UK plans to end EU freedom of movement immediately in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I went to visit my pal not to interview foreigners and ask them where they come from.

You wouldn't do it so don't expect other people to do so.

How do you know they were "foreigners"?

59 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Where do you see all this Chomper? In your local hospital in your part of the UK? Or perhaps you don't even live in the UK.

I was in Kings College Hospital in South London yesterday visiting a lifelong pal and a lot of the staff were indeed foreigners but so were the vast majority of patients.

My pal was the only Englishman out of the four patients in his ward. My chum's nurse was in fact a young English fellow.

It sounds like you have some sort of problem with your fellow man.

Judging people not on merit but from how they look and where they come from.

We did more than three years ago on 22/6/16. We're still waiting.

Had our leaders followed a democratically arrived at decision Brexit would all be history now.

Is that the same leaders you put your trust into three years ago the ones who told us a Deal with the EU would be easy as pie the one's who have proven time and time again that can't be trusted and put there selfs and their party before the country since the beginning of time.How the hell did you think with there track record there could be any other outcome?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No need. Black skin/ brown skin = dirty foreigner. White skin = true Brit. It's the Brexiteer way. And who says Brexit wasn't all about immigration/ racial prejudice? Where's Tommy Robinson when you need him? Oh, I forgot, behind bars.

Nobody said Brexit was not about immigration. It was the prime motive that drove the British to vote to leave the EU.

Incidentally Eastern Europeans are of the same race as ourselves so how is that aspect of the issue a matter of racial prejudice?

Mass immigration was imposed upon the people without any form of consultation let alone their consent.

That is not democracy in action when it comes to such a far reaching policy as what can only be described as wholesale immigration or what some may even consider the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population albeit without military action.

In parts of our capital city it is now looked upon as offensive or even extremist to mention the fact that you're English or display the Union or national flag. Government forms don't even give you the option of saying you're English on many of their forms.

The Welsh and the Scottish each have a Legislative Assembly. The English don't.

21 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

How do you know they were "foreigners"?

It sounds like you have some sort of problem with your fellow man.

Judging people not on merit but from how they look and where they come from.

"It sounds like you have some sort of problem with your fellow man."

You've never spoken to me so you can't possibly know what I sound like.

You possibly mean I sound like someone out of 17.4 million others who wants his country out of the EU.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Where do you see all this Chomper? In your local hospital in your part of the UK? Or perhaps you don't even live in the UK.

I was in Kings College Hospital in South London yesterday visiting a lifelong pal and a lot of the staff were indeed foreigners but so were the vast majority of patients.

My pal was the only Englishman out of the four patients in his ward. My chum's nurse was in fact a young English fellow.

You are correct, I don't live in the UK. 

Your snap shot of a hospital in the centre of the capital is not representative of the NHS across the UK, other than the reliance upon immigrant staff. 

Simple statistics tells us that the patients in hospitals will reflect the demographics of the region they serve, that an inner London hospital has significant numbers of patients that you assume to be foreigners is hardly surprising.

39 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I went to visit my pal not to interview foreigners and ask them where they come from.

You wouldn't do it so don't expect other people to do so.

And yet you stated that 'most of the patients' were foreigners. 

You either knew they were foreigners, which takes some explaining, or you completely fabricated the claim. 

Which is it?

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Nobody said Brexit was not about immigration. It was the prime motive that drove the British to vote to leave the EU.

Incidentally Eastern Europeans are of the same race as ourselves so how is that aspect of the issue a matter of racial prejudice?

Thank you, at last a Brexiteer with a degree of honesty. So many on here deny that immigration had any part to play in Brexit.

As far as migration of Eastern Europeans to the UK is concerned, it has been preoved beyond doubt that they have provided a net positive contribution to the UK's economy, notwithstanding the fact that they are willing to take up jobs that Brits are unwilling to do. Fruit farmers are very worried that, without Eastern European labour, their busnesses are likely to fold.

If you talk to Brexiteers and drill down about their immigration worries, you often find that their fears are not really about immigration from the EU (with the exception of Romanian Gypsies) but it's with immigrants from South Asia and Africa. None of which would be affected in any way by our exiting the EU.

Will be very interested in your reply to another poster's question as to how you identified that most of the staff and patients on the ward you were visiting were foreigners, considering that you have said that you didn't speak to them.

18 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Mass immigration was imposed upon the people without any form of consultation let alone their consent.

That is not democracy in action when it comes to such a far reaching policy as what can only be described as wholesale immigration or what some may even consider the ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population albeit without military action.

In parts of our capital city it is now looked upon as offensive or even extremist to mention the fact that you're English or display the Union or national flag. Government forms don't even give you the option of saying you're English on many of their forms.

The Welsh and the Scottish each have a Legislative Assembly. The English don't.

"Nobody said Brexit was not about immigration."

Please stop, that has been said here time and time again.

36 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus.

1. Born & bred proud Englishman.

2. I also love European peoples and their cultures. Love travelling throughout out Europe.

3. Show yourself in your true colours - a xenophobic, nationalist, racist.

Even thinking about leaving the EU is utter madness.

4. And you want Ireland to go back to the pre 98 era?  Insane!

Carry on looking in and hating...

Where did he say what he wants Ireland to go back to?

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And yet you stated that 'most of the patients' were foreigners. 

You either knew they were foreigners, which takes some explaining, or you completely fabricated the claim. 

Which is it?

I'm English. I'm of an age when I can tell if someone is a foreigner or not. You could as well. Their appearance and accent is usually a dead giveaway.

I hope this is not too confusing for you.

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Where did he say what he wants Ireland to go back to?

A no deal Brexit enforces a hard border, there's no debate about that. A hard border is very likely to see the return of "the Troubles" in both Northern Ireland and mainland England (God forbid).

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

I'm English. I'm of an age when I can tell if someone is a foreigner or not. You could as well. Their appearance and accent is usually a dead giveaway.

I hope you do realise also people of colour and with accents can be English?

Their appearance? Someone laid in a hospital bed or wearing a nurses uniform? The only thing that could be "different" is the colour of their skin.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I hope you do realise also people of colour and with accents can be English?

On many government forms I can't even say i'm English so I don't see how someone from Nigeria or Pakistan can.

You can call yourself Thai but people will just scoff at you.

Be real.

25 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus.

2. I also love European peoples and their cultures. Love travelling throughout out Europe.

1 .  Are you still living there ?  Which part of the UK ? Are you one of JCs gang ?

2 . Me to , same same , however the UK cultures and traditions have become diluted with the influx of foreigners and the exodus of true Brits who have emigrated for the good of their children , life style and safety . The image of a UK citizen has completely changed over the last 20 or 30 years .

3 . If taking care of your own first is xenophobic then that is what I am . Nationalist , you bet I am . 

Racist ? you are clearly blinkered by an unqualified statement and should stop and think before making such claims .

5 . Not what I said , please read again ,  border remains unchanged as per Good Friday agreement . That is paramount . The disappointing matter is the rest of the deal which is still the 3 times defeated TM deal .  

30 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Jesus.

4 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

On many government forms I can't even say i'm English so I don't see how someone from Nigeria or Pakistan can.

So your issue is mainly with Africans and South Asians? I have found that generally to be the case and I too hgave concerns about large numbers of people migrating to the UK from the 2 countries that you mentioned. However, as I previously said, leaving the EU will not stem that particular flow one iota. In fact there is a good argument to support the fact that it's likely to increase.

13 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Right, so now you went around the hospital observing patients and earwigging and using these remarkable powers of yours to discern who is and who is not a foreigner. 

Tell the truth and shame the devil, you made it all up. 

You know it makes far more sense. 

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Have you a link to provide as evidence to your remark of £100 visa. I managed to find this info on visas in the event of a no deal Brexit. But why anyone would want to travel to these countries that dislike us so much, as evidenced on here, but in all fairness I can't remember a Spaniard having a go at us, so you might be ok with the Costa del Sol. Just be carefull if driving through other EU countries to get to Spain.

If there’s no deal, will I need a visa immediately after Brexit?

No. Every indication is that the European Union will classify British visitors as having “third country, visa-free” status. So from 11pm British time on 29 March 2019, UK travellers will become subject to the standard rules of admission for citizens of nations such as the US, Japan and Australia. That means your passport must have “at least six months validity remaining on the date of arrival”, according to the British government.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/brexit-travel-eu-uk-rights-passport-visa-travelling-etias-a8802471.html

yes …. for the moment …. but same as because  Boris change of policy ...it can be reversed ! Never heard about this for that ….?

I could be interested in a " Brexitbottom firesale"  Spanish ,Greece or Portugal holiday house ...but need swimming pool ,instead of A Thai one ...

Any body …? Pm me ????????

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

A no deal Brexit enforces a hard border, there's no debate about that. A hard border is very likely to see the return of "the Troubles" in both Northern Ireland and mainland England (God forbid).

You are the only one to suggest it. The BM you quoted said nothing of the kind.

2 minutes ago, superal said:

5 . Not what I said , please read again ,  border remains unchanged as per Good Friday agreement . That is paramount . The disappointing matter is the rest of the deal which is still the 3 times defeated TM deal .  

Unfortunately, completely untrue. You've been listening to Boris's banal BS again. No customs union = hard border. There's no getting round it. The technology to impose a border with IT alone is at least 5 years away and many think that it would probably never be a practical solution.

You are the only one to suggest it. The BM you quoted said nothing of the kind.

was Brexit not about "taking control of our borders "… P.M. May slogan (1 from many bold ones..)

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

So your issue is mainly with Africans and South Asians? I have found that generally to be the case and I too hgave concerns about large numbers of people migrating to the UK from the 2 countries that you mentioned. However, as I previously said, leaving the EU will not stem that particular flow one iota. In fact there is a good argument to support the fact that it's likely to increase.

Anyone from anywhere who can get to the EU can eventually get an EU passport. At present that means they can come to the UK and avail themselves of everything that's on offer.

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

I could be interested in a " Brexitbottom firesale"  Spanish ,Greece or Portugal holiday house ...but need swimming pool ,instead of A Thai one ...

Any body …?

With the £/ Baht exchange rate (assuming that you are selling a house here) and the £/Euro exchange rate, both of which are likely to worsen post Brexit, you'd never be able to afford one.

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Anyone from anywhere who can get to the EU can eventually get an EU passport. At present that means they can come to the UK and avail themselves of everything that's on offer.

Takes at least 8 years. After eight years living in Germany why would they want to move on to the UK?

Archived