Lazada- Supplier Ripoff

Old Croc

I ordered a wheelchair from lazada a month or so ago. Cost 6,875 baht. When delivered it was larger than the one ordered, and unsuitable, as it wouldn't fit through normal size doors. The box was quite badly damaged in delivery and had been repaired with masking tape on arrival. The supplier is in Hat Yai.

The chair was carefully taken from the top of the box, unwrapped and unfolded, which is when it became obvious it was much too large. It was wheeled maybe 10 feet to check size with a door frame. 

As it was not as ordered, and unsuitable, it was wrapped again immediately with the original bubble wrap, etc.  and returned to the box. The condition of the chair was pristine. we closed up the box with clear tape and started return procedures. It was eventually picked up again for return. It took some time for further action from the supplier and they have now deemed "No Refund" as it had been opened and used. They posted several pictures to prove their point, not of the chair, but the box with the damage it had when it came to us. 

I've tried to open a dialogue with Lazada, but their Chat boxes and other methods don't work for me. The supplier in Hat Yai doesn't seem to exist under the name used on the site. It seems they are keeping the chair and my money.

Where do I go from here? A lawyer?

18872b12e564ac591df0f20bc9712bbb.jpeg.jpg

Couldn't find a phone number nor get the chat boxes to work

However, I've now found a dispute button, have managed to make it work and have sent my side of the argument to Lazada, so I'll wait for a reply in 1 to 3 days.

Colin,

I think I'm somewhat larger than you, and need a fairly big chair. I did realize there could have been a width problem, because despite thorough searching, I couldn't find an overall width measurement anywhere in the specifications. . I checked the Chinese factory website, Amazon in America, and others, to no avail. In the end I relied on the advertised seat width of 55.8 cm (22inches). The one they sent was 63 cm ( 24inches). This made the chair seem huge and the overall width was much too big.  The manufacturer is Yuwell, aka YuYue Medical Supplies. I went for this chair because it seemed more robust than the ones I normally get.

I've since bought another from Lazada - my usual brand - had 3, the first time from Lazada. Works well but lucky to get 2 years from them.

43 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

I hope you can get this resolved. As a previous comment mentioned, did you review the description of the product carefully? Lazada can have some shady sales at times especially with smaller electronics, IMO.

Keep trying to contact Lazada. I know from experience too, their chat service is terrible. Tried calling? Be sure to leave poor review if this is not resolved.

On another note, I would recommend just buying a wheelchair from a local shop. It will be new and you can see it right then and there before you buy it. They are cheaper than that price too.

Thanks. My first ever chair was bought locally in Phuket when I was still bedbound and they ripped off the missus incredibly. The next couple were bought by a relative in Bangkok and shipped down. The cost for the same chair was less than 1/3 of the Phuket price. Lazada didn't have many chairs then, and none suitable for me. They have now expanded their range and I tried something different this time. Unsuccessfully. 

Found the chair at that price and company is listed as Bangkok located (probably drop ship from Hat Yai?).  Indeed most say seat is 2 feet wide and even a review mentions 61cm so indeed a big chair (some list as 150 and others as 250kg)  Lazada merchants are very poor at providing meaningful measurements, often not providing anything but a photo for items that you really need to know dimensions (like tables/shelves and such).

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

iFound the chair at that price and company is listed as Bangkok located (probably drop ship from Hat Yai?).  Indeed most say seat is 2 feet wide and even a review mentions 61cm so indeed a big chair (some list as 150 and others as 250kg)  Lazada merchants are very poor at providing meaningful measurements, often not providing anything but a photo for items that you really need to know dimensions (like tables/shelves and such).

Yes, just looked again on Lazada, there is a different supplier of the K7 chair now.  I could post the name and address of the Hat Yai company, but am mindful of name and shame policies here, especially as my dispute is ongoing.

This is from the original ad with the specifications translated by google. Note the overall width isn't mentioned.

yuwell.JPG

Thanks all for the phone numbers, I probably didn't look hard enough for those, concentrating more on trying to get the chat boxes to respond. I'll see how the dispute pans out before calling.

I've just remembered there was a separate small box inside the other main one containing footrests. Never opened it as I didn't need them because as it was obvious the chair was too large. This box was also badly damaged and greatly taped up to hold it together. As it was inside the main box this was obviously done in store! The bastards are having one on!

56 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

You might try "Fascino" drug store...the one I use carries many supplies including wheelchairs...

Have bought several things there. 

I'm not sure, as I was away with the fairies at the time, but I think that's where the first very expensive chair came from.

Edit"

Wife just came back from her task of propping up Tesco financially, and has confirmed the first chair was bought at Fascino at a cost of about 19,000. Same chair can be bought in Bangers and Lazada for 6500.

Edited by Old Croc

51 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Thanks all for the phone numbers, I probably didn't look hard enough for those, concentrating more on trying to get the chat boxes to respond. I'll see how the dispute pans out before calling.

I've just remembered there was a separate small box inside the other main one containing footrests. Never opened it as I didn't need them because as it was obvious the chair was too large. This box was also badly damaged and greatly taped up to hold it together. As it was inside the main box this was obviously done in store! The bastards are having one on!

Have bought several things there. 

I'm not sure, as I was away with the fairies at the time, but I think that's where the first very expensive chair came from.

Edit"

Wife just came back from her task of propping up Tesco financially, and has confirmed the first chair was bought at Fascino at a cost of about 19,000. Same chair can be bought in Bangers and Lazada for 6500.

How has ordering on line worked for you so far?

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

You might try "Fascino" drug store...the one I use carries many supplies including wheelchairs...

Fascino is the most expensive pharmacy I've ever been in.

They wanted 1,000bht for a packet of drugs I could buy for 250bht elsewhere.

wife ordered a shelving unit along with other things from the same supplier, package arrived last friday with everything but the shelving in it, They have listed the shelving as delivered and refuse to refund/send it out to us, lazada simply ignore any contact we attempt. It has become a matter of buyer beware with them, never had any problems until now

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

How has ordering on line worked for you so far?

In Australia brilliantly.

In Thailand generally good. Have ordered many things from Lazada with few problems, this is the first real difficulty, albeit with a dodgy supplier.  They did abruptly cancel a TV once without explanation.  Had to ask why, and wait for the refund back to my bank.

Tried BestBuy once with disastrous results, took some strong language to get my money back. Would not recommend using them.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BestB said:

try this number for lazada 02 0180000, have option for english and english speaking staff

16 hours ago, kevc said:

I had a different problem with them after countless telephone conversations nothing was happening, I went to their offices in Emquartier on Sukhumvit Bangkok and everything was sorted out in 30 minutes.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks.

I'm now waiting on the dispute process. See what happens after that.

8 minutes ago, phuket Mike said:

I bought a wheelchair from this company http://www.abloomstore.com/ I actually ordered it through Lazada. I found them very helpful before I ordered, they gave me lots of different measurements and information. Still using now after 3 years very happy with them.

Thanks for that. I haven't heard of them before.

Wheelchairs generally are easily available in Thailand, it's the large, heavy duty ones that are scarce. Sick and frail Thais are probably rarely my size!

Seat widths of 56cm and weight limits of up to 150kg (My usual chairs are 125kg) are not available in most outlets.