E-cigarettes cause brain damage and cancer, reports Thai media

webfact

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The vaping propaganda is similar to the tobacco lobby who denied the  relationship between smoking and ill health. The large, dense clouds of smoke spewed out by vapers is disgusting.

Typo surely. Should read anti-vaping propaganda.  Mainstream science appears to support the notion that vaping is much safer than smoking.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/20/2019 at 11:28 AM, JustAnotherFarang said:

Just like with mysticism and spirirtualism, thais need no scientific proof before making up their dull minds. 

Can you make your point without brazenly insulting our hosts? This is not a private room in a pub where you are together with friends of your own kind. This website is based in Thailand and is readable by everyone (including the government to whom you must apply for permission to stay). There are surely many Thais reading this site. Would you stay in someone's house and insult your hosts behind their backs? Why are you even in Thailand if you have such contemptuous attitude towards the population?

It's not just you, I know. There are other examples in this thread and many other threads. Please put a cork in it, for all our sakes.

2 hours ago, thedemon said:

I wonder what happens if they do the same MRI after eating a cheese sandwich. I guess that hasn't been tested yet.

In fact, I wonder if just the change in breathing pattern might effect some change.

I assume they checked that.... then again!

4 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

In fact, I wonder if just the change in breathing pattern might effect some change.

I assume they checked that.... then again!

Bingo.

Like many laboratory tests, the parameters of this study didn’t exactly match the real world. In an emailed statement, Juul, the San Francisco-based e-cigarette company that controls more than 70 percent of the US market, points out that the study “called for a forced puffing regime that is unrealistically high in volume with very limited time between puffs.”

The effects seen in this study, however, were short-lived. The participants regained their normal vascular function in a couple of hours.

It’s also true that these vascular responses aren’t unique to smoking. Lots of behaviors and environmental factors can trigger blood vessels to constrict, without causing harm. “A host of other activities, including exercise and caffeine use, have been shown to impact vascular activity acutely, but these short-term changes don't necessarily have any long-term prognostic value,” says Gregory Conley, president of the American Vaping Association, an organization that promotes vaping products.

Including EXCERCISE and CAFFEINE.

Ok guys, no more SPORT AND COFFE, no TEE either.

Just another bs study.

1 hour ago, JamesBlond said:

Can you make your point without brazenly insulting our hosts? This is not a private room in a pub where you are together with friends of your own kind. This website is based in Thailand and is readable by everyone (including the government to whom you must apply for permission to stay). There are surely many Thais reading this site. Would you stay in someone's house and insult your hosts behind their backs? Why are you even in Thailand if you have such contemptuous attitude towards the population?

It's not just you, I know. There are other examples in this thread and many other threads. Please put a cork in it, for all our sakes.

No, but if he wants i debate him on an open panel live on TV about this.

A good ol scientific debate, let's do it. I am happy to invite a bunch of german, uk and US scientist paid out of my own money as a guests.

11 hours ago, JamesBlond said:

Can you make your point without brazenly insulting our hosts? 

It's hard to make a point when the "hosts" (Loce the word by the way, makes us aliens some sort of fungi) take straight up unsweetened rational thought as an insult.

3 hours ago, Titan1962 said:

Well just for the good doctors information,everybody I mean everybody smokes in Chiang Mai for 3 to 4 months of the year including infants.LOL

Try banning that for starters would be a good help to reducing respiratory problems.

Or the burning of trash and plastic

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2019 at 9:20 PM, DrTuner said:

Didn't work for me, had the bloody flu a few months ago. Maybe I should upgrade to a 5000W mod.

Typical E Cigs are 3 to 9 watts? UTTER <deleted> - this might have been true 4 plus years ago but not for a very long time. Typical wattage is now 30 to 80w, many vape much higher 100 to 250 is not un common.

26 minutes ago, Phil1975 said:

Typical E Cigs are 3 to 9 watts? UTTER <deleted> - this might have been true 4 plus years ago but not for a very long time. Typical wattage is now 30 to 80w, many vape much higher 100 to 250 is not un common.

Yeah it's an old video, 2014. I guess the vapers from a few years back are all dead now, so nobody remembers this gem of satire.

I havent been through the links, but did the good doc give any specifics?

ie: such as, 

-specific studies of what dangerous chemicals are in the vaping liquid?

-Studies in what is unique to the vape smoking proccess that makes it so much more dangerous than normal cigarettes?

If all he can put forward is the nicotine argument, then his whole theories dont really hold much water.

Just makes him look like a Phillip Morris stooge.

8 hours ago, pookondee said:

I havent been through the links, but did the good doc give any specifics?

ie: such as, 

-specific studies of what dangerous chemicals are in the vaping liquid?

-Studies in what is unique to the vape smoking proccess that makes it so much more dangerous than normal cigarettes?

If all he can put forward is the nicotine argument, then his whole theories dont really hold much water.

Just makes him look like a Phillip Morris stooge.

He's not a PM stooge, quite the opposite. 

The thai tobacco monopoly hates PM and wants them to stop bringing Juul and IQOS here as they would steal market share from the government owned Thai tobacco monopoly.

PM sued and won Thailand in front of the WTO many times and always won, Thailand refuses to pay it's fines tho. This is their revenge, collateral damage aka dead thais don't matter, as always when money is involved here.

Archived