BANGKOK
webfact

Tourism minister wants to extend pub opening hours

5 hours ago, transam said:

I think the topic is about tourists, the ones that come to LOS to smoke, <deleted> and get plastered as often as possible.......😚

What else is there? 555

Just now, natway09 said:

These clowns are so far out of the circle they have NO idea what is going on.

Pass a directive first that ALL Licenced premises are allowed to sell alcohol until 2 am.

I refer to Chiang Mai where the local mafia make them close at midnight,

And in Hua Hin where often they will not even let them open on many days

Exactly they are so clueless they must travel and study economics before taking the role or look for outside help otherwise we will see them having to beg for a bail out from IMF and it will be hilarious as US banks or EU could end up owning the country due to their poor management

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

pushing the consumption of the worst drug in the world is not what Thailand needs, they need less not more alcohol addled pinheads running around the streets..

agreed Alcohol sucks.  like lets get stupid. its so old hat.

Edited by malibukid

Never understood why people want to go out drinking in the middle of the night. You can start around dinner time and be done by midnight. What is this "oh I was out until 5am and I was so drunk, I didn't even know how to get back home"?

It's stupid.....no more no less, just plain stupid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, tigerfeet said:

People come on holiday with a budget the bars could stay open 24 hours they would still spend their  budget and only that I remember as being a ex publican they tried it in the UK never worked just killed years of tradition .also where all the quality tourist at 4 am ?

The quality tourist is spending their money on the local economy at 4am unlike the zero dollar tours whose money goes straight back to China. 

Quality tourist = people who spend money at Thai businesses, no matter the hour or type. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bkk7 said:

The quality tourist is spending their money on the local economy at 4am unlike the zero dollar tours whose money goes straight back to China. 

Quality tourist = people who spend money at Thai businesses, no matter the hour or type. 

Correct!
Tourist quality in Thailand is measured in (k)BHT per day.

I have a bad feeling that this is not gonna happen. Not in the near future anyway.

I consider myself lucky in the way that in my twenties (most of my twenties anyway), I was living in Thailand, and it was the 1990's, and there wasn't the 2 am closing time thing. I had MANY fun nights barhopping and clubbing (and heading back home at around 4 or 5 am).

6 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Ive got a good idea, you can only buy ciggies at the same time as booze

Careful, careful. Next thing you know they'll be telling you where you can drink you're booze. And its not likely to be with your ciggie.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

stop the kids carrying on drinking after lunch and taking the whole afternoon off school.

Or, they could ask for ID that every Thai carries to check their age. But that's too simple, so they ban sales to everyone. Brilliant.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, MartiniMan said:

English had huge booming retail economy since the 24 hour drinking and although there is a knife crime problem the actual grief at the kick out time has ended and is a thing of the past so really it was win win (used to live in london)

YES! Amen! You have nailed it on the head sir

England HAD a booming retail economy after the 24 hour opening obviously a long time since you lived in the U.K.

Pubs are closing at a rate of just under 20 a week, people’s social habits have changed proffering to buy fro the supermarkets rather than the overinflated prices in a Bar.

Kids buy from the supermarkets prior too going out rather than buy the prices in nightclubs.

Greene King have around 3000 in the U.K., a Chinese company yesterday has made a take over bid yesterday, not for the pub trade but for properties they own.

Where I live in the U.K. Bar Owners pushes for the 4am closing, now they want to reverse back till 2am because of the lack of customers.

Edited by Jumbo1968
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MartiniMan said:

They need to study economics really and stop trying to invent everything themself as some kind of solo army

24 hour drinking is proven to be the best drinking law as it means you can drink whenever and there is no rush - people have many different forms of occupation and this is proven to work the best

The tourism is way down because they ruined thailand with all this nonsense. They should of gone to a foreign country and been a alien for once and understand how they ruined a good thing

People come here for the nature and weather, the food and easy drinking was a nice benefit but they ruined it with a stupid economic policy and ridiculous laws now everyone goes to vietnam and they are booming what a surprise

Just now, Baggy said:

If 24 hour opening works in other parts of the world, it will also work in Thailand.Be compatible with the rest of the world!!

• Thanks 1

Close bar Early farang no happy
Open bar late farang still no Happy lol

• Haha 1