ED visa question

What I read from other topics Vientiane and probably Savanakhet as well will issue only 1 ED visa a year.

What I can't figure out yet do they mean 1 in 2018 and another one in 2019 or is it an exact date (it has to be a full calendar year before they give you a new one? And is it the day when you applied for it in another country or the day you arrived in Thailand with this ED visa??

Is Penang still under the 'old' rules? Vietnam seems to be a no-go at the moment.

Anyone tried Yangon in Myanmar??

Though their requirements on their website says you need a Police clearance certificate?

Is that for every foreigner or just for certain foreigners, their website is not clear about that.

Thanks

The announcement by Vientiane state only one per calendar year (January 1st to December 31st) but I have seen reports of them stating once in a year.

Not sure Savannakhet has the same rule.

I don't think Penang has a once a year rule but they may want a police clearance to get one.

Not sure about other location since they do not mention it on their websites.

What I read from other topics Vientiane and probably Savanakhet as well will issue only 1 ED visa a year.
What I can't figure out yet do they mean 1 in 2018 and another one in 2019 or is it an exact date (it has to be a full calendar year before they give you a new one? And is it the day when you applied for it in another country or the day you arrived in Thailand with this ED visa??

Is Penang still under the 'old' rules? Vietnam seems to be a no-go at the moment.
Anyone tried Yangon in Myanmar??
Though their requirements on their website says you need a Police clearance certificate?
Is that for every foreigner or just for certain foreigners, their website is not clear about that.
Thanks
I just got one last month (renewed) in Malaysia (KL). They do require a police clearance cert.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk