BANGKOK
snoop1130

Prayut calls on everybody to join the fight against plastic

'Mr Prayuth' (as it is not 100% clear whether your are the legitimate PM, ...or rather not, after you failed to take the complete Constitutional oath in the presence of H.M. the King...): have a law imposing the use of 'olive drab' colour in all single use plastics in Thailand. I expect that the resentment of the general Thai population towards your military dictatorship will express itself quite clearly in rejecting the use of those army-uniform-coloured plastics. A big victory for the environmant this would be! ...And maybe even the little kids would start disliking that colour on people's clothes on the streets, which would be a victory for 'democracy'. Oops, I said too much, shot myself in the foot, now for sure you won't be interested... LOL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Yea for sure none of the fast food chains wish to go on the record about what they are actually doing to reduce plastic and styrene use concentrating quite often on a counter narrative to portray thereselves in a good light .. Major Supermarkets are as bad if not worse and surprise surprise take a similar line to McD's in avoiding talking about it .. 

There is a huge market for water proof paper based ( lacquered ) packagings that degrade quickly and are easily recycled a Brit' company is working on such now but it's all hush hush while testing and evaluation is carried out .. 

Water proof paper, or any paper generally isn't all that environmentally friendly, the fibre in paper has been thru' many chemical processes and what is left is virtually indestructible, sure it breaks down back into into fibre - but how much indestructible fibre can the environment handle? 

• Like 1

3-5 Baht for each bag a customer want would be a good start and make people think!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Going off on a slight sidetrack: I watched UK TV series recently about plastic (BBC - 'War On Plastic with Hugh and Anita').

MacDonalds is apparently the largest toy distributor worldwide. This is due to to seemingly endless plastic toys they give free with things like Happy Meals. The programme makers had no luck in speaking to someone from MacDonalds, or even soliciting a response.

Most of these toy are played with for a few minutes, then thrown in the bin, to go into landfill.

Coles in Australia is worst they give away all sort of I items what they sell but in miniature form

what they call mini shop

Talking of garbage think it will take 450 years to get rid of him to🤔

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Going off on a slight sidetrack: I watched UK TV series recently about plastic (BBC - 'War On Plastic with Hugh and Anita').

MacDonalds is apparently the largest toy distributor worldwide. This is due to to seemingly endless plastic toys they give free with things like Happy Meals. The programme makers had no luck in speaking to someone from MacDonalds, or even soliciting a response.

Most of these toy are played with for a few minutes, then thrown in the bin, to go into landfill.

They have already solved that here the toy is extra 49bt I think from my disgruntled 5 year old🤔

• Thanks 1

Start with a 10 baht charge per bag at 7-11, with funds distributed (yeah, right!) to the dugong institute and other worthy causes.