TOT lack of updated BROWSER service generally

ttl

I am fairly sure I am not in this situation alone.  use their Wifi service ,and need technition service once a fortnight because of the server at Mukdahan

I also pay for IPTV for TV general usage and the BROWSER OPTION for international connections ,especially STREAMING of sports events.

As of last weekend the Browser sends me a message to update the Drivers from and including Windows * and 10.  Of course the update does not work as the system belongs to TOT.I use sky sport 1.,mainly for MAIN EVENT streaming and also ACTION EV0ENTS  when it times out it can take minutes to reload itself,meantime I watch on my small computer screen which is  usually 90 seconds ahead of the TV screen  They both "time out" after 10 to 15 minutes, so I have to set up again. Many  International Sports are of interest generally

As an Kiwi I like to follow the All Blacks,especially with World Cup due soon.

I have called  TOT service 3 times in the last 3 days to explain and ask for them to upgrade DRIVERS ASAP.  I have made the English connection by phone. but there seems to be no understanding, though as a retired teacher of English as a Second Language I try my hardest. I request they open their system and follow through my actions for them to follow and see the screen reminder to upgrade.

I have tried the local TOT branch at Mukdahan,no understands ANGRIT. They seem unable to use the demo system in their office so I can demonstrate the problems. No use making a phone call to them as as soon as they hear non Thai speach they HANG BLOODY UP.

What is your experience with TOT? Or is it only me.?

I live in a remote area only CAT was available before now 3BB both in my experience are good especially service wise

initially i was with CAT but changed to cheaper 3BB

I believe TOT is a nightmare here as well luckily not available in my area

Re service problem do you have to contact local office....My  3BB is call centre only  and they are good

BUT If you are in or near a town and need technicians every 2 weeks something is seriously wrong

Hopefully you can change provider

ToT is an internet provider... they do not supply SKY Sports  through their IPTV system so you must be getting it from a different and I'll guess "dodgy" IPTV service..which I suspect is where your "upgrade drivers" problem lies..so talk to them not ToT.

ToT do not "upgrade drivers" they are only interested/required  to provide internet to the modem/router on your property

( this equipment will not display a message to you about "updating drivers" )

all other equipment attached to the modem/router is your responsibility,  visiting "dodgy" web sites is also your responsibility

also remember when you get a message to "update drivers"  don't click on the box saying "update now"  or something similar because it will probably lead to a virus.

What's the Browser option ? and what browser are you using ?

TOT  have nothing to do with browsers,,I use TOT and have for

a long time,most of the time its OK,same as other suppliers I suppose.

regards Worgeordie

To the uninitiated TOT supply as a PART OF THEIR Package the output of IPTV and all it's' components.There is a full browser and obviously a component from material dated 1/2/1970 which shows on the screen ans then automatically shows current date.  The first  automatic offering is   http.metv.co.th which of course brings the message unavailable

Using a mouse you can select from a  good and useful range of options of computer sites,even GOOGLE and work from there with all the balls and whistles. TOT mus be responsible to upgrade the browser one would think, as it  is a component included (but not shown)on my monthly account.

Ask your local TOT office next time you pay their bill

Been some action somewhere.  Big improvement with Sky Sport one  Both Main event and Action videos,though download not fast enough yet     Please note TOT Top Box showing in first picture..Just part of the  standard system  I had installed with WIFI  7 years ago    Enjoy

DSCN1799.JPG

DSCN1800.JPG

TOT have been having some issues with all their services over the past 4 days... hopefully resolved now.

Do you have a local Thai in your village (wife, friend etc.) who could observe the problems you are experiencing then call the local TOT branch at Mukdahan and talk with them in Thai?

when a service man calls she confuses things more.Over 7 years have had a few but no English except for one chap who died in motor cycle accident.Mukdahan had a brilliant multi lingual phone receptionist but found a much more lucritive in USA     Wife is not sure if it runs on E20 or Diesel   Thanks for the suggestion Ha.Ha

Ok after seeing the photos its makes sense now ( kind of maybe )

looks like the ToT   IPTV box may need an update to its browser..you should check in the settings menu  if a firmware/software update is available...updates where automaticity applied when I was using the ToT box  but its a computer and "things happen"

Also I would guess that you are watching Sky Sports and Kiwi Tv through the browser via a "dodgy" website which is the more likely source of "update drivers" message  and nothing to do with ToT.

On 8/23/2019 at 9:21 AM, johng said:

looks like the ToT   IPTV box may need an update to its browser..you should check in the settings menu  if a firmware/software update is available...updates where automaticity applied when I was using the ToT box  but its a computer and "things happen"

Maybe also check the "Appstore" application to see if there are updates available for your installed apps?

On 8/20/2019 at 2:51 PM, ttl said:

I also pay for IPTV for TV general usage and the BROWSER OPTION for international connections ,especially STREAMING of sports events.

How do did you access Sky Sports 1 from the browser?

Was it set up as a link from your favorites?

And how did you access Kiwi TV?

Also another link from favorites?

Could you access only the FTA (free-to-air) channels or were subscription IPTV channels available too?

As has already been suggested the box may have been set up originally for you to watch these streams via "dodgy" websites, which come and go frequently as they are essentially providing pirated content.

12.30pm just turned om Sky sports 1   .On main event NZ Rugby Championship game is on Auckland  vs Bay of plenty Loud and clear

Using Action Channel is Boxing  cannot see location and components  not known to me

Another interesting point  Call Centre for IPTV is  02 500 1111   has me beat with my poor hearing, seems all in Thai and did not pick up which number for ENGLISH    Some kind person may call them for me and put the number on this site     TOT call centre the number is 9 for English  Thanks   Vince

On 8/20/2019 at 2:51 PM, ttl said:

What is your experience with TOT?

Used them for 4  years a s only internet available was wi max, if ever  there was a  problem wife  called them and they were usually  pretty  fast to come out.

Archived