Famous US singer/actor John Legend causes quite a stir at Korat market

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Ha,  really that's extremely debatable.

Wrong side of the bed this morning? You seem to really have it in for this guy. Did he somehow shatter your dreams? Very few artists will ever be known 200 years later. It does not mean that they have no talent or that they do not entertain people.

Changed his surname to Legend.

Married a Thai beauty queen

Hired a minder in a blue check shirt to watch his back.

Brave enough to eat fried grasshopper in a Korat market.

Has his own Wikipedia page.

Well done Sir.  I don't think I will be remembered in 200 years either.

32 minutes ago, Chazar said:

gasp!!!!!!!! not "views"  oh  my  god  and did 1.5  billion go out and PAY money for it? 

Over 8 million albums sold world wide and a Grammy in there somewhere, but Thai visa has never heard of him. 

What are the chances? 

46 minutes ago, Chazar said:

gasp!!!!!!!! not "views"  oh  my  god  and did 1.5  billion go out and PAY money for it? 

If you have 1 billion views on YouTube and you have adverts attach you would make a million US$.

He's an EGOT. 

Only 15 people have won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and a Tony.

Not surprising the old farts living in the deep north and way in the past, haven't heard of him.

Rooster summed it up. If it had been about Vera Lynn they would know all about her and have stories about meeting her.

9 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

He's an EGOT. 

Only 15 people have won an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and a Tony.

Not surprising the old farts living in the deep north and way in the past, haven't heard of him.

Rooster summed it up. If it had been about Vera Lynn they would know all about her and have stories about meeting her.

Maybe something to do with genre as well. 

2 hours ago, nev said:

One of my favourites by him.

Oh and by the way it has had 1.5 billion views and some on here laughing at him and saying his wife is more famous lmfao.

Really nice song - most requested at weddings in US and UK in 2018 apparently .... and a Karaoke classic in Thailand.

Here's another account of their Thai visit and eating adventures...

https://www.usmagazine.com/food/pictures/everything-chrissy-teigen-and-family-have-eaten-on-thailand-trip-photos/a-cricket-for-john/

PS - You guys are spending all your time talking about whether or not you know who Legend is...

But for my tastes, I'd rather be talking about Teigen, who's said to be age 33 now.... I had no idea previously that she was a leuk kreung..... But from the OP video, it certainly looks as though she's been breast feeding their 15 month old son....

https://www.all4women.co.za/1323595/entertainment/celebrity-gossip/chrissy-teigen-topens-thai-heritage

I'm not a John Legend fan, but crikey, the ignorance of some people on here is incredible. The 1.5bn views, with an average of US$3k per million views paid by You Tube, would have netted him ~US$4.5m.... from one song..... on one platform. Nevermind his other songs, albums, streaming royalties, concerts, and merchandising etc.

So while he might not be remembered in another century or two like Mozart of Bach, I'd imagine he's been more successful in this lifetime than anyone posting here. Insecure much?

2 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

Hardly a shock people on here don't know him.

It is the "virtual retirement home", where ignorance of any ephemeral, popular culture that is less than 40 years old (and not part of an individuals departed youth) is worn as a badge of pride.

Mozart died in poverty, less popular and not as as highly regarded as he had been.

His fame subsequently far surpassed, during the 19th century, by that of the God Beethoven.

And many today would not think so highly of Mozart but for the success of the cinematic entertainment "Amadeus".

Itself a pale substitute for the original theatrical production that I saw during its first run at the National........."which was nice".

Amadeus (play) - Wikipedia

"And on the pedestal these words appear:

My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away."

Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley

2 hours ago, Katipo said:

I'm not a John Legend fan, but crikey, the ignorance of some people on here is incredible. The 1.5bn views, with an average of US$3k per million views paid by You Tube, would have netted him ~US$4.5m.... from one song..... on one platform. Nevermind his other songs, albums, streaming royalties, concerts, and merchandising etc.

So while he might not be remembered in another century or two like Mozart of Bach, I'd imagine he's been more successful in this lifetime than anyone posting here. Insecure much?

its a maximum of $1000 for 1 million views, and not for everybody...

Archived