BANGKOK
snoop1130

Prayut calls on everybody to join the fight against plastic

5 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Coles in Australia is worst they give away all sort of I items what they sell but in miniature form

what they call mini shop

That was another documentary I watched: 'War On Waste' on ABC two years ago.

Coles was singled out for their high level of food and plastic wastage.

• Like 1

Is he holding a new plastic boob implant ? Or is an implant to have bigger balls maybe ? ... 🤭

• Haha 1

Oh dear leader, what book should we read to help with this task?

• Haha 2

The plastic problem is pretty much all my fault and I can blame no body else because I'm the one who took the plastic out of the all those shops nodody made me do it and I could have refused but I didn't.No amount blaming others will take away my contribution to the plastic problem.

• Like 1

Eyes of the international media are on Thailand reporting about this poor sea animal. PM is just trying to save face here, he couldn't give two ducks in reality. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

At least the self elected dictator speaks some sense. However, the mainland also suffers too. For a place to be claimed as paradise is beyond reasoning.  Go visit the beaches near Rayong, disgusting... I'm surprised Thai are not pointing the finger at foreigners, yet again, for the pollution, as they did a few months ago. Visit the interior of the island 'Koh Lan', just off Pattaya, and witness for yourself the amount of litter dumped there...or inland not far from Bangsaray near Jomtien. disgraceful. 

Why are there so few public bins? Or recycle bins at major public areas or at supermarkets and stores etc... for the public to utilise for free? 

Not rocket science! Or is it? 

Edited by Sonhia
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

At least the self elected dictator speaks some sense. However, the mainland also suffers too. For a place to be claimed as paradise is beyond reasoning.  Go visit the beaches near Rayong, disgusting... I'm surprised Thai are not pointing the finger at foreigners, yet again, for the pollution, as they did a few months ago. Visit the interior of the island 'Koh Lan', just off Pattaya, and witness for yourself the amount of litter dumped there...or inland not far from Bangsaray near Jomtien. disgraceful. 

Why are there so few public bins? Or recycle bins at major public areas or at supermarkets and stores etc... for the public to utilise for free? 

Edited by Sonhia
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sonhia said:

Of course it's rocket science - isn't that the more important project for the RTAF at the moment. Forget looking after what we have on earth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the major obstacles to reform is the proliferation of "Plastic leaders". They never seem to go away and clog the waterways of improvement.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prayut calls on everybody to join the fight against plastic

Meanwhile, back at the noodle shop, nobody calls on Prayut to join the fight against corruption!

• Thanks 1

It's not a "fight"....

It involves raising awareness and changing behaviors

That is the big struggle

• Like 1

Mrs Fantom and I just take our own carrier bags to supermarkets and markets. Always refuse any plastic bags offered. Absolutely no problem whatsoever.

On the other hand we continue to be amazed at the number of farangs who never consider this approach and happily depart with about 5 dugongs worth of plastic bags in their trollies.

Perhaps, if members on TV were to take a lead in refusing plastic bags instead of expecting someone else to do it for them we could make a significant impact.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Then get serious Mr. PM.  Start enforcing littering laws and make them more severe.  Severely penalize anyone caught dumping.  Enforce pay for plastic bags.  Review organisations like Big C, 711 for their obscene plastic practices.  Ban plastic use in one use items.  Ban plastic straws.  Get serious - dont just have another 1 week rhetoric then onto the next BIG thing!