Official Apple Store at ICONSIAM

Ex Machina

There's now an official Apple store, owned by Apple, in ICONSIAM center in Bangkok

Was there to check it out today and very much pleased. The level of service there is similar to USA, and prices are as they should be & as promised.

I tried to get a replacement battery for my non-user-replaceable MacBook Pro 15" retina mid-2012. They had the part in stock (unheard of in Thailand in the past decade, I have to say!!). It would still take 2 days, but only because there's a loooooooong queue of repairs - one would think they will get that under control soon. 

Price is 7500 THB, labor cost is free since it's a battery upgrade, and due to - I have no idea why, it makes no sense, actually - they also replace the keyboard and top case with it (free).

I couldn't really do it as I need my computer right now while in BKK but if I arrange a rental this would be a really good deal. 

I had a 3rd party battery installed at an indepentend shop - only 3k baht all in, but the battery level dropped dramatically after 1 month and it is now worse than the old one I had replaced, after less than 1 year. I also asked at the authorized dealer in chiang mai but didn't even get around to ask for the price as they want to keep the machine for 2 weeks... 

Apple Store in the best location, there was a free GarageBand workshop with big screen going on, pleasant design which is several grades above the copycat Apple shops and Mi / Samsung / etc. Genius bar and easily the best service for Apple products in Thailand. It's a new era!

IMG_7882.thumb.jpg.b1c6fb980d9d5f229995ad10c6d3b2fb.jpgSorry for the size of these files... 

IMG_7883.thumb.jpg.f41c8ee1f65264925bbecb0bc98824b4.jpg

IMG_7884.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/16/2019 at 9:42 PM, wreckingcountry said:

Better to pay 7500 with all the extras and you know it reliable, than pay 3000 with usually no more than a 3 month warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Couldn't agree more.

I did order the battery there, part arrived within 2 days (they said 7-14 days...)... then they fixed it within 2 days.

It's cool. IT's 7500 baht but i got a brand new keyboard and lower chassis (except the bottom plate)

And they fixed my broken speakers for 700 Baht! I had been quoted 2500 from an independent shop before, and the procedure to replace these is crazy, you basically have to take the entire thing apart, display off, etc. So this was another good thing.

Couldn't be happier with the service.

7500 is fair it's basically the price it was promised at the time of purchase - $200. The THB has gone up since so it's more than $200 - but that's not Apple's fault.

On 9/17/2019 at 2:49 PM, Sambora said:

Does anybody know when the new Apple Store @Central World will be opened? I like the IconSiam one but it is still quite a journey to get there.

Words are saying Dec 21-23 but the works that I see now from the outside doesn't look like it could be completed in time. 

But who knows. Magic does happen.

• 1 month later...

Is it packed every day? I only tried going once, on a Saturday, and there was a line nearly a hundred deep, with probably close to that number also in the store.

I want to buy a iPhone and iPad, and I'm wondering if it's just as easy to go to the iStudio authorized retailer at Paragon or something?

Archived