Receiving mail from America in Udon

flyingsaucersarereal

Hi there I am new to Udon and would like some advice on the safest ways to receive mail.

I live in a rented house in Udon and am wondering is it best to have mail sent from America directly to my house or should I setup a PO BOX to receive the mail.

When I lived in Pattaya I had a PO box and it seemed to work fine. Should I bother with a PO BOX and if so where are they located?

Thanks!

PO Box every time - I had mail missing fairly regularly, then someone suggested a PO box (500 baht a year) and nothing has ever gone missing since. Usually flown into Bkk then straight to the main town post office into your box - no chance to get lost going through the various towns and hands on its way to your house.

They are usually held at your main post office branch but they are popular and the first branch we went to had ONE left out of 200 - others were sold out so you have to wait for someone to vacate.

I use Thai Postal Service to both send and receive mail from my rental home in Udon with confidence...

If you go to the post office to mail to your home country...you may be asked for your passport...same thing if you go there to pick up a package mailed to you...

May take weeks for mail to reach it's destination...????

Archived