BANGKOK
webfact

E-cigarettes cause brain damage and cancer, reports Thai media

A couple of troll posts removed

3 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

https://www.sciencealert.com/vaping-may-be-complicit-in-almost-100-mystery-lung-illnesses-currently-being-investigated

Don't believe these Thai statements however there is something up with this product, just happy I never used it for it doesn't appear to be as safe as everyone says..

There are milions of people who vape every day in the US, 10 millions they said in the article, and they are talking about 100 cases of mysterious lung deasises that could be linked with vaping, with no proof yet, and no death. How many people die every day from regular cigarettes in the US every day?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thaichina said:

There are milions of people who vape every day in the US, 10 millions they said in the article, and they are talking about 100 cases of mysterious lung deasises that could be linked with vaping, with no proof yet, and no death. How many people die every day from regular cigarettes in the US every day?

Not sure but the brain damage part seems believable.

• Sad 1

Kick boxing causes brain damage too so that needs to go.

• Haha 1

From what I have heard they want to eliminate smoking completely by increasing tax so much that most won't be able to afford to smoke.
They will replace the state income from Tobacco with Medical Cannabis.
This will take a few years to build up but when that happens I guess they don't want people changing over to E-Cigs either.

1 minute ago, thaichina said:

I agree with what you're saying. But if it was me, I'd be holding off on using this product till more information is made available, but that's just me..

2 minutes ago, HLover said:

Not sure but the brain damage part seems believable.

Why?  Cigarettes have never been linked with brain damage!

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

https://www.sciencealert.com/vaping-may-be-complicit-in-almost-100-mystery-lung-illnesses-currently-being-investigated

Don't believe these Thai statements however there is something up with this product, just happy I never used it for it doesn't appear to be as safe as everyone says..

https://vaping360.com/vape-news/82975/is-the-wisconsin-lung-disease-outbreak-really-about-vaping/?fbclid=IwAR0FtYhGZ6xE8Ge6D2tn2rRgXYb8Pq8tbWhp2RN-NQu6i4rtFG-UNTozAv0

Yes all these cases have been caused by black market THC/other drugs cartridges, which is entirely the governments fault that you have to bu this <deleted> from a black market as prohibition just doesn't work ever.

The man’s brother said he had vaped what he called THC cartridges, sold on the street. The package he showed was labeled “Dank – Rose Gold,” and the product appears like a typical THC oil cartridge. There has long been a huge problem with counterfeit cartridges, filled with unknown substances and sold as branded cannabis products. The Dank Vapes “brand” is one of the most commonly seen in street sales.

But legitimate THC products like oil carts are not sold on the street or in c-stores—especially in non-legal states like Wisconsin. The Dank Vapes products are sold empty. If they are filled with liquid, there is no telling where it came from. As Zach Harris wrote in cannabis publication Merry Jane, the carts “could have contained any number of substances, including pesticide-tainted THC oil, synthetic cannabinoids, or something entirely different.”

Good job governments in killing your own citizens.

This stuff has nothing to do with vaping nicotine/ecigaretts.

You want to know the real reason why it's banned here? https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2019/02/11/iqos-drives-philip-morris-growth-in-2018-outlook-remains-bright/#6a4d66bd7c92

IQOS from Philip Morris.

Who's suing Thailand at the WTO? Philip Morris: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30372928

Who won against Thailand - yeah right Philip Morris... 

n response to the latest ruling, Gerald Margolis, branch manager of Philip Morris Thailand, said WTO’s compliance ruling confirmed yet again that Thailand’s prosecution of the tobacco firm its employees for alleged under-declaration of customs values was inconsistent with Thailand’s WTO obligations.

And even PM is lobbying for vaping: https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/well-being/tobacco-giant-lobbies-thai-government-to-reverse-vaping-laws

I guess the latest news is just a <deleted> to them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I agree with what you're saying. But if it was me, I'd be holding off on using this product till more information is made available, but that's just me..

This product is made to help people quit smoking. If you smoke regular cigarettes, then you should change to vaping, the article you linked if you check the number clearly shows the risk is much smaller.

If you want to use it just to enjoy the flavour, I believe it will be much healthier than drinking a beer or a soda, even if you add nicotine, which is not more dangerous by itself than caffeine.

Edited by thaichina
  • Like 2