BANGKOK
webfact

GLO launches two lottery apps to prevent overpriced tickets

GLO launches two apps to prevent overpriced tickets

By The Nation

800_fdbdbf6be465488.jpg

Boonsong Chanthreesi

The Government Lottery Office have launched two apps for checking real lottery buyers and for reporting overpricing as a measure to prevent overcharging for lottery tickets.

Boonsong Chanthreesi, director of the GLO, said the office has launched My GLO app for lottery vendors to download and GLO lottery app for buyers to use.

Boonsong said lottery vendors must use My GLO app to identify themselves by specifying their names and their location of sale as well as sale quantity, so that they GLO would learn the real identities of lottery vendors.

Boonsong said the GLO would gather the data from the My GLO app for three months or until October or November as they check on the authenticity of vendors. He said those who have bought lottery tickets for reselling to other vendors would see their quota terminated.

On the other hand, buyers would be able to use the GLO lottery app to report vendors who sell the tickets at prices higher than their face value of Bt80. The app can also be used to check whether their tickets had won a prize.

Boonsong said the reports by buyers of outlets selling overpriced tickets would be used to terminate the ticket purchasing quotas of vendors.

Boonsong said the GLO had printed 100 million tickets in advance of two lots – the August 1 and August 16 draws – as a measure to prevent overpriced lottery tickets.

He said the measure was quite successful as most vendors were found to sell at the face-value price of Bt80. He said only those tickets with the end two digits of “22” were found to be overpriced as buyers speculated the two digits would win the two-digit price.

Boonsong added that the 100 million ticket printing was done based on the reservation data of vendors. He added if vendors do not reserve up to 100 million tickets, the GLO would instead just print 80 million tickets.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30375116

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-21

Here's an idea...……….....an underground lottery!

• Haha 2

Whether the app works or not will be down to sheer... well... luck in true lottery spirit.

• Like 1

I hope it works; I still get charged 100b. Here's the kicker: I actually tip them the 20b when I am sold the ticket for 80b.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

They have sunk HUGE resources into making sure lottery tickets sell for 80 baht and not 100 baht.....Is this really a critical issue?....Who bloody cares really.....If you have 80 baht to blow on lottery tickets then you sure have 100 baht.....That extra 20 baht makes a big difference to the ticket sellers.....I always pay 100 baht... 

Edited by fforest1

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

as most vendors were found to sell at the face-value price of Bt80. He said only those tickets with the end two digits of “22” were found to be overpriced as buyers speculated the two digits would win the two-digit price

Two little ducks to use Bingo parlance .. What is the particular want for these .? 

Bring on the power ball lotto,

jackpots and division prizes 

more winners, more grinners,

more spent on charities from the pot,

many orphanages and organisations could use the extra money,

I am happy to play if I know part of the overall pot goes to benefit

those type of charities.

26 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

For <deleted> sake, if you're really worried about overpriced tickets have lottery terminals where people can purchase the numbers they want at a truly fixed price.

Oh no, we need apps that don’t work and government money wasted on it. Take your logic and be on the next plane out, that garbage doesn’t belong here.

Just now, dcnx said:

Oh no, we need apps that don’t work and government money wasted on it. Take your logic and be on the next plane out, that garbage doesn’t belong here.

I'll get my coat.

Hopefully it will work a little better than the 90 day reporting and TM30 app, but then again who cares...........

Lol !!! And the seller will just say sorry no have battery on my phone or phone broken today sorry !!

The only way they can stop overpricing is online lottery tickets !