Non - Immigrant "O" at Ho Chi Minh City report

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

HCMC is the same price as Suvannahket.

Thai non-O Visa $200, free waiver on entry, same price as Laos if you include the $30 VISA fee.

Hotels in HCMC same price as Laos, $10/night, $5 if you're OK with a hostel.

Bus from the Airport to district 1 is 20,000VND (or $1).

Why not walk and save to 20kVND

13 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

So it means 6000 thb for multiple non-O visa ?

1000 more than Savanahket ?

But as easy ?

depending on where you live in thailand, HCMC could be a lot easier than getting to savannakhet. for example, us here in the north [chiang rai / chiang mai] getting to Sav is not easy and takes a lot of time. CM has a direct flight to HCMC and Chiang Rai you can get to HCMC via DMK in 5hrs. I have been to both places and HCMC was all together a much easier and relaxing time. Maybe slightly more expensive but not by much, very well worth it in my opinion.

17 hours ago, kanook said:

Everyone has their own opinion, but I used to go to Savannakhet until I found out that you can get one in Saigon.  Did the last three in Saigon and most recently in July.  Saigon is a vibrant city with a wide range of prices and many things to do.  In fact last month I stayed 5 nights.  Pro tip - leave the wife in Thailand when you go to HCMC for your next NON O ME.

Oh really, saigon nightlife is fun and not expensive ?

On 8/22/2019 at 10:35 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Great report. What hotel did you use and was in close to the consulate?

I stayed in Novotel Saigon Center and it cost around 7 000 THB for 4 nights with breakfast which was a great deal for me. The hotel was around 1 km from the embassy. I just took the grab bike in the morning (dont remember how much) to the embassy.

Hotel is also in close distance to all city attractions so I could walk. But few times I took the taxi because of the afternoon heat.

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2019 at 9:23 AM, Denim said:

On return to Thailand how were the immigration queues and the immigration officers ?

I just posted my experience with IO in another topic but I will post here again. The queues were really short. Like 5 min max and it really surprised me because in June I waited for almost 45 minutes. All of the counters on my side were occupied by IOs.

Regarding the IO:

Interesting thing happened to me in Suvarnabhumi 2 days ago as well. After coming to Thailand on tourist visas and visa exempt stamps for 3 years I got non-imm "O" visa for the first time so I was pretty confident that this time they wont say anything to me because I do it the "correct" way.

After arriving to immigration counter, the IO opened my passport and looked at my previous stamps (maybe like 5 of them) almost 2 minutes and asked me what Im doing in Thailand. I said Im going to stay with my wife here (she even was on the same flight). He said that I have to go with him right now to the interrogation room. I asked why but he didn't replied and just said that I have to walk with him. We walked like 5 metres and I asked why again. He said that I don't have a visa and cannot stay in Thailand anymore. I said I have the visa and he stopped. I showed him the Non-imm "O". He said wait here and he went to call some of his colleague. That guy circles something in my passport and give back to the IO. After that he asked me to go back to the counter. And then he asked me many questions like:

Are you working in Thailand ?

I said no. I cannot, because I dont have working permit.

Do I have a child?

I said no again

How can I stay in Thailand that long without working?

I said I work in my country for few months and then come here. Which is true.

Where is my wife ?

What is her work ?

Why I have so many stamps in my passport ? 

Why I wanna stay in Thailand ? and other questions.

I didn't feel comfortable at all because his voice tone was very angry.

After that he stamped my passport and said that I can go. When I opened my passport I saw that the "O" and multiple entries were circled.

My guess is that he didn't even saw my visa and just started "doing" instead of "thinking" first. Completely unnecessary situation that he could avoided by just doing his job correctly. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2019 at 9:13 PM, DrJack54 said:

Does what only apply??

You quoting who?

Saigon Thai consulate can attend to most visa applications. 

I was replying to a post where the person had applied for a METV 'O' visa at HCMC based on his marriage.

• 2 weeks later...

I read on their website requiremnets for non O married include and I quote 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/46902-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-Th.html

For spouse of Thai nationals / Dành cho người có vợ/chồng là người quốc tịch Thái Lan

• Guarantee letter wrritten in Thai from Thai spouse / Thư bảo lãnh từ vợ/chồng người Thái. 
  • Copy of marriage certificate / Bản sao giấy đăng kí kết hôn hợp pháp.
  • Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card / Bản sao CMND hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.
  • Certified copy of house registration book / Bản sao hộ khẩu hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.
  • Other relevant document, for example, copy of Thai child’s birth certificate / ID card
    (Những giấy tờ hợp pháp liên quan khác, như bản sao khai sinh của người con,...

Do they always demand certification?

What does this mean and certified by who?

where would my my wife do this please?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I read on their website requiremnets for non O married include and I quote 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/46902-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-Th.html

For spouse of Thai nationals / Dành cho người có vợ/chồng là người quốc tịch Thái Lan

• Guarantee letter wrritten in Thai from Thai spouse / Thư bảo lãnh từ vợ/chồng người Thái. 
  • Copy of marriage certificate / Bản sao giấy đăng kí kết hôn hợp pháp.
  • Certified copy of Thai spouse’s ID card / Bản sao CMND hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.
  • Certified copy of house registration book / Bản sao hộ khẩu hợp pháp của vợ/chồng người Thái.
  • Other relevant document, for example, copy of Thai child’s birth certificate / ID card
    (Những giấy tờ hợp pháp liên quan khác, như bản sao khai sinh của người con,...

Do they always demand certification?

What does this mean and certified by who?

where would my my wife do this please?

Certification just means that it should have the wife's wet signature.