UK plans to end EU freedom of movement immediately in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

9 hours ago, NightSky said:

You mean they can read?

16 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Do you think any Brexiteer reads past the bold headlines, risking to be confused by challenging details? Let them live in their fantasy land bubble. 

This kind of sneering arrogance adds nothing to the debate and just makes you look even more like the pathetic, elitist losers you are.

Grow up.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

With the £/ Baht exchange rate (assuming that you are selling a house here) and the £/Euro exchange rate, both of which are likely to worsen post Brexit, you'd never be able to afford one.

Well I was lucky to bring my €  10 years ago to Thailand at a rate by cheap Kasikorn of 47.75 (oh where are those days ..????) for buying property , which up to now never did, and change my plans as changing Pattaya/Thailand , so I never transferred anymore , so exchange rate does not bother me as use it for living in Thailand…., and incoming €'s stay in Euroland ...so just like GBP in Uk stays a GBP , same for Euro in Euro land 

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Takes at least 8 years. After eight years living in Germany why would they want to move on to the UK?

Why have hordes of third worlders been camping out in Calais for 15 years hoping to get across the channel to the UK when all they've had to do is walk across the border at Strasbourg or Freiburg and find themselves in Germany if the Fatherland is so wonderful.

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Have you a link to provide as evidence to your remark of £100 visa. I managed to find this info on visas in the event of a no deal Brexit. But why anyone would want to travel to these countries that dislike us so much, as evidenced on here, but in all fairness I can't remember a Spaniard having a go at us, so you might be ok with the Costa del Sol. Just be carefull if driving through other EU countries to get to Spain.

If there’s no deal, will I need a visa immediately after Brexit?

No. Every indication is that the European Union will classify British visitors as having “third country, visa-free” status. So from 11pm British time on 29 March 2019, UK travellers will become subject to the standard rules of admission for citizens of nations such as the US, Japan and Australia. That means your passport must have “at least six months validity remaining on the date of arrival”, according to the British government.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/brexit-travel-eu-uk-rights-passport-visa-travelling-etias-a8802471.html

The US, Japan & Australia, etc, are named in EU legislation so UK would not qualify until they were added to the list, could take years to amend the list if the EU wanted.

I recon £100 would be about right for a 60 Euro Schengen after the pound hits its new low after Brexit.  

4 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

his kind of sneering arrogance adds nothing to the debate and just makes you look even more like the pathetic, elitist losers you are.

Grow up.

And brexiteers who only post rhetoric and personal attacks on remainer posters instead of reasoned debate, also contribute nothing to the conversation and only serve to intensify the divisions between us. They seriously need to grow up. The majority of us are Brits and expats, we should be working through this together not creating a bitchfest.

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

Why have hordes of third worlders been camping out in Calais for 15 years hoping to get across the channel to the UK when all they've had to do is walk across the border at Strasbourg or Freiburg and find themselves in Germany if the Fatherland is so wonderful.

You must be aware from where those people came and level  ..? And so they believe in the U.K. myth they spread amongst each other about Paradise island …,so lucky for us they don't want al to stay in Europe

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

So what did you see in your local hospital Chomper?

Oh sorry I forgot, you don't even live in the UK.

Why don't you go back to the UK if in fact that's where you're originally from and come back when you know what you're talking about.

I think I'm like a lot of TVF members, I live in Thailand and frequently visit the UK and other places. 

My last visit to a UK hospital was the University Hospital Nottingham to visit someone being treated, thankfully successfully for cancer. I don't recall ever wandering around the wards checking on the nationality of the patients, that seems to be a yogi thing.

As for knowing what I'm talking about, before coming to Thailand I spent three months in Edinburgh's Royal Infirmary. 

I have had first hand experience of the excellent UK NHS and the first rate professional health care provided by foreigners working in the NHS.

Your call for me to go back to 'somewhere' is noted as the dregs of what passes for Brexiteer points of argument. 

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

"It sounds like you have some sort of problem with your fellow man."

You've never spoken to me so you can't possibly know what I sound like.

You possibly mean I sound like someone out of 17.4 million others who wants his country out of the EU.

The problem is almost as many people could see the lies and voted remain and many others didn’t vote who would have likely done if they had known their vote was needed.

People keep spouting on about democracy, if you want true democracy then opt for a new vote based on the facts now that some of the realities of what would happen are known. In 2016 nothing was known about what will happen. People voted only based on untruths. 

Although now that some truths are known about the consequences of brexit it sounds like leavers are worried a second vote would result in remain.

The first vote was not democratic it was bs based on unknowns - a very important decision taken as lightly and as casual as a flip of the coin.

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Because there aren't hoards, only a small percentage of migrants find themselves at Sangatte. I've never seen a Pakistani or Indian at Sangatte, they migrate via Heathrow. Those that do make their way to Sangatte have been lured by false and fanciful stories of the streets of London being paved with gold. The few that do make it over the Channel soon learn the grim reality. Those who use that route have lessened greatly in recent years and those that do manage to migrate across the Channel is relatively tiny. However, with our exit from the EU we might find that the French authorities less willing to help us in stemming that particular flow.

The majority now migrate to other European countries where they are generally better treated than in the UK. After settling there and raising their children there and learning the language, have no desire to up sticks again and relocate to the UK.

16 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

And brexiteers who only post rhetoric and personal attacks on remainer posters instead of reasoned debate, also contribute nothing to the conversation and only serve to intensify the divisions between us. They seriously need to grow up. The majority of us are Brits and expats, we should be working through this together not creating a bitchfest.

yeah …, what comes around goes around too I would say....a ping gives a pong and then you have a ping pong game conversation

33 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Why don't you go back to the UK if in fact that's where you're originally from and come back when you know what you're talking about.

Arw you sure you’re not related to Donald trump?

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think I'm like a lot of TVF members, I live in Thailand and frequently visit the UK and other places. 

My last visit to a UK hospital was the University Hospital Nottingham to visit someone being treated, thankfully successfully for cancer. I don't recall ever wandering around the wards checking on the nationality of the patients, that seems to be a yogi thing.

As for knowing what I'm talking about, before coming to Thailand I spent three months in Edinburgh's Royal Infirmary. 

I have had first hand experience of the excellent UK NHS and the first rate professional health care provided by foreigners working in the NHS.

Your call for me to go back to 'somewhere' is noted as the dregs of what passes for Brexiteer points of argument. 

I'm not knocking the NHS nor anyone who works in it no matter where they come from. And you know I'm not.

But from another aspect of the Brexit and the immigration issue a different friend of mine to the one I mentioned in KCH just waited 18 months for a hip replacement. 

He'd worked all his life and always paid his dues.

See if you know why he waited for so long after it was decided he needed one.

Every day on the news even on the MSM we keep hearing about how over stretched the NHS is and how long waiting times are. We also hear of folk waiting two weeks to see their general practitioner (local doctor). We also hear about the massive amount of money health tourism is costing us.

Many of these 'health tourists' need interpreters to speak for them, The NHS through the tax payers (us) have to pay for them as well. Because of this extra expense those in need of interpreters are seen to first.

The general consensus of opinion is that the NHS in spite of all its virtues is in a mess.

6 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I'm not knocking the NHS nor anyone who works in it no matter where they come from. And you know I'm not.

But from another aspect of the Brexit and the immigration issue a different friend of mine to the one I mentioned in KCH just waited 18 months for a hip replacement. 

Every day on the news even on the MSM we keep hearing about how over stretched the NHS is and how long waiting times are. We also hear of folk waiting two weeks to see their general practitioner (local doctor). We also hear about the massive amount of money health tourism is costing us.

Many of these 'health tourists' need interpreters to speak for them, The NHS through the tax payers (us) have to pay for them as well. Because of this extra expense those in need of interpreters are seen to first.

The general consensus of opinion is that the NHS in spite of all its virtues is in a mess.

Oh, were's off on health tourism now are we?

Once again you refer to news sources other than MSM, and once again fail to provide an information on what those news sources are. 

Going back to your NHS comments, the issue is your obviously fabricated statements regarding the patients at KCH. 

Just do the right thing and admit you made it all up. 

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

On many government forms I can't even say i'm English

Oh, grow up. Of course you can't state that your 'Engish' any more that a Scot can claim Scots nationality or a Yorkshireman claim that as as a nationality. I, and I presume you, are UK citizens and all the better for it. Tribal warfare died out many centuries ago.    

Massive amount of money for health tourism.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://fullfact.org/health/health-tourism-whats-cost/&ved=2ahUKEwikldiup5PkAhWCNo8KHbh0DN8QFjABegQIDhAH&usg=AOvVaw13kuxTuPjU3Lnn6yl7Lz-V

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yet brexiteers continually refer to the simplicity of a Swiss border, talk about Cherrypickers United.

Nothing wrong with cherry picking. We like cherries.
For thousands of years we have taken the best or the things we like and developed them, then discarded the rest. This applies to everything - animals, agriculture, horticulture, social cultures. Why do you think we can’t cherry pick in this case just because the EU says so? Is it the domination thing you quite like?

25 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Arw you sure you’re not related to Donald trump?

I would not dream of criticising someone about what opinions he may form from what he sees in which ever country he may live be it Thailand or anywhere else.

But by the same token I don't expect to be criticised for my opinions about wherever I may live especially when it's my own country and where generations of my people have lived for thousands of years.

I dare say Trump feels the same way about his country even though his forebears were relative newcomers to that part of the world.

15 minutes ago, sniggie said:

Oh, grow up. Of course you can't state that your 'Engish' any more that a Scot can claim Scots nationality or a Yorkshireman claim that as as a nationality. I, and I presume you, are UK citizens and all the better for it. Tribal warfare died out many centuries ago.    

Actually, on the government forms that I've seen, answering the ethnicity question is purley voluntary. Ususlly has a section, "other" where you can enter what you consider your ethnicity. You are perfectly entitled to put "Scottish" in there. I have always felt uneasy filling thatsection in but, when I do, I enter "Sand grown 'un". Sums me up best.

How many Brits live in Spain and France?Bye bye.After your friend Donald bought Greenland you can retire there,nice clean air and beaches

The Spanish will be more interested in their 800,000 pensions plus investments flowing into Spain than EU rules.

(Lets take a look a moment after the 1 November no deal Brexit  shall we...?)

Wednesday 21 August 2019 06:41, UK

https://news.sky.com/story/johnson-courts-merkel-and-macron-after-eu-snubs-backstop-alternatives-11790257

A quote out of todays article :

Speaking to Sky News, the chairman of the Brexit Select Committee, Hilary Benn said: "What does he do on the 1st November? That is when the problems will begin.
"The moment he goes to Europe after a no-deal Brexit and says can we talk about a trade deal Europe will say, right well before we can do that, what about the money you owe and what about a backstop to guarantee an open border between Northern Ireland and the Republic? In other words, he's going to have to address the things he refuses to address now".

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

Agreed. What's sauce for the goose. . . 

6 hours ago, fishtank said:

More xenophobic nonsense from this right wing Tory government.

Makes one ashamed to be British.

Well if we "Remain" very soon you won't be British...????

But on topic, am sure the UK police will be relieved that the flow of got nufink EU low-life will be off the streets to make life a bit easier.....

25 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

That's rubbish. Thousands of people access the NHS on a daily basis many of whom have paid very little or nothing into its coffers.

They can't possibly have done, they've not been in the UK long enough to have done so. Many of 'em especially young mothers have never even had a job neither have the men who put them in the family way.

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

You got that the wrong way round sunbeam, though I must admit many of your naughty lot have disappeared, or come back as a newbie perhaps....:whistling:

18 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Finally!! Time for merit based immigration. 

So now you are finally able to stop hard-working Polish people from contributing to the net worth of the UK. What are you going to do about the 248.000 Indian and Pakistani immigrants that flood England's shores year on year?

6 hours ago, Basil B said:

Only right for arrangements to be reciprocal.

Do you think I will feel sorry for any vote lever having to shell out nearly a hundred quid for a visa for every family member just for two weeks on the Costa del Sol??? ????

UK citizens will always be able to travel visa-free for 3 months in the EU. Don't know what tiny-brained mouse told you otherwise.

That's rubbish. Thousands of people access the NHS on a daily basis many of whom have paid very little or nothing into its coffers.

They can't possibly have done, they've not been in the UK long enough to have done so. Many of 'em especially young mothers have never even had a job neither have the men who put them in the family way.

Ok. I am willing to accept that the link I posted is rubbish if you provide a link to back up your claim. By the way, over 50% of the cost to the NHS is due to British expats abusing the system.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I'll assume 'Con our' means 'could you'.

By talking to British blokes like myself in the UK whose employment, housing and medical treatment etc are at risk because of mass immigration and will continue to be so while we have to follow the EU's policies of mass immigration.

Do not forget anyone with an EU passport can come to the UK and avail themselves of the services we have spent a lifetime paying for. I see and hear about it all the time where I live in London, where do you live Chomper?

15,000 asylumseekers made it to Britain, last year. Tiny Holland took 38,000. Polish people come to work, and bring prosperity.

Getting out of the EU will not stop 240,000 Pakistanis and Indians from immigrating on a yearly basis, I'm afraid, to " avail themselves of the services etc.". Maybe Britain should not have " availed itself" of the riches of these two wonderful countries for 300 years. Tit for tat.

Archived