UK plans to end EU freedom of movement immediately in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, emptypockets said:

And brexiteers who only post rhetoric and personal attacks on remainer posters instead of reasoned debate, also contribute nothing to the conversation and only serve to intensify the divisions between us. They seriously need to grow up. The majority of us are Brits and expats, we should be working through this together not creating a bitchfest.

I beg to differ or are you just nitpicking?

Not nitpicking, but your comprehension skills aren't great. "The majority of us are Brits and expats"  was a reference to people posting on Brexit threads not people living in Thailand.

Just a bit of nitpicking but if you quote someone you should attribute that quote to the original poster.

8 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Really ?

Hooligans.png

Photo was taken when we were defending ourselves aginst a sustained attack by well organised Russian thugs, in Marseilles.

What did you expect us to do? Run away? They may do that in your country but our colours don't run.

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

And there lies one of the biggest problems. The EU dictated the timetable / sequence of events, and TM and her sidekick Robbins rolled over. 

Wrong, the real problem is the brexiteers think they are out already and believe that EU law no longer applies.

EU member states cannot negotiate trade deals, end of story. The UK is still a member of the EU and TM was forced to concede that fact. The hard core brexiteers however have convinced themselves otherwise and lied to the rank and file. The legality will always take precedence.

19 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Most people in Belgium are Flemish and speak Flemish.

You can't get out of it that easily! Most Belgians that I've met speak to me in French, including Edin Hazard's uncle who I met in a bar in Pattaya recently. The culture, to an outsider, seems pretty indistinguishable from French too.

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You can't get out of it that easily! Most Belgians that I've met speak to me in French, including Edin Hazard's uncle who I met in a bar in Pattaya recently. The culture, to an outsider, seems pretty indistinguishable from French too.

Then you must really be on the outside despite fraternizing with Edin Hazard's uncle.

"In terms of ethnicity, the Flemish community is a majority in the country. More than 6 million inhabitants of Belgium are Flemish, while the French-speaking Walloon are a minority but make up the next biggest population group with around 3.5 million inhabitants."

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/belgium-population/

20 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Most Belgians that I've met speak to me in French, 

60 % of the Belgian population are Flemish and speak Flemish, the older ones, like myself, speak also French and German ( it was mandatory formerly to learn the 3 national languages ).

The new generation choose now mostly English as second language.

Belgium being next to France and Germany, we have always been influenced by these both countries.

The food in Belgium has frequently the delicacy of the French cuisine, coupled with the volume of the German one.

40 minutes ago, transam said:

I thought they were detectives

we are proud in Belgium that an English Dame chose to give the belgian nationality to her super clever detective.

Hercule Poirot is supposed to be born in Wallonia ( Ellezelles) and thus speak French.

12 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

60 % of the Belgian population are Flemish and speak Flemish, the older ones, like myself, speak also French and German ( it was mandatory formerly to learn the 3 national languages ).

Belgium being next to France and Germany, we have always been influenced by these both countries.

The food in Belgium has frequently the delicacy of the French cuisine, coupled with the volume of the German one.

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

we are proud in Belgium that an English Dame chose to give the belgian nationality to her super clever detective.

Hercule Poirot is supposed to be born in Wallonia ( Ellezelles) and thus speak French.

Let's hope that Brexit doesn't come to fruition. We would genuinely miss you guys.

23 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

The irony of the EC - its citizens will use the language of a non-member in which to conduct their discussions. I recall reading that in the Netherlands Dutch is dying out among the young

2 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

The irony of the EC - its citizens will use the language of a non-member in which to conduct their discussions. I recall reading that in the Netherlands Dutch is dying out among the young

I can personally testify that most of them speak better English than me.

On 8/20/2019 at 6:33 PM, snoop1130 said:

It would also leave millions of EU citizens in limbo, he said.

Don't forget Boris the aliens having the right visa, work permit, £10,000 in a UK bank if married or £20,000 if single, no NHS treatment free, also report to immigration every 90 days, can't own land etc etc. ????

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 1:57 AM, Loiner said:

Weren’t you talking about workers?

So tell me about your EU pensioners in UK. Where does their pension come from and does their own country actually repay the UK for their NHS benefits? Are they the net contributors Remainers like to tell us support the UK?

So all the British in Spain can sell up their houses and bars as they don't have a proper visa to stay there anymore.

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

So all the British in Spain can sell up their houses and bars as they don't have a proper visa to stay there anymore.

Probably not as they've already received residence permits.

Same in France.

If you live there more than 180 days in a year, you have to apply for residence.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Probably not as they've already received residence permits.

Same in France.

If you live there more than 180 days in a year, you have to apply for residence.

And you think you will get them that easy next time? Same if you want to work in one of the EU countries?

9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

And you think you will get them that easy next time? Same if you want to work in one of the EU countries?

As far as I know, once you have residence, it's for life.

And if you have residence and are not an EU citizen, you can apply for citizenship.

Archived