Where to buy Computer Hardware in Bangkok

superatoz

hi ,

I like to know where I can get good reputable hardware like motherboards , CPU , ram etc

in bangkok ?  my gf said to go to fortune , 

are there any other places then BANANA , JIB and Advice ?

Would appreciate advise, thanks 

regards

I buy most parts from https://www.jetcom.co.th/ in Fortune (3rd floor)

They have most things, they have reasonable prices, and they have staff which is competent enough.

For cables, adapters, etc. I go to ZoneLink which is 50m away from Jet Computer. They have reasonable prices and they know their products.

In any case it makes a lot of sense to double check on the internet what you are buying.

Recently I needed urgently a UPS. I was interested in a model which had connections for extension cables and not the normal power plugs. I saw one and I bought this APC UPS without much thinking. It's a UPS from a brand name company, it should work...

Then I brought it to the place where I wanted to install it and the UPS was dead. Also after an hour charging it was dead. And then I looked at the paper with a detailed log when it passed the quality check at the manufacturer. And then I realized that that UPS was for 4 years in the shop. The test report was from 2015, 4 years ago!

I went back to the shop and I demanded my money back. First they didn't want that but at the end I got it back.

That was the only time that happened to me but now I am obviously more careful, even with "simple" things like a UPS.

Pantip Plaza is your place to go:) A true paradise for every tech freak. 
Yes...years ago...but no longer...number of shops/stores has decreased greatly due to internet sales competition and higher rent...I can tell you haven't been there for a long time.

On 8/21/2019 at 7:13 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I buy most parts from https://www.jetcom.co.th/ in Fortune (3rd floor)

They have most things, they have reasonable prices, and they have staff which is competent enough.

For cables, adapters, etc. I go to ZoneLink which is 50m away from Jet Computer. They have reasonable prices and they know their products.

In any case it makes a lot of sense to double check on the internet what you are buying.

Recently I needed urgently a UPS. I was interested in a model which had connections for extension cables and not the normal power plugs. I saw one and I bought this APC UPS without much thinking. It's a UPS from a brand name company, it should work...

Then I brought it to the place where I wanted to install it and the UPS was dead. Also after an hour charging it was dead. And then I looked at the paper with a detailed log when it passed the quality check at the manufacturer. And then I realized that that UPS was for 4 years in the shop. The test report was from 2015, 4 years ago!

I went back to the shop and I demanded my money back. First they didn't want that but at the end I got it back.

That was the only time that happened to me but now I am obviously more careful, even with "simple" things like a UPS.

I preferred Fortune even when Pantip was close to it's height... less annoying touts...  I was happy with jetcom, I think ZoneLink was another that I was happy with but I cannot remember the name exactly so take that with a grain of salt.   Pantip for the most part is now a 'Lifestyle' mall... not the computer haven it was before.

Yeah, I bought a lot of product from NewEgg online in 2018 (the smaller stuff).  CPU, memory, even two IronWolf Pro Seagate Hard drives, Samsung 970 SSDs, and quite a few other things cheaper (with delivery by Fedex) than buying locally.  [The NewEgg vendor Seagate Ironwolf drives are no longer available for shipping to Thailand so Seagate might have told them they only have rights to the US for that item].  When I order online from NewEgg they included VAT and duties and delivered using Fedex... so other than watching the tracking number... and having a significant discount from local vendors.... it was no different than ordering online locally.

I bought some other stuff from Invade IT (motherboard, Noctua Cooler, fans) (delivered from Hua Hin).

The case I think I bought from JIB (I was looking for a specific case and they had it in stock).  I bought 3 monitors (all 4K) one from JIB, then the other two from Banana IT because it was 1000 baht cheaper per monitor for the same monitor. 

Archived