What do you look for in a Soulmate ,for someone to be your partner

My advice flip a coin with each new encounter, heads she's in, tails she's out...........it's a lottery or should I say it's "like a box of chocolates", until you unwrap it and taste it you never know what the hell you are going to get saddled with..................a pusssy or a tiger by the tail................5555555

In my case, I get on best with a guy (coz me gay) who isn't boring or clingy, and I don't like the jealous type (that eliminates every Thai man ever born, I'm certain). I want a sense of humor more than good looks, who gives me intellectual stimulation, who can talk about politics and business and who reads books, at least occasionally.

I met "the one" in 1996, haven't been bored a single minute in 23 years (he's from Taiwan, as all the good ones are). I know I'm lucky, at least in the gay world sense, where society doesn't provide much encouragement for gay couples. 

5 hours ago, helloagain said:

Girlfriend material, speaks english, has a job. Does not smoke drinks nit noy. Has no kids. Has brothers and sisters. My gf who became my wife worked sisters english school and internet cafe. Worked hard. No children. Not smoke or drink. 15 years still love each other and she now knows the world . How anybody can marry bar/massage girl i dont know. Had children. Smokes etc. Each to their own. 

So i take it you wont be having children?

On 8/20/2019 at 10:28 AM, NCC1701A said:

i use Chinese astrology. if you are born in the year of the Pig or Rabbit then OK for long term relationship.

Tiger or Dragon for crazy hot sex but they can't hang around for more than a day. 

How about the Year of the Doggy?

12 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

How about the Year of the Doggy?

very funny, but actually i don't get along to well with the year of the dog. they have their agenda and stick to it. does not work for me.

but nothing is as bad for me as the year of the rat. the worst and to be avoided at all costs, no matter how hot.  

8 hours ago, luk AJ said:

20 years together and was bar girl before. No tattoos, doesn’t smoke, has no kids. Are you the kind of guy who also wants to keep prisoners in jail the rest of their life because we cannot forgive? I have no respect for people who make judgements and condemn others. Better than all the rest syndrome..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have a couple of good friends who had a 'normal' happy married life. Unfortunately they both lost their husbands at an early age - before 40 years old. Both have youngish kids. One of them has a son (she has three sons ranging from thirteen to five) who never met his dad as she was pregnant at the time he died. Both had very limited options to care for their kids so went to Bangkok and worked in the bars. Both have since met nice men who accept them for the lovely people they are and have settled back into a normal life with western guys who accept their kids.

Its only the uneducated bar stool dwelling fools who make (and regurgitate incessantly) blanket statements about bar girls without knowing the whole story.

I can assure you neither of these ladies would have chosen to work in bars if they had any other option.

What is a soulmate?

There are couples 50 years married and then decide to divorce. 

A woman and her husband deep religious (it means you stick together), married

and then divorced after 34 years. Woman breaking out of religion as well.

A soulmate be it in intimate relation or just friends, it is rare and hard to find.

Marriage doesnt mean a thing, it s only a paper. 

People always change, is it then still a soulmate?

Honesty is a very critical item to me, but try to find someone not lying.

It s a miracle.

One cannot 'look' for that of which of one speaks about of...      eh?

If soulmate is such a thing, it would surely have to happen without any pretext of mindful expectation. Thus, if thou seek, it shall not be found. Do things one enjoys, be clean shaven, dress well and let stuff happen. ????

On 8/20/2019 at 10:12 AM, georgegeorgia said:

what if you meet someone who  is not goodlooking but has every other quality?

ive done both,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you never get everything ive learned. good looking good body but after that use less.

then the other girl u meet is not a show piece but average looking, good body great around the house and garden and will do anything for you. thats the one to live with. you cant just live with a show piece.

I look for someone who is kind to animals because that tells me she has a good heart. Throw in a good sense of humour and the ability to laugh at herself and you've found a diamond. 

I consider myself a lucky man to have found just that, she's happy for me to take the lead and i think she appreciates the respect she is given in return.

I lament the loss of grace and feminity of many western women. They seem to treat relationships as some sort of competition. 

• 2 weeks later...

A great smile, thoroughly complicated, baby got back, extremely high intelligence, and a bit of clinical mania, like me, because it makes for great sex, and we never get tired of one another, until the day we do get tired and then that's it - OVER.

It's the best I can hope for, given who and what I am.   

For some reason though, I have never clicked with an Asian woman.  I'm sure they're out there, but we've never met.  I do much, much better with Latin women.  Mexicanas, Argentines, and Brasileiras. 

Archived