Jump to content
BANGKOK
Andrew Dwyer

Today’s 90 day report ( with a TM 30 enquiry )

Recommended Posts

It goes without saying that the last thing we need is another TM 30 thread but here’s one anyway !!

Just some feedback regarding TM 30 enforcement at Ayutthaya IO.

 

I have a TM 30 receipt stapled in my passport dated Sept 2017 but my gf and myself both think another TM 30 was done on my last extension Sept 2018 and no receipt was given.

 

Anyhoo, today I went to do a 90 day report and went armed with the goods to do a TM 30 if necessary ( gf’s id, tabian baan and her as my landlord ).

 

Upon entry to Ayutthaya IO there is a desk in the lobby that usually checks your docs before obtaining a number.

Today the IO was dealing with, what looked like, an agent, IO was busy writing receipts ( approx 20 ) from numerous passports of different nationalities. There was a pile of TM 47’s with the passports and the agent had a wad of 1000 baht notes in her hand, the desk was surrounded by presumably the passport owners , an Indian, several Vietnamese and others of indeterminate nationality.

My gf thought they were being fined for not doing a TM 30 ever.

 

IO took my passport and copies inside the main room and returned to continue with the receipts, normally I would take a number and go inside but today told me to wait.

I prompted the gf to enquire about TM 30 enforcement, he stated, “ every time you come back to Thailand or everytime you stay in a hotel you have to come here for TM 30 “

As my passport clearly showed 3 re-entries in the last year i was expecting to be requested to do another TM 30 ( with or without a fine ) but no and I didn’t push it either

 

My next extension is in 35 days so i will be prepared again to submit a TM 30 and pay a fine if necessary.

 

My conclusion:

Although the IO clearly stated TM 30 is enforced everytime you re-enter or stay in a hotel that clearly didn’t happen today and they missed an opportunity to fine my gf. It appears a one time TM 30 is sufficient for them , they are quite a laid back Immigration Office and probably don’t want the extra paperwork.

 

With this out of the ordinary 90 day report I completely forgot to ask about TM 30 online, although as Ayutthaya don’t even do 90 days online it seems unlikely that they will.

( I have registered for TM 30 online 20 days ago but although I received the email confirmation, no sign of username

/password ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They didn't waste time going online to the TM30 database to see if your last TM6 entry date coincided with your last TM30; instead, they just noted you had a TM30 receipt stapled to your passport -- good enuf on busy days. But, for an extension, after all the stamping and payment, when they then take your passport and supporting documents for further review -- I imagine an online check on your TM30 status is made...... Thus, recommend you get the TM30 updated prior to extension renewal.

Yes, I suspect you are correct, on extension they will definitely scrutinise the passport deeper. 90 days , although you usually take a number, are slipped in between the other services and dealt with quickly .

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

With this out of the ordinary 90 day report I completely forgot to ask about TM 30 online, although as Ayutthaya don’t even do 90 days online it seems unlikely that they will.

Same site hotels use, so they do/will accept the TM30's online.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I filed my 90 day report this morning in Bangkok. I had a TM30 receipt with me but I didn’t hand it to the IO (it was not stapled in my passport). I was never asked about it. I asked a friend who goes to Bangkok CW every week and he confirmed that it is not required at CW if you remain at the same Bangkok address. I know it is required for my next 1 year extension.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have a TM-30 receipt stapled in my passport. Having done a couple of trips outside my province, and not reported afterwards, I also wondered if there would be questions at my next trip to Immigration. at my last 90 day report, there was no mention of it. In fact, the IO didn't even speak to me. Merely accepted my paperwork, never looked up, and handed everything back with a new 90 day report receipt.

 

Either they can't be bothered or it's not as big a deal as some people are making it.

 

My Immigration office is SamutPrakran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 1:31 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

My next extension is in 35 days so i will be prepared again to submit a TM 30 and pay a fine if necessary.

Did my 90 day reporting early last week (2 and a half hour round trip), told IO was going to another province for 48 hours and asked if I had to do this paperwork everyone was talking about, i.e. TM30, he said yes, I said but we have been out of the province 3 times for more than 24 hours this year and nobody told us that we had to report. He then opened his screen typed in a few words and said, yes I see, Phuket October, Pattaya February and Hua Hin May, it's ok, we start from today because they enforce this only a couple of months ago, so when you get back from your next trip make sure you come and do the TM30, which we did, he stabled some paperwork in my passport which shows I reported for TM30, (wife along side me as my Landlord). My wife said, we have far to travel, do we have to do this every time, yes he said, but you can download the app and apply for a password, which we did later, and are now waiting like everyone else.

 

My wife also asked him, if we would be fined for the other 3, no, I will take care of it when you do your husbands extension in January as we are required to fill in a form (tick sheet) when we submit it for approval, (marriage extension), because Bangkok check, e.g. did the Alien travel overseas or domestically and report within the prescribed time on each occasion, tick, or no tick, then fine if no tick.

 

He said they don't check at the 90 day reporting because it would be too time consuming for them, so it's to be done on the annual extension and this is what I have been hearing, i.e. people getting fined when doing their annual extension, although some slipping through, moreso on the retirement extensions because they done inhouse, and from what I am hearing, it is up to the IO ?

 

I wouldn't be eager to pay a fine, just play dumb and enquire, even beforehand, go in if you don't have to wait to long, take the girlfriend in with you and get her to ask what all this TM30 is as both of you are confused, e.g. is it a once a year thing or every time you go overseas or within Thailand, then when he tells you, oh, eh, oh, so can do we do it now for the times we have been away, and go from there, if he fines you, he's an A-hole, if he is kind, then your home free.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am heading to another province in a couple of weeks and went to my local immigration to clarify what I should report.  They stated "unless I am going out of the country and returning there is no need".  I have asked this before and they said " why do I keep asking them" in a very friendly way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS what is the Accommodation Type  on the online app ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Did my 90 day reporting early last week (2 and a half hour round trip), told IO was going to another province for 48 hours and asked if I had to do this paperwork everyone was talking about, i.e. TM30, he said yes, I said but we have been out of the province 3 times for more than 24 hours this year and nobody told us that we had to report. He then opened his screen typed in a few words and said, yes I see, Phuket October, Pattaya February and Hua Hin May, it's ok, we start from today because they enforce this only a couple of months ago, so when you get back from your next trip make sure you come and do the TM30, which we did, he stabled some paperwork in my passport which shows I reported for TM30, (wife along side me as my Landlord). My wife said, we have far to travel, do we have to do this every time, yes he said, but you can download the app and apply for a password, which we did later, and are now waiting like everyone else.

 

My wife also asked him, if we would be fined for the other 3, no, I will take care of it when you do your husbands extension in January as we are required to fill in a form (tick sheet) when we submit it for approval, (marriage extension), because Bangkok check, e.g. did the Alien travel overseas or domestically and report within the prescribed time on each occasion, tick, or no tick, then fine if no tick.

 

He said they don't check at the 90 day reporting because it would be too time consuming for them, so it's to be done on the annual extension and this is what I have been hearing, i.e. people getting fined when doing their annual extension, although some slipping through, moreso on the retirement extensions because they done inhouse, and from what I am hearing, it is up to the IO ?

 

I wouldn't be eager to pay a fine, just play dumb and enquire, even beforehand, go in if you don't have to wait to long, take the girlfriend in with you and get her to ask what all this TM30 is as both of you are confused, e.g. is it a once a year thing or every time you go overseas or within Thailand, then when he tells you, oh, eh, oh, so can do we do it now for the times we have been away, and go from there, if he fines you, he's an A-hole, if he is kind, then your home free.

I last entered the country (26th of March) a day after this law started to be enforced (25th March, I think). There would be no record of me leaving Bangkok after these dates. I now have my username and password. I'm going to stay in a hotel outside of Bangkok next week. I'll make sure they do my TM30 there and I'll do it when I return home.

 

I wonder if they will accept this TM30 when I do my extension, or will I be expected to pay the fine for previous times? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I last entered the country (26th of March) a day after this law started to be enforced (25th March, I think). There would be no record of me leaving Bangkok after these dates. I now have my username and password. I'm going to stay in a hotel outside of Bangkok next week. I'll make sure they do my TM30 there and I'll do it when I return home.

 

I wonder if they will accept this TM30 when I do my extension, or will I be expected to pay the fine for previous times? 

I would think that if you did the TM30 online with your username and password, they won't bother you as it will show that you have complied, e.g. after 25th March, if they fine you, they are low life's, but they have to give everyone a fair go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, krobert6 said:

I am heading to another province in a couple of weeks and went to my local immigration to clarify what I should report.  They stated "unless I am going out of the country and returning there is no need".  I have asked this before and they said " why do I keep asking them" in a very friendly way.

 

From what I am hearing, i some IO's aren't enforcing the domestic side of things for the TM30, if I was you, I would download the app or do it online, because if tomorrow things change, you could get caught in the middle and have to pay the fine with no leg to stand on.

 

Not sure about accommodation type, could be hotel, house or something like that, but best get it from someone who has completed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, krobert6 said:

PS what is the Accommodation Type  on the online app ?

 

they are pull down menus, pick the one that suits, house/condo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay , sounds like if you have never done a TM 30 or , like me, have had a couple of trips since you last got one they will not pick it up at 90 days report but are more than likely to bring it up at your next extension .

 

4MyEgo’s post ( #8 ) confirms this, thanks.

 

I have registered for online reporting and best case scenario is I get the username and password before my next extension ( 25th Sept ) and submit a report.

Failing this I will make another trip to IO before next extension to purely submit an updated TM30, my last entry was 7th March 2019, to avoid any issues on extension.

 

My IO is ten minutes away and has few visitors so is not a big deal ,obviously for some of you it’s a long round trip or the IO is packed and I genuinely feel for you, in which case, depending on how often you travel it might be better to take the hit on extension and pay the fine.

 

The key to a more satisfactory solution is the online/app reporting and for many of us waiting for the password is the problem, maybe a visit to your local IO ( or a phone call ) will move the process along ??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...