Chiang Mai German Microbrewery back open

DrPhibes

Wife out of town so had to go shopping heading to Big C near the Index Living Mall around lunchtime.  I take the road behind it so I don't have to deal with the Super Highway and cruise for somewhere to eat before shopping when I ran across the Chiang Mai German Microbrewery.  Google showed me it had closed (as in permanently) in 2015 but there were new signs on it so I went in.  It has indeed reopened since about Feb 2019.  Had been closed due to legal stockholder problems that have now been resolved (so I was told).  Ended up having a liter of Weizen Bock (not cheap but tasty) and Schnitzel (yummy!).   Will go back again for the pork knuckle (supposedly their special).  They will have an Octoberfest custom brew starting around the end of Sept and owner wants to live stream Ocktoberfest from Germany during that time.  I guess this is the only real microbrewery in North Thailand and coming from Fort Collins, CO and all their microbreweries, this was refreshing.  Will be treat myself to a fresh liter every once in a while ????

A huge place that has very few Falang customers which is a shame as the beer is excellent but IMO the food is mediocre at best. During the week nights the place is basically deserted but on the weekend it livens up albeit with mostly Thais. Their location is also an issue as without GPS you can get lost as it's way in the back of the Chiang Mai Business Park.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Wife out of town so had to go shopping heading to Big C near the Index Living Mall around lunchtime.  I take the road behind it so I don't have to deal with the Super Highway and cruise for somewhere to eat before shopping when I ran across the Chiang Mai German Microbrewery.  Google showed me it had closed (as in permanently) in 2015 but there were new signs on it so I went in.  It has indeed reopened since about Feb 2019.  Had been closed due to legal stockholder problems that have now been resolved (so I was told).  Ended up having a liter of Weizen Bock (not cheap but tasty) and Schnitzel (yummy!).   Will go back again for the pork knuckle (supposedly their special).  They will have an Octoberfest custom brew starting around the end of Sept and owner wants to live stream Ocktoberfest from Germany during that time.  I guess this is the only real microbrewery in North Thailand and coming from Fort Collins, CO and all their microbreweries, this was refreshing.  Will be treat myself to a fresh liter every once in a while [emoji6]

There’s not a lot of microbreweries, but there is an emerging craft beer market, homebrewers, and enthusiasts. The main brewer at underdog is a homebrewer. Check out MIND villa, Grumpy Old Men, Craftruptuon, I hate Mondays, and Yellow Pug for craft beer, some Thai, all imported.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...

Archived