What do you look for in a Soulmate ,for someone to be your partner

What do you look for in a potential Asian partner?

Did you find your soulmate ?

Are u still looking for your soulmate or did you let them go or they let you go

what do u look for to meet a soulmate ? What Qualities in a person?

im using the term “Asian partner” now as this forum is more than just Thailand, and im using the word “partner” because we have same sex readers on here.

Being bisexual i have dated lots of Asian guys and girls but its only lately where i wanted something more serious ,someone to be with.

Recently in Australia i met a thai lady 32yo From chiang mai  and we started dating, I decided to call it off after a month  of going out because I couldn’t see the qualities im after, if thats the word.

I like a partner who is not emotional but resilient, good with money,can think for themselves,can relate to people, is intelligent , works hard,  reasonable looking not overweight, motivated,pushy, i dont care of their rich or poor , 

Do they have to be goodlooking ?

what if you meet someone who  is not goodlooking but has every other quality?

Now this thai lady i dated has a  uni  degree in Accounting from  chiang  mai unversity  and has been in Australia one year working as a cleaner but her english is still limited which told me she wasnt motivated

We have been out a few times and at first I liked her but then I realised she wasnt smart as in she couldn’t work out how to use the intercom in my apartment block, keeps saying “ huh” huh ! after everytime i speak so have to repeat it , then despite having a Accounting degree from CM university she couldnt explain to me about Accounting or talk about business 

I couldn’t see any spark so to speak.

I am using Tinder to meet Asian ladies and guys to a degree 

I know someone on here once wrote i think last week, we cant find every qualities in someone that you want but you can get some .

I recall a gay friend of mine now in Thailand looking for a boyfriend in Thsiland, he went on the dating apps and after a few months found a boyfriend by asking questions first , he eliminated those who mentioned their mothers or buffalos  were  sick or they were very poor  and mentioned money or money boys, he eliminated those without employment .

After a few dates he finally met a guy who is now his soulmate,successful job, motivated hardworking, quiet etc, qualities he was looking for .

this is what he wrote me 

One of the great advantages of the apps that I really like is that you can set your own criteria and filter out any guys who don't match what you're interested in. The money boys are obvious. I was only interested in meeting guys who were actively employed (not sex workers), preferably professionals with college degree's or those involved in the Arts as I have a common interest in this area. I set the age range from 21 to 35. I deleted any guys  responding to my messages who were more interested in hooking up with me right away versus showing any real interest in getting to know me. Believe me, over a hundred guys  I had on "My Favorites" list got deleted just for that point. I never added a guy to my Favorites List, let alone sent him a message, if he looked like a movie star who's face could be gracing the cover of Dreamboy Magazine. I also filtered out a guy the minute he uttered a word about having money problems. All this filtering and I still had dozens of guys who I then started chatting with via e:mail.

For me, the patience and extra effort I put into this certainly paid dividends. The guy  I was fortunate enough to link up with is as honest and sincere as they come....earns his own modest income as a fashion designer...takes pride in being self-sufficient...had a strong preference for older men hoping to meet a farang from Europe...(opp's, I missed the boat on that one), only interested in a monogamous relationship, and considers "the orgasm" as being the most rewarding and enjoyable aspect of life, which, of course, I couldn't agree with more.

11 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Did you find your soulmate ?

i use Chinese astrology. if you are born in the year of the Pig or Rabbit then OK for long term relationship.

Tiger or Dragon for crazy hot sex but they can't hang around for more than a day. 

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Are you trying to set a record for having the most posts open at one time?

I think he lays asleep at night thinking new posts up,unless he's been

remunerated by TV,to get the clicks up ?

regards worgeordie

27 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i use Chinese astrology. if you are born in the year of the Pig or Rabbit then OK for long term relationship.

Tiger or Dragon for crazy hot sex but they can't hang around for more than a day. 

I'm a Tiger and not interested. :goof:

25 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

He has two things on his mind? Georgia and Georgia.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

he is going to need to load up on two huge cups of coffee and a tab of acid like i do if he wants to keep up.

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Under 35 years old and under 50Kg, and no penis (either now or in the past).

That's about it, I've got headphones which cures almost every other problem.

Headphones are a completely brilliant invention and much underrated.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

same "<deleted>ty" posts over and over, his life must be boring as the word itself....we should (try) help him get a life

The more similar another person's... "Sense of Humour".. is to my own.. the closer the bond is between us...

That goes for G/F.. Wife...or just male and female friendship.

I miss my Ex. desperately because she grew to know, share and understand my S.O.H totally (even though she eventually did the dirt on me big time).. I really miss the constant, almost all day,  laughing together.

I had a male friend who died last year here. 

Even now, he's almost daily in my mind. When I hear of see something funny that I know he would have loved too. Sometimes, I automatically think..."I'll msge. him that tonight later.

PS.. I'v heard people say "Thai people would never understand Farang's SOH ...Wrong!.. they can pick it up if that way inclined to begin with.

My type of humour is full of "Ironary"...but still "she who had to be obeyed at one time".. still picked it up.

Girlfriend material, speaks english, has a job. Does not smoke drinks nit noy. Has no kids. Has brothers and sisters. My gf who became my wife worked sisters english school and internet cafe. Worked hard. No children. Not smoke or drink. 15 years still love each other and she now knows the world . How anybody can marry bar/massage girl i dont know. Had children. Smokes etc. Each to their own. 

I don’t have a soul mate but as I’m pretty much a social chameleon I adapt myself to the personalities around me. I’ve dated many Thai girls, 1 pinay and spent time with Malaysian, Singaporean and Indonesian girls. 

My gf now is probably the girl I’ll be spending a long time if not the rest of my life with. She’s smart, inquisitive, self motivated and most of all doesn’t get up in my grille all the time. I like a peaceful co-existence. 

In my opinion a lost of relationships fail because one or both people have a criteria that their partners have to fit and this adds unneeded pressure right from the start. 

The smile, the sparkling eyes, the kindness, the ability to listen, which is not so common but says a lot. And rarer in what men are looking for, a spiritual life. Boobs, for example, is the least of my worries. I only had a relationship with one woman in Thailand and it's love on both sides. And as cats do not make dogs all his family is great and never ask me a penny in seven years. Except at the beginning, I had loaned 20 000 B to her daughter whom she gave back, now she earns more than my retirement and has just bought her car all alone with her husband without any outside help. His brother his sister his parents his daughter his grandchildren adopted me. I must say that as I joke all the time but all his family also we are the best friends in the world ... It never happened with my three women in my country where the three were super cute girls because my only choice criterion was physical ...but they had rotten families, however, as said above the cats do not make dogs and I was wrong three times. So for me, at last, here I won the lottery.

On 8/20/2019 at 10:12 AM, georgegeorgia said:

Now this thai lady i dated has a  uni  degree in Accounting from  chiang  mai unversity  and has been in Australia one year working as a cleaner but her english is still limited which told me she wasnt motivated

We have been out a few times and at first I liked her but then I realised she wasnt smart as in she couldn’t work out how to use the intercom in my apartment block, keeps saying “ huh” huh ! after everytime i speak so have to repeat it , then despite having a Accounting degree from CM university she couldnt explain to me about Accounting or talk about business 

It’s the education system and culture beliefs . Kids are bred to be slaves to authority . Thinking and questioning is frowned upon and discouraged from childhood. White skin, doctors , teachers, people in uniform etc are authority. People are judged from appearance. Intelligence is out the door. You gf is an accountant. I have a friend who has the same problem with his Thai wife. She’s a doctor! 

Girlfriend material, speaks english, has a job. Does not smoke drinks nit noy. Has no kids. Has brothers and sisters. My gf who became my wife worked sisters english school and internet cafe. Worked hard. No children. Not smoke or drink. 15 years still love each other and she now knows the world . How anybody can marry bar/massage girl i dont know. Had children. Smokes etc. Each to their own. 

20 years together and was bar girl before. No tattoos, doesn’t smoke, has no kids. Are you the kind of guy who also wants to keep prisoners in jail the rest of their life because we cannot forgive? I have no respect for people who make judgements and condemn others. Better than all the rest syndrome..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived