowed me to pass also. I haven't noticed any door since the redesign but there likely is one. However I think if you just walked up and opened it that would surely attract attention.

For that reason I use either Fast track or the THAI Airways Immigration hall for departures (to avoid the long security queues) and Autochannel only on entry. I only bother filling out the departure portion of the TM6 because on entry through Autochannel you don't need it.

Thanks for the informative answer. For the benefit of others I have PR and have been registered for autochannel for several years. Mostly on departure I use TG immigration where is no autochannel, but if little queue in normal immigration I will use this and autochannel to avoid stamps in passport. Next week I will be travelling FC and not on TG; hence the question.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:14 AM, thedemon said:

For those who want to know there is a door to the main immigration area where the Autochannel gates are at the rear right side. It is hardly noticeable and noone suggested to my Thai wife that she may want to go this area, never mind me. Perhaps as there was no queue.

Archived