BANGKOK
Inderpland

Windows 10 message

A while back I bought a new PC with Windows 10 already installed. After getting messages to renew license I now have a message permanently in the bottom right corner of my screen no matter what program is open.

Any way to get rid of that short of buying a new license?

Capture.JPG

New activation number, EBay about 3 quid.

Posted (edited)

There's a crack code the Thai hacks use to install dodgy windows. 

Better yet, just buy a legal copy and be done with the nonsense. 

Edited by 55Jay
  • Like 1

OP, if you just want to get rid of the water mark, and aren't too afraid of the registry, you can try this:

In the search box type regedit. When the window opens, right-click on Registry Editor and Run as Administrator.

When the editor opens, navigate to:

computer\hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windowsnt\currentversion\softwareprotectionplatform\activation

Change the value of "manual" from zero (0) to one(1)

Exit Regedit and reboot. This will get rid of the activation message from your desktop but your machine will still have the same restrictions for personilization, etc.

To find out what the activation status is on your operating system, open a command prompt (Search, cmd) and type slmgr /xpr.

If you do the sensible thing, and order a new key online, before you do this, go to search again, type in winver and click on it. This will show the version you want to order the key for.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

A few questions;

1.  Did they advertise it with Win10 'Pre installed'. Or did they install it. 

2.  When did you buy it/where (you say "a while back")

3.  Have you done any sort of reformatting, upgrading etc so that you have "lost" the original installation.

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

OP, if you just want to get rid of the water mark, and aren't too afraid of the registry, you can try this:

In the search box type regedit. When the window opens, right-click on Registry Editor and Run as Administrator.

When the editor opens, navigate to:

computer\hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windowsnt\currentversion\softwareprotectionplatform\activation

Change the value of "manual" from zero (0) to one(1)

Exit Regedit and reboot. This will get rid of the activation message from your desktop but your machine will still have the same restrictions for personilization, etc.

To find out what the activation status is on your operating system, open a command prompt (Search, cmd) and type slmgr /xpr.

If you do the sensible thing, and order a new key online, before you do this, go to search again, type in winver and click on it. This will show the version you want to order the key for.

Thanks, that's very helpful.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

A few questions;

1.  Did they advertise it with Win10 'Pre installed'. Or did they install it. 

2.  When did you buy it/where (you say "a while back")

3.  Have you done any sort of reformatting, upgrading etc so that you have "lost" the original installation.

Windows was pre-installed but I highly doubt I/they paid for it.

3 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Windows was pre-installed but I highly doubt I/they paid for it.

No, you will have paid 4000BHT for a copy of windows which they will have activated using many "one year" systems (we cannot discuss how this works on the forum- PM me if you want a free workaround!).  Always check for the "Dos/Ubuntu OS  Installed"  'Windows 10-Baht 4000 extra'.  Common "small print" scam in CM.

Buy a key on eBay....Little money...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, transam said:

Buy a key on eBay....Little money...

Perhaps 100 baht. But Inderpland, clean install the OS, as opposed to trying to add a key to their install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Download the Tool and follow the instruction to create 64 bit installation media. It's very easy to install yourself and you will have the latest version that is guaranteed to be clean.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I bought a Win 7 key from eBay(US) seller stouscaveng399060 in June. He messaged me the key within an hour.  I checked and he seems to be selling Win 10 keys as well.

I purchased the key from your suggested eBay seller.  It activated immediately as a retail channel version. Good deal for 110 baht. Thanks again for your post.   

Edited by ricklev

Posted (edited)

Just contacted a seller on Ebay with my OS details and asked him if he sells keys for Win 10 Pro and he asked if I have Win10 LTSB or LTSC.

I Googled the acronyms but it's all gobbledygook to me and not really something I need to understand (I think) but how to check what my PC has?

Again I Googled the procedure (Click Start > Settings > System > click About from the bottom of the left-hand menu) but did not get the info requested (I erased my PC's ID details)

tempsnip.png

Edited by Inderpland

10 minutes ago, Inderpland said:

Just contacted a seller on Ebay with my OS details and asked him if he sells keys for Win 10 Pro and he asked if I have Win10 LTSB or LTSC.

I Googled the acronyms but it's all gobbledygook to me and not really something I need to understand (I think) but how to check what my PC has?

I doubt that you have LTSB or LTSC, as these are typically sold to large commercial customers.

As the article below indicates, LTSC is an update of LTSB, brought out in 2019.

Did you explain that you just purchased a consumer computer at the local store with Win10 on it?

https://www.syslogic.com/eng/blog/2019/02/windows-10-ltsb-is-now-called-windows-10-ltsc-just-a-facelift-or-is-there-more-to-it-95717.shtml

19 minutes ago, timendres said:

I doubt that you have LTSB or LTSC, as these are typically sold to large commercial customers.

As the article below indicates, LTSC is an update of LTSB, brought out in 2019.

Did you explain that you just purchased a consumer computer at the local store with Win10 on it?

https://www.syslogic.com/eng/blog/2019/02/windows-10-ltsb-is-now-called-windows-10-ltsc-just-a-facelift-or-is-there-more-to-it-95717.shtml

No, I didn't. I'll tell him and see what he says.

OP,if you have such a fishy installation, I'd start from scratch on.

Download the newest version with the 1903 update and make a clean install. I do have a way to get it done in a minute, page me if interested,.