Filters on a Toyota.

fredob43

Have just come back from my local Toyo garage. Had the 30th service. 

That included the fuel filer clean and check. Have put a snap in of condition of Fuel filter. A heads up if anyone thinks they go on forever your dreaming. You might get 50th from one but that's about it.

Also put in a snap of A/C filter that was cleaned 5th km ago.

Both have been changed.

IMGP0001 (2).JPG

IMGP0002 (3).JPG

The ac filter contamination is a result of the environment (during burning season?) where the vehicle has been used. Can only wonder of the cause of the tear. Was the air filter in the same condition?

Trump had a noun/pronoun for areas with such environments.

Fuel filter contaminate appears to be water. Try changing your gas station.

That ac filter can't be right?

I check mine about every 2 months and feel like i am a bit ocd cleaning it when there is a bit of fluff in it.

I left one in my old vigo for about 20k and it never looked even close to that i reckon they swept the floor with it then stuck a screwdriver through it !

Fuel filter i can understand.

18 hours ago, kwak250 said:

That ac filter can't be right?

I check mine about every 2 months and feel like i am a bit ocd cleaning it when there is a bit of fluff in it.

I left one in my old vigo for about 20k and it never looked even close to that i reckon they swept the floor with it then stuck a screwdriver through it !

Fuel filter i can understand.

I think the reason my A/C filter was a tad dirty was I had done a few trips to BKK. Normally it's very clean. The rip in it was caused by me when they took the filter out and my finger went through it as I lobbed it in the bin, it was that buggered. As stated it was cleaned 5th km ago as I have my lump serviced at 5th intervals and not the 10 recommended. Normally change it for new one every 10th or so, Max 15th.

18 hours ago, alacrity said:

The ac filter contamination is a result of the environment (during burning season?) where the vehicle has been used. Can only wonder of the cause of the tear. Was the air filter in the same condition?

Trump had a noun/pronoun for areas with such environments.

Fuel filter contaminate appears to be water. Try changing your gas station.

Not a trace of water in the filter. That's one of the reasons to clean and check at 30th intervals. It was just dirt from fuel.

As above post I have used it in BKK a few times so more than likely the reason for the dirt in A/C filter.

It's even worse if I go to Pattaya.

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Not a trace of water in the filter. That's one of the reasons to clean and check at 30th intervals. It was just dirt from fuel. As above post I have used it in BKK a few times so more than likely the reason for the dirt.

Your dashboard will tell you if there is water in the filter housing..Water settles below the filter..

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Your dashboard will tell you if there is water in the filter housing..Water settles below the filter..

Dash light will only come on when it's at a certain level.

If anyone cares to look in the service Book, it will tell you it should be cleaned and checked at 30th KM, regardless of any light showing up. Of cause no <deleted> does because they know better than Toyota or other makes.

Bit like a few post ago when I stated that the Auto gear box should have an oil change at 40th KM. Lots said 100th was ok. Best of luck is all I can say.

1 minute ago, fredob43 said:

Dash light will only come on when it's at a certain level.

If anyone cares to look in the service Book, it will tell you it should be cleaned and checked at 30th KM, regardless of any light showing up. Of cause no <deleted> does because they know better than Toyota or other makes.

Bit like a few post ago when I stated that the Auto gear box should have an oil change at 40th KM. Lots said 100th was ok. Best of luck is all I can say.

And that "certain" level is below the filter....

4 minutes ago, transam said:

And that "certain" level is below the filter....

If you care to look (More than Likely not) you would have seen that the filter had NO water in it not a drop. Whatever it was time to check it. Other wise one could have ended up like you did on your Vigo with a buggered/clogged fuel filter.

8 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

If you care to look (More than Likely not) you would have seen that the filter had NO water in it not a drop. Whatever it was time to check it. Other wise one could have ended up like you did on your Vigo with a buggered/clogged fuel filter.

My Vigo filter housing never had water in it. My Vigo had one filter change in 11+ years with 135.000km on the clock when I sold it..

A clogged fuel or air filter will be noticed under your foot, I never had any problems under my foot, the filter is engineered to get very dirty before the engine notices anything...

5 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Not a trace of water in the filter. That's one of the reasons to clean and check at 30th intervals. It was just dirt from fuel.

As above post I have used it in BKK a few times so more than likely the reason for the dirt in A/C filter.

Dirt doesn't emulsify. But water and [refined] oils do.

You also commented that your earlier Toyota suffered problems after 30,000 km for the same problem. Rarely seen that level of contamination outside a check weigh failure. Even on 40-50 year old road vehicles.

Changing your local gas station would be a good idea.

What caused the hole in your a.c. filter?

4 hours ago, alacrity said:

Dirt doesn't emulsify. But water and [refined] oils do.

You also commented that your earlier Toyota suffered problems after 30,000 km for the same problem. Rarely seen that level of contamination outside a check weigh failure. Even on 40-50 year old road vehicles.

Changing your local gas station would be a good idea.

What caused the hole in your a.c. filter?

My filter on my last Tuner was Black. Might have been caused by a few things. I had had the engine race tuned so it used a lot more fuel. It also only had a 4 speed auto box so revved a lot more than the new one. Not going to mention the fact that was before the cameras so I went a lot faster. Oh I have. I also put in whatever diesel I could get my hands on. This one has only ever had premium fuel from new. Even then it was as it was in my snap.

There was not any emulsification on the filter it was just wet diesel. If your referring to the white bit on the left that was a plastic seal that they have put on over the join. That is also on the new one.

I did answer the hole in A/C filter, in Post 6 that I had put my finger through it as I stuck it in the bin. 

Re changing fuel garages. I have use several different ones, all over Thailand as long as they sell premium diesel. 

Just took my 7 yr old Vigo for 180,000 km service, all OK.

Next day when I turned the a/c fan control to faster, a loud humming noise could be heard.

Back to Toyota, who opened the glove box, looked into the a/c filter and pulled out a (dead) sparrow. Oooh err!

11 hours ago, transam said:

Dirt in a filter is usually from a garage mother tank, water could be the same but mainly onboard tank condensation, it gets burned off in most cases. 

Depends on the gas station and their supplier. Water is pretty much always present in fuels mostly because of condensation somewhere in the delivery/storage process (which includes the vehicle fuel tank).

Low Sulphur fuels are more prone to water contamination and I read (somewhere) that the Revo Toyota motor requirements were pretty stringent in regard to low sulphur content.

Perhaps there's a gremlin lurking.

On 8/22/2019 at 5:42 PM, fredob43 said:

This one has only ever had premium fuel from new.

I've rented a few Fortuners and done a lot of mileage in them, and when filling up I've only ever seen one type of diesel pump.  What stations have premium diesel ?

6 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

I've rented a few Fortuners and done a lot of mileage in them, and when filling up I've only ever seen one type of diesel pump.  What stations have premium diesel ?

Ptt/Shell + there some others. The PTT ones have a white sign outside on their display board with premium on it and the Shell have V power. They also do the same for petrol at some garages.

Would suggest if your renting them just stick any fuel you can get as it's cheaper. 

N/B some of their small/old garages don't sell premium.

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Would suggest if your renting them just stick any fuel you can get as it's cheaper. 

Yes absolutely, but we own one now ????

1 hour ago, alan grice said:

He does go on Like an old woman sometimes.!. emoji86.pngemoji481.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I wasn't going to reply to your yet again stupid post. But as you don't seem to stop ACE OF POPS. Or should I refer to you as Halapupa no Brain. Thought you had got bared twice before??? But I see that you have sneaked back yet again.

Little tip When you try and come back next time don't put the same old post you put on before, as it will catch you out. Have a nice day.

Can someone explain what this Gentleman is talking about .?..His posts about a fuel filter is beyond me . A service on Truck is Boredom Personified . Delusions of importance are not my agenda just happy banter.????[emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived