Smoking ban at home comes into effect today - call 1300 for violations

webfact

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bit over the top, if you want to smoke in the house now all you have to do is smoke outside if the family do not want you to smoke inside.but even that seems is illegal now.but the government will sell the cigs everywhere.my friend has a bar and people smoke like chimmeys at the bar late at night.but  don,t go they   if you are threatened by the second hand smoke.it is drinking and smoking.

3 hours ago, BenBen23 said:

Man, I came here to get away from this <deleted>. Is there any freedom or personal choice left in this world? 

I guess the one good thing about being a smoker is I won't have to live long enough to see what a miserable hell this world becomes...

Smokers talk about freedom of choice but never factor in the freedom of choice for the majority of people who do not smoke, to live free from the stink and ill health that smokers impose on them.  There is no good reason for people to smoke tobacco. It is indefensible.

19 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I dont need to stop my wife says the smell of sa moke turns her on

Hmmm, there’s nothing more erotic than the stench of cigar breath odor..

..I bet your wife also tell you that your ahan-sum-man as well right!

????????????

4 hours ago, BenBen23 said:

Man, I came here to get away from this <deleted>. Is there any freedom or personal choice left in this world?

There is and I know what you mean but basically it means stop puffing your <deleted> everywhere if you're not alone because it affects others... been on receiving end as a kid thanks.

Anyhow, get used to it because there is an all-out ban coming for sure. 

20 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Anything else going to banned? this is getting boring now

This will incite more violence, common sense should prevail here.

When I was a smoker I always went outside from a bar even though there was no ban.

At home I smoked outside, I never smoked near children.

Those who still love to smoke will continue to do so, does not matter if your falaang or asian .

I was told to grin and bear expats smoke as they had no intention of not smoking at the local, and when five or six lit up I was smoking from their second hand smoke.

I don't think the old village smokers will take a bit of notice.

As tourism drops crime and drug use increases, only natural as honey get no money, no money for cigarette, no money for whiskey or ya ba.

This problem has already begun and will get worse.

Anybody who has Non Smokers intheir household, and smoke insude with said people, should be jailed.

Fact: smoking kills

Same as a person putting a gun up behind a family members head and pulling the trigger. Only the gun is quicker and less painfull.

But agree domestic violence, sexual and verbal abuse, are part and parcel with the same action. 

Stupid is as stupid does.

21 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Here we go, maths again. These figures mean that 16% of the worldwide deaths are in Thailand. I think not.

The article states that "430,000 people die worldwide annually from second hand smoke", while smoking in general (not specifically second-hand smoke) causes 72,000 deaths annually in Thailand.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

There are thought to be 10 million smokers in Thailand with around 72,000 deaths annually. 

Less than on the roads... but that seems to be lower down the "we must make new laws list" !!!

1 hour ago, NightSky said:

Hmmm, there’s nothing more erotic than the stench of cigar breath odor..

..I bet your wife also tell you that your ahan-sum-man as well right!

????????????

I already know that without her telling me

I find the Chinese the worst they not got their head around this no smoking laws just yet, a few weeks ago I took a photo outside a 5 star hotel on the steps ciggy ends all over the place, I wouldn't mind 5 meters on the other side of the steps is 2 industrial sized ash trays

69436655_1421384021361633_823041920052756480_n.jpg

I do like the idea of smoke free homes but who in the right mind will report their family member and lose 5k? The problem is that Thai wife's of farangs will use this law against farangs, I've witnesses attempts of worse, now they have a law they can use.

3 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

There are restrictions on pollution but anyway transport is functional and pollution is a byproduct but smoking has no benefit and contributes nothing to anybody.

Hypocrisy....One suits you, one doesn't....????

What about in Chiang mai and Chiang rai during February to April? How will they know if someone is smoking illegally at home when the visibility is down to a few meters due to choking toxic atmospheric smoke?

Arrest all the farmers and firelighters then? Hasn't happened yet.

1 minute ago, Soundspeed said:

What about in Chiang mai and Chiang rai during February to April? How will they know if someone is smoking illegally at home when the visibility is down to a few meters due to choking toxic atmospheric smoke?

Arrest all the farmers and firelighters then? Hasn't happened yet.

" I'd like to see that." Ray Charles

On 8/20/2019 at 9:17 AM, wgdanson said:

Here we go, maths again. These figures mean that 16% of the worldwide deaths are in Thailand. I think not.

I am very interested to see the figures, and their source, which led you to disbelieve that the figures quoted in the article are not correct. 

On 8/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, ChipButty said:

Anything else going to banned? this is getting boring now

The fact you need to make a law 

shows smokers total disregard to the ones closest to them

by possibly poisoning their offspring and loved ones .

on top of smokers throwing billions of tab ends at all 4 corners of the earth!!!

i was fortunate my father died of trough cancer when I was only 2 years old thus sparing me damage.

you can die of smoke related complications

but please do it alone and by keeping the planet clean 

happy suffering you pay for

medical should not cover self inflicted ailments 

Archived