Thai Retirement Visa Changes again in Chon Buri

22 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

No, extending you permission to stay in Thailand doesn't reset the 90 day report cycle, you are required to report 90 days after you entered the country or 90 days after your last report.

Visiting Immigration to extend your stay isn't classed as a report.

Even so and as I mentioned in another post, 90 days from yesterday when I did my 90 day report, is November 24 or 25 if you don't count yesterday as the first day.
So why are they asking me to do the 90 day on the 17th?

16 minutes ago, kellio said:

Even so and as I mentioned in another post, 90 days from yesterday when I did my 90 day report, is November 24 or 25 if you don't count yesterday as the first day.

Because they do count yesterday as day one, so the 17th November is day 90, that's a Sunday so you could do it the day after, or up to two weeks before.

You may find this application helpful in the future

Calc90Day.exe

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kellio said:

I understand what you're saying but 90 days from yesterday, is November 24, not 17.

Actually used google which says 90 days from yesterday, August 20, is November 18.  August and October have 31 days.  So IO made a 0ne day mistake. 

90 days from August 26 is November 24 (get a calendar or use google...today is August 21) 

Edited by Skallywag

9 hours ago, kellio said:

I was told that I now have to report to Immigration each time I come back.

it's hard to swallow because we return with a re-entry permit, thus IMO at the airport or land crossing should report that we are back or their on-line systems are not linked, it just doesn't make sense

10 hours ago, kellio said:

However, upon arrival at the front desk at the Chin Buri office yesterday, I was told that I now have to report to Immigration each time I come back.

I think you will find the front desk is quoting the law, extension desk still doesn't ask for proof of tm30.

10 hours ago, kellio said:

He then told me that after I get my new retirement visa on or before November 7, I have to come back on the 17th of November, to verify my place of residence.

verify residence is your normal 90 day report, irrespective of an extension renewal in between. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kellio said:

What difference does all this calendar counting matter? You can file a 90 day report 15 days before and up to 7 days after the due date on your receipt. Just go early and within the 3 week time window.

• Like 1