Sleek, slim and incredibly smooth, the new Galaxy Note10+ is to die for

snoop1130

Sleek, slim and incredibly smooth, the new Galaxy Note10+ is to die for

By Paisal Chuenprasaeng
The Nation

001.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Note10 compared to Note10+ (beneath).

A powerful smartphone with a large and beautiful display, the Samsung Galaxy Note10+ boasts excellent quality quad rear cameras and plenty of tools that will allow you to stretch your creativity to the max.

It’s sleek and smooth too, just 7.9mm thick and with a large 6.8-inch full display that curves down on both left and right edges.

Its Bluetooth S-Pen is nicely hidden at the right bottom of the smartphone and it can be taken out and ready for use with just a light push.

The Note10+ has a generous amount of working memory or 12 gigabytes of RAM and comes with 256 GB of internal storage that can be expanded by up to one terabyte with a microSD card, which shares the second SIM slot.

It is powered by Samsung’s flagship Exynos 9825, an octa-core CPU that packs a lot of horsepower into a small package. It consists of two 4th generation custom CPUs – two Cortex-A75 cores running at 2.7 GHz for optimal performance, and four Cortex-A55 cores running at 2.4 GHz for greater efficiency as well as two dual custom running at 1.9 GHz.

I tested the Note10+ with the AnTuTu benchmark app v 7.2.3 and it got an impressive score of 353,041. As at August 18, AnTuTu reports that the Note10+ in my hands beat 87 per cent of users of the app that post results to the ever-growing online database of Android users. Any smartphone or tablet that scores up to 300,000 points on AnTuTu benchmark is already impressive for its performance.

During the test, I found the Note10+ was very fast. The touchscreen and menus were very responsive. Applications and games ran fast and smoothly. For example, the Rangnarok Mobile game, which requires a lot of resources and often disconnects on mobile devices, an smoothly on the Note10+ and the game rarely disconnected during my trial.

For game playing, the Note10+ has a slimmer, newly designed vapour chamber cooling system, improved AI, and enhanced NPU or Neural Processing Unit that provides game players with a smooth gaming experience with reduced lag.

For gamers who want to add some personality to their streams, or vloggers wanting to enhance their tutorials, the Galaxy Note10 introduces the Screen recorder. This allows you to easily capture what's on the screen, use picture-in-picture to add reactions, and employ the S Pen to annotate as you record for a more entertaining and engaging video.

Samsung boasts that with its fast octa-core processor and plenty of memory, the Note10+ has the performance of a desktop computer. While that is difficult to prove or disprove, the Note10 does extend Samsung DeX's capabilities, making it easier for you to work between your phone and a PC or Mac. With a simple, compatible USB connection, you can drag and drop files between devices, and use your favourite mobile apps with a mouse and a keyboard, while keeping your data secure on the phone through Samsung Knox security technology.

Moreover, the Note10+ integrates Link to Windows directly into the Quick Panel. With one click, you can connect to a Windows 10 PC. Then, you can see notifications, send and receive messages, and review recent photos without pausing to look down at the phone.

And the Exynos 9825 is integrated with a fast LTE modem for truly speedy downloads of up to 2 Gbps. I tested it with Ookla Speedtest app and got download speed of 95 Mbps and upload speed of 37.3 Mbps. Files were downloaded very fast and my snapshots were backed up to my Google Photos in no time. The Internet connection was tested on TrueMove H’s LTE network.

The Note10+ comes with fast wireless connection as well and supports up to the latest Wi-Fi protocol of 802.11ax.

I particularly liked the edge-to-edge Cinematic Infinity Display, which is nearly bezel-less. It has an in-display cut out for the front camera that’s small and centred.

The Galaxy Note10+ uses Samsung’s award-winning Dynamic AMOLED display that features HDR10+ certification and Dynamic Tone Mapping to allow photos and videos to appear brighter than previous Note devices and with a wide color range. The Eye Comfort display reduces blue light without affecting colour quality for comfortable viewing.

During the test, I found the screen displayed high-resolution photos with impressive colours. HD video clips were beautiful.

I enjoyed watching HDR YouTube clips on the Note10+. Movies streamed via the TrueID TV app and iflix app were smooth and sharp.

The Note10+ comes with four rear cameras and one front camera. The front camera has 10 megapixel resolution with a f/2.2 aperture lens.

One of the four rear cameras is the main camera and this has wide-angle dual f/1.5, a f/f2.4 aperture lens and 1 megapixel resolution. Another is an ultra wide camera with f/2.2 lens that has 123-degree angle and 16 MP resolution. The third one is a 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.1 aperture lens while the fourth one is a depth camera that provides the data to create professionally blurred backgrounds with the Bokeh effect.

I found the main camera captured beautiful shots. The dual aperture design allows the camera to adjust to the surrounding light automatically. The f/.1.5 aperture helped to capture dark scenes with bright results while f/2.4 aperture kept things sharp in bright daylight.

The camera uses AI technology in the Scene Optimiser function of the auto mode, which is called “Photo” mode. The Scene Optimiser allows the camera to recognise popular subjects and use Local Tone Mapping function to adjust settings for sharp and clear results.

The Scene Optimiser recognises 30 scene modes: Face, Baby, Person, Dog, Cat, Food, People, Beaches, Sky, Mountain, Sunset, Sunrise, City, Snow, Waterfall, Watersides, Scenery, Stage, Vehicles, Drinks, Flowers, Trees, Greenery, Animal, Shoes, Backlit, Indoor, Text, Clothes, and Night view.

If you want to capture shots of outstanding subjects with blurred background, you can use the Live Focus mode that provides a slide bar for adjusting blurriness of the background in real time.

If you prefer panorama shots, you will love the Ultra Wide Camera that features 123-degree field of vision. You’ll have a wider view without having to step far away from your subjects. And the telephoto 12MP camera allows you to get close to your subjects with 2x optical zoom.

Its front camera also captures beautiful selfie shots. And the depth camera of Note10+ is useful to work with Quick Measure app and AR intelligence to allow you to measure objects easily. You simply start the Quick Measure app and point the camera to the object you want to measure and a 3D outline with length figures pop up. Or you can easily draw an imaginary line on an object to measure it.

The Galaxy Note series is well-known for its S Pen stylus pen, which is connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth, You can use the S Pen button to remotely take a photo with the Note10+. And now S Pen supports motion gestures for using with the app that is linked to it. For example, when you use the S Pen to remotely control the camera, you can change the shooting mode. Or you can move the S Pen clockwise or counterwise to change the camera angle and capture a close-crop group shot or wider scene.

The stylus pen coupled with computing power of Note10+ lets you can use the smartphone as a video editing studio. You can shoot good quality video with blurred background and the video camera has good quality microphone that lets you capture sounds around you clearly.

The video camera also has super steady function that predicts movement by pulling from a library of over a million frames to reduce shakiness. And there’s a full editing studio to allow you to insert transitions to video clips, add subtitles, change the speed and add illustrations with the S Pen.

The Note10 + comes with effective Face Recognition and Ultrasonic fingerprint that allow you to securely unlock your phone. I found that the Face Recognition allowed me to unlock the phone very fast.

The Note10+ also comes with a large 4,300 mAh battery that allowed me to comfortably survive a day of use. It supports Super Fast Charging technology and Fast Wireless Charing 2.0.

Samsung Galaxy Note10+ with 256GB storage retails for Bt37,900, and with 512GB storage for Bt40,900.

Key specs:

Network: LTE Cat. 20

Processor: Exynos 9825 octa-core processor

Memory: 12 GB

Storage: 256GB, expandable with microSD card by up to 2TB

Display: 6.8-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display with 3040x1440 pixel, HDR10+ Certified

Cameras: Rear: Quad Camera: Ultra Wide: 16MP F2.2 (123°); Wide-angle: 12MP 2PD AF F1.5/F2.4 OIS (77°); Telephoto: 12MP F2.1 OIS (45°); DepthVision Camera: VGA; Front: 10MP 2PD AF F2.2 (80°)

Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/ax, VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v5.0

GPS: Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou

Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB light sensor

Authentication: Fingerprint sensor, Face recognition

Battery: 4,300 mAh with Super Fast Charging

Dimensions: 77.2 x 162.3 x 7.9mm

Weight: 196g

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/edandtech/30375015

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-20

Another blatant PR plug masquerading as news. Hope the Nation reaped the fat advertising from Samsung they were obviously fishing for.

How about showing some editorial integrity and tagging such features with the label "advertorial" or "advertising feature".

"Sleek, slim and incredibly smooth" sounds like an ad for a vibrator.

I want to know battery life, durability and will it fit in my pocket. I'm not really interested in how quickly it can make my wife reach orgasm. She can make do with her £50 Rampant Rabbit.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:07 PM, DannyCarlton said:

I want to know battery life, durability and will it fit in my pocket. I'm not really interested in how quickly it can make my wife reach orgasm. She can make do with her £50 Rampant Rabbit.

"I'm looking for a vibrator that's about three sizes too small, never seems to stimulate any of the right places, and always runs out of power too quickly."

"Why would you want one of those?" 

"The wife says she misses me when I'm away..."

On 8/21/2019 at 1:07 PM, DannyCarlton said:

Sounds like me Dan...

Ok, 40 years ago, maybe.:whistling:

But, a grand, for a phone. Unbelievable!

On 8/21/2019 at 11:50 AM, Krataiboy said:

Another blatant PR plug masquerading as news. Hope the Nation reaped the fat advertising from Samsung they were obviously fishing for.

How about showing some editorial integrity and tagging such features with the label "advertorial" or "advertising feature".

Eureka! Just seen an item on today's Forum marked "Advertorial"!  Hopefully, our message has got through at last.

It is a high end phone after all, so not many people will buy it.

But the quality is undeniable. I have the Samsung Note 9 and its the best phone I ever had. I did a lot of sales of books in Norway and used a Note 8 then. Perfect work/office phone. I could go and snap the pictures of items to show customers. Fantastic pictures.

I'm kind of hooked on Samsung to be honest.

But will I upgrade to the Note 10/10+? Not likely. It's not sustainable business for the phone makers to expect people to switch out their phone every year. And its evident in the latest sales numbers for smartphones. Its going down now.

I paid 36.000 baht for my Note 9 back in September last year. Money is not an issue, but its simply dumb to switch phones so often. Perfectly happy with what I have.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:05 AM, gaviny said:

I was a Samsung Note owner from 3 to the ill-fated 7 , however had to resort to a cheap Xiaomi Note 6 Pro 11 months ago , as of today I still have it and cannot justify going back to Galaxy Note .

Sent from my Redmi Note 6 Pro using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

One review I read, said that Xiaomi phones were better quality phones than Samsung at half the price. Others call Xiaomi the Apple (phones) of China. I bought a Xiaomi, and couldn't be happier with it.

Beyond me why people buy these really expensive phones when they've bought the previous model probably 12 months ago.

I got a S7 Edge.....short of me losing the phone I'll never buy a phone again what possible reason would I do so.....I doubt I use more than 2%-3% of the current phones capabilities anyway

37.000 for the entry model!!

App 1200$, holy cow, my laptop was about 750, ssd, 8gb ram. Okay my laptop isn't a smartphone but still, I feel I am getting something for my money.

No thanks, I pass and change my 350$ smartphone every 2-3 years instead. If I drop it before that and destroy it, I would be sad but not driven to commit suicide.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived