E-cigarettes cause brain damage and cancer, reports Thai media

webfact

5pm1.jpg

Source: Bangkok BIz News

On the day that Thailand has banned the smoking of regular cigarettes at home come claims that electronic cigarettes are very bad for you.

And e-cigarettes are definitely not welcome in Thailand. 

Dr Khajorn Kaewjarat of the Department of Disease Control was outlining the reasons why electronic cigarettes are banned 100% in Thailand. 

He was speaking to the media after DPM and Public Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul spoke out about the dangers to public health of the devices, especially to children and young people. 

Dr Khajorn backed the minister's tough stance saying that the flavors may be nice and sweet smelling but the vapor carries a great risk to users and people nearby inhaling second hand smoke. 

Nicotine levels rise in the blood and organs leading to increased craving for the drug and health complications. 

Ultimately this can mean brain damage and cancer, reported Bangkokbiznews.

Other complications of e-cigarette use are increased blood pressure, increased heart rate and adverse changes in blood sugar levels. 

Thaivisa notes that the importation and sale of e-cigarettes carries severe penalties in Thailand though their actual use remains something of a grey area. 

Wikipedia says that the safety of e-cigarettes is uncertain and the long term effects are unknown. 

Source: Bangkok Biz News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-20

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, webfact said:

Driving a vehicle, riding a motor cycle or travelling in a minivan can cause death, mutilation and permanent disability too!

So could the good doctor or anyone form the disease control center please advise why have normal cigarettes  not been 100% banned.

It seems ludicrous that you only banned e cigs when clearly according to all the data the normal cigs kill more people.

But I think most people can clearly see the reason. 

It’s  not about doing what’s right for the people,it’s about the money.

I am a smoker and have tried many times to kick the habit. Still trying to this day.

So my point is ban both,make it illegal to smoke and then maybe you will save lives.

14 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I heard that one of the big US states has banned them just a few weeks ago.

They state the reason for this was because more children were using them and then taking up smoking cigarettes as the next step.

No they didn't.

They banned flavor for ecigs, while flavored cigaretts are totally ok they say.

The whole teen vape epidemic is made up bs, teenage smoking rates have never been lower: https://www.vapes.com/blogs/news/renowned-epidemiologist-debunks-fda-claims-of-teen-vaping-epidemic

It's all about the money and nothing else, no one cares about health, and we all know that.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Other complications of e-cigarette use are increased blood pressure, increased heart rate and adverse changes in blood sugar levels. 

Are they going to ban expressos with 2 sugars in Starbucks for the same reasons? And as for those M120 drink things.......

Absolute garbage in every respect.

There are now cigarette stores in 2 NHS hospitals in UK to encourage smokers to transition.

About 95% less harmful than cigarettes.  Here's the real story:  https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/684963/Evidence_review_of_e-cigarettes_and_heated_tobacco_products_2018.pdf

Vape shops open inside hospitals in the UK

Perhaps we should ban this kind of cancerous propoganda. 

You should see the television ads in the US now.  It's like Reefer Madness all over again.  Kids take 1 hit off a vape pod, and go absolutely mental. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Ultimately this can mean brain damage and cancer, reported Bangkokbiznews

E-fags ain't been around long enough to come to those conclusions .. Not withstanding the particulate air pollution problem evident in a lot of Thai cities that will have a major effect on folks health .. But those who spout this sort of stuff conveniently stay away from that .. 

The stupidity of these "experts" stuns me. I was a heavy smoker (more than 2 packs a day) for more than 35 years but since I started vaping to get off the cancer sticks my health is far better. A recent medical shows that I'm very healthy - clean lungs and normal blood pressure etc.

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

https://www.sciencealert.com/vaping-may-be-complicit-in-almost-100-mystery-lung-illnesses-currently-being-investigated

Don't believe these Thai statements however there is something up with this product, just happy I never used it for it doesn't appear to be as safe as everyone says..

There are milions of people who vape every day in the US, 10 millions they said in the article, and they are talking about 100 cases of mysterious lung deasises that could be linked with vaping, with no proof yet, and no death. How many people die every day from regular cigarettes in the US every day?

1 minute ago, thaichina said:

There are milions of people who vape every day in the US, 10 millions they said in the article, and they are talking about 100 cases of mysterious lung deasises that could be linked with vaping, with no proof yet, and no death. How many people die every day from regular cigarettes in the US every day?

Not sure but the brain damage part seems believable.

From what I have heard they want to eliminate smoking completely by increasing tax so much that most won't be able to afford to smoke.
They will replace the state income from Tobacco with Medical Cannabis.
This will take a few years to build up but when that happens I guess they don't want people changing over to E-Cigs either.

1 minute ago, thaichina said:

I agree with what you're saying. But if it was me, I'd be holding off on using this product till more information is made available, but that's just me..

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

https://www.sciencealert.com/vaping-may-be-complicit-in-almost-100-mystery-lung-illnesses-currently-being-investigated

Don't believe these Thai statements however there is something up with this product, just happy I never used it for it doesn't appear to be as safe as everyone says..

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/82975/is-the-wisconsin-lung-disease-outbreak-really-about-vaping/?fbclid=IwAR0FtYhGZ6xE8Ge6D2tn2rRgXYb8Pq8tbWhp2RN-NQu6i4rtFG-UNTozAv0

Yes all these cases have been caused by black market THC/other drugs cartridges, which is entirely the governments fault that you have to bu this <deleted> from a black market as prohibition just doesn't work ever.

The man’s brother said he had vaped what he called THC cartridges, sold on the street. The package he showed was labeled “Dank – Rose Gold,” and the product appears like a typical THC oil cartridge. There has long been a huge problem with counterfeit cartridges, filled with unknown substances and sold as branded cannabis products. The Dank Vapes “brand” is one of the most commonly seen in street sales.

But legitimate THC products like oil carts are not sold on the street or in c-stores—especially in non-legal states like Wisconsin. The Dank Vapes products are sold empty. If they are filled with liquid, there is no telling where it came from. As Zach Harris wrote in cannabis publication Merry Jane, the carts “could have contained any number of substances, including pesticide-tainted THC oil, synthetic cannabinoids, or something entirely different.”

Good job governments in killing your own citizens.

This stuff has nothing to do with vaping nicotine/ecigaretts.

You want to know the real reason why it's banned here? https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2019/02/11/iqos-drives-philip-morris-growth-in-2018-outlook-remains-bright/#6a4d66bd7c92

IQOS from Philip Morris.

Who's suing Thailand at the WTO? Philip Morris: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372928

Who won against Thailand - yeah right Philip Morris... 

n response to the latest ruling, Gerald Margolis, branch manager of Philip Morris Thailand, said WTO’s compliance ruling confirmed yet again that Thailand’s prosecution of the tobacco firm its employees for alleged under-declaration of customs values was inconsistent with Thailand’s WTO obligations.

And even PM is lobbying for vaping: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/well-being/tobacco-giant-lobbies-thai-government-to-reverse-vaping-laws

I guess the latest news is just a <deleted> to them.

7 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I agree with what you're saying. But if it was me, I'd be holding off on using this product till more information is made available, but that's just me..

This product is made to help people quit smoking. If you smoke regular cigarettes, then you should change to vaping, the article you linked if you check the number clearly shows the risk is much smaller.

If you want to use it just to enjoy the flavour, I believe it will be much healthier than drinking a beer or a soda, even if you add nicotine, which is not more dangerous by itself than caffeine.

Archived