Departure Card Lost....

For 2 years I have been going to immigration and waiting 3-5 hours to receive my 90 day extension.  I want to stop going to immigration and fill out the form on-line, however, i lost my card.  In order to fill out the form on-line, you MUST have the number on the departure card.  How do i receive a new card? 

• Haha 1

I've had several Departure cards lost when sending my passport for Visas at various Embassies - even when it was stapled in.  I just got a new TM6 from the airport check in desk (booking agents also have them in their offices) and filled in the departure details when flying out, and the Immigration guy accepted it.

I think the details on the card are just the same stamp as in your passport?  

I am also likely to lose my TM6 when I arrive in a few weeks and check into a hotel in downtown Bangkok. I am eager to see how they will handle the TM30 reporting without my "lost" TM6. ????

I see no valid reason for them to refuse check in.

Any opinions?

Edited by lkv
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

All you need is the number that was on the card. Do you by any chance have a copy of it somewhere.

It might even be written near your  most recent entry stamp.

When I do my annual extension, does Immigration need to see my physical TM6 departure card?  I made a photocopy of it, and I do know they want such a photocopy for renewal. But, are they looking a for a stapled TM6 to my passport as well? Thanx.

2 hours ago, JimGant said:

When I do my annual extension, does Immigration need to see my physical TM6 departure card?  I made a photocopy of it, and I do know they want such a photocopy for renewal. But, are they looking a for a stapled TM6 to my passport as well? Thanx.

I am not sure if they even look at the one I have in my passport.

You do I think though need the original if they wanted to see it I would say.

I had this problem once, ( lost departure card ). As i was staying in Buriram I went to the Buriram immigration office in the late afternoon, to ask what should i do.

The immigration officer was surprisingly help full, ( yes unusual ) he asked me for my passport, he put my passport number in the computer, checked the details of my passport and then gave me my number from the computer, he even wrote out the number on a slip of paper for me, he then asked me with a smile, yes with a smile to kindly look after the next one better, he then stood up bid me farewell, all done in approximately 15 minutes.

• Like 1

Last year I lost my TM6 and had to do a police report at my local police station and bring it to Changwattana before they issued me with a new one. There is a desk at Changwattana that deals with lost TM6 forms. You also will need an extra copy of your passport details page. I cannot remember if you also need a copy of your last entry page in the passport so best to bring one just in case.

if you leave the country without a TM6 they just do one at the airport no questions or forms required. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Go to IMO and they will look up the number and write you a number on a new card you do the rest in CM anyway????

I can confirm this was exactly what Korat immigration did for me.10 minutes was all the time it took.

Lefty

6 hours ago, elviajero said:

You can, but that doesn't help the OP's problem now.

Yes you can, many of them, but your arrival TM6 card has a  arrival immigration number on it, this  must match your number on your departure TM6. Otherwise you are still in Thailand, that might cause you problems layer on your return to Thailand, not sure about that, but !!!

5 minutes ago, Johnthplumb said:

Yes you can, many of them, but your arrival TM6 card has a  arrival immigration number on it, this  must match your number on your departure TM6. Otherwise you are still in Thailand, that might cause you problems layer on your return to Thailand, not sure about that, but !!!

It's not a big deal, and doesn't cause any problems. It happens all the time.

You will not still be in Thailand as long as the IO stamps you out and clears the entry on the system, which they will do. When you lose the departure card the IO just gets a new one and writes the TM6 number held on the system on to the new card.

• Like 1