Starved Great Danes rescued in Pathum Thani

webfact

Starved Great Danes rescued

By The Nation

800_a503fb55cb40dd0.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Facebook.com/watchdogthailandpage/

Volunteer veterinarians from Watchdog Thailand and Pathum Thani Livestock Development Office’s Animal Welfare Division officials have rescued 13 Great Danes, which had been left uncared for at a house in Pathum Thani’s Lat Lum Kaew district. The dogs were suffering from severe malnutrition and in terrible condition.

The rescue on Monday stemmed from a complaint by the homeowner’s relative who reportedly couldn't bear to see the animals in such a condition after one of the dogs and her two pups died in a cage on Sunday.

68584801_1429049837235552_12240092520796

The unnamed middle-aged Thai woman who owns the house admitted the livestock development officials to the well-fenced two-rai compound for inspection, telling them that she had become unemployed, was recently divorced and was facing financial difficulties that prevented her from taking care of the dogs. She told veterinarian Kangwan Thirathamrong that she intended to raise the dogs to sell but had been unable to find buyers due to the bad economy. Three dogs had already died and were buried in the house compound and the remaining 15 dogs were just skin and bones due to malnutrition, Kangwan said.

68535477_1429050007235535_53550198824066

Officials thus removed the 15 dogs from the woman’s care and sent them to the Livestock Development's Animal Center to recover, after which the owner, if deemed capable to take care of them again, could collect them. The homeowner however would be held accountable for a violation under the Cruelty Prevention and Welfare of Animal Act and police would later conduct an inquiry. Watchdog Thailand confirmed that all the rescued dogs were in bad condition and required further care for recovery and invited dog lovers to help by donating.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30375039

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-20

While I do appreciate she is currently going through hardships my take on this is once she realised she could not afford to take care of the animals why didn't she contact an animal shelter to ask for assistance, I'm sure they would either have supplied her with a basic amount of food to sustain the animals lives or alternatively taken the animals off her hands.

16 minutes ago, Geoffggi said:

While I do appreciate she is currently going through hardships my take on this is once she realised she could not afford to take care of the animals why didn't she contact an animal shelter to ask for assistance, I'm sure they would either have supplied her with a basic amount of food to sustain the animals lives or alternatively taken the animals off her hands.

Ever known a Thai to think rationally?

We have had the great honour of having two Great Danes over the past 14 years.  If brought up properly, they are fantstic House Dogs, albeit a bit on the lazy side, and incredibly faithful.  When my Thai Wife saw these pictures she was horified and burst in to tears.  Unfortunately we already have four dogs, otherwise I think we could have ended up with a lot more!  We are certainly going to make a donation towards their upkeep and I just pray to God that this women is not allowed to claim them back........does not bare thinking about.

The homeowner however would be held accountable for a violation under the Cruelty Prevention and Welfare of Animal Act and police would later conduct an inquiry.

so they will apply the same measurements, which they have applied in the case of the Brit who has beaten a dog.
or is it again a double standard and she goes scot free and those dogs have to return to their misery life.

16 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

That's what a normal person would do... enough said !

King accepts 13 rescued Great Danes

By The Nation

800_e0a54b2205acf9f.jpg?v=1566369225

His Majesty the King has accepted the 13 Great Danes suffering from severe malnutrition, which were rescued earlier this week, and placed them under royal patronage and care, officials said.

A veterinarian of Pathum Thani Livestock Development Office’s Animal Welfare Division said the King sent a representative to pick up the 13 Great Danes to receive treatment at the Animals Hospital of Kasetsart University at 10:40 am Wednesday.

The dogs were rescued on Monday by volunteer veterinarians from Watchdog Thailand and Pathum Thani Livestock Development Office’s Animal Welfare Division officials from a house in Pathum Thani’s Lat Lum Kaew district. The dogs had been starved and were in terrible condition.

The rescue on Monday stemmed from a complaint by the homeowner’s relative who reportedly couldn't bear to see the animals in such a condition after one of the dogs and her two pups died in a cage on Sunday.

Watchdog Thailand announced Wednesday morning that His Majesty graciously sent his representative to the Animal Welfare Division to take the dogs to be under his patronage.

The good news from Watchdog Thailand was shared more than 1,500 times and received 1,200 comments in just three hours after the post was published. Most comments expressed gratitude for His Majesty’s kindness. The post also received over 5,500 reactions.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30375121

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-21

On 8/20/2019 at 12:47 PM, tracker1 said:

Total Disgrace ! but no punishment will be handed out more then likely ! what's more she can claim the dogs back once their condition improves CRAZY !

Apart from what was actually reported in the OP your comment was quite accurate...

"...the owner, if deemed capable to take care of them again, could collect them. The homeowner however would be held accountable for a violation under the Cruelty Prevention and Welfare of Animal Act and police would later conduct an inquiry". 

Why not do a Gofundme ,sure lots of people would chip in

when it came to dogs,she should never have let the dogs

get in such a state,she should have realised they can eat

as much as a person, but very good news The King has

stepped in ,now the dogs will be looked after.

regards worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Why not do a Gofundme ,sure lots of people would chip in

when it came to dogs,she should never have let the dogs

get in such a state,she should have realised they can eat

as much as a person, but very good news The King has

stepped in ,now the dogs will be looked after.

regards worgeordie

I was filled with admiration

19 minutes ago, mike324 said:

is this only getting attention because these dogs are great danes and are actually highly sought after?

No, it is because of the shocking condition they were found to be in and the subsequent publicity.  Fortunately H.M. has intervened and has guaranteed a better future for these sad looking creatures, as would his Father have done and did. Sadly, there are still millions of unwanted, unloved, sick dogs wandering the streets of Thailand.  Stay tuned for updates in a few months time when, hopefully, these hounds will have recovered.

Well, if the owner of these danes is being reprimanded the same way round as the alien a few weeks back with his nasty way of dealing with ONE dog problem, then we shall be witnessing public viewing of gallows and at least one hanging anytime soon .......... 

8 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

How about all the soi dogs he should adopt all of them too , he must have some very large plot of land somewhere where he can put them and he must have more then enough money to feed them for the coming 100 years . 

10000000000000000000000 years

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

No, it is because of the shocking condition they were found to be in and the subsequent publicity.  Fortunately H.M. has intervened and has guaranteed a better future for these sad looking creatures, as would his Father have done and did. Sadly, there are still millions of unwanted, unloved, sick dogs wandering the streets of Thailand.  Stay tuned for updates in a few months time when, hopefully, these hounds will have recovered.

Jesus wept, surely you can't be that naive

On 8/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, legend49 said:

Ever known a Thai to think rationally?

Yes actually, my wife, her daughter, her brother, her mother, my former personnel, my former colleagues, my neighbors and many friends and relatives. You live in a cave or what?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived