BANGKOK
webfact

E-cigarettes cause brain damage and cancer, reports Thai media

And in order to proof his claim about the brain damage he admitted that he secretly has smoked the e-cigarettes for many years. I trust he is right with his claim. 😎

9 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

How come these things aren't happening in the UK for instance?

Probably because better scientific practice. or perhaps because there is regulation about what can be sold.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Because no one there sells toxicated fake THC cartridges to kids: https://www.leafly.com/news/health/tainted-vape-carts-sicken-7-california-safety-report-leafly

All these cases are no vape eliquid, all are drugs in cartridges, nothing to do with vaping, might as well smoked that <deleted> in a vaporizer for weed

Yes I was about to say there was actually a similar episode in Manchester, UK.  It turned out that those involved had been exposed to dodgy street drugs. 

26 minutes ago, wisperone said:

I am all for banning these things. I do not want to breathe in someone else's vaping chemicals. There is no shortage of information out there on the dangers of these.  People ending up in coma, lung damage, illness...not to mention batteries blowing up in smokers face and disfiguring them. Doesn't take much common sense to imagine what the long term effects of inhaling these chemical concoctions will bev. This is something Thailand has gotten right in banning them.

The chemicals that make up vaping liquid are either Vegetable glycerine or Propylene Glycol (commonly a mixture of the 2), food flavouring and (optionally) nicotine.

Do you brush your teeth? Because if you do, you are putting that stuff (minus nicotine) in your mouth every day. Similarly if you eat an ice cream, bakery products and a myriad of other food products.

Propylene Glycol is even used in intravenous medications so is injected directly into the bloodstream.

To me it seems that common sense would say that these chemicals must be generally safe.

BTW, the Lithium batteries powering the devices are the same but usually smaller than the battery in every smart phone. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Rodrigues Pereira said:

I sincerely hope this "Dr" is not an MD . Because if he is, he should be interdited !!!

Not sure he's even real: https://www.google.com/search?q=Khajorn+Kaewjarat&rlz=1C1CHBF_enTH799TH799&filter=0&biw=1916&bih=920

4 google hits, only this news, nothing else. normal doctors publish papers etc...

4 minutes ago, Dr Rodrigues Pereira said:

I sincerely hope this "Dr" is not an MD . Because if he is, he should be interdited !!!

Maybe he has a PHd...in BS.

• Like 1

I know who have a damaged brain already, sure not from e-  cigarettes....Thailand,  the hub of stupidness, that's what I learned since living here

Yes, Thailand is so far ahead of the Western countries in cancer research and international publications backing up this claim. Hub of one (researcher)?

• Like 2