Marriage O visa in Savannakhet - 1-year multiple-entry available?

7 minutes ago, rekordmeister said:

This rule obviosly started 15th of July; so they cannot help me with my visa because i dont have any bank account in Thailand and i want a Multiple Entry NonO. Are these informations of the agency correct or wrong? 

It seems the agency gave you false info or info that only benefited them.

All you have to do is read a few posts in this topic to know that the 400k baht is not needed to apply for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rekordmeister, I just successfully received my O marriage visa this week.

I had US bank statements and my Bangkok Bank passbook ready. They didn't want any of those.

The Thai consulate at Savannakhet does not care at all about anything related to your financial status if you're applying for a marriage visa.

A visa agency I talked to in Chiang Mai also gave me false information, telling me that only a single-entry visa would be available if I were to apply without them, but that they can provide a multiple-entry one for me if I pay the agency 25,000 baht. Not true.

You do not need an agency for this. Ubonjoe would know right away if anything were to change at Savannakhet.

On 8/22/2019 at 6:56 AM, CelticTam said:

I obtained a Non-O visa based on marriage to a Thai in July - absolutely no problems. Do not apply on a Monday or a thursday due to the visa run packages. No request for bank details. Documents required:

1. Visa application form duly completed and 5,000 Baht.

2. 2 x Passport photos.

3.A. A valid passport.

3.B. A copy of your main passport page which you should sign.

4. Original marriage certificate which they will return immediately on application.

5. Copy of marriage certificate - I and my wife countersign on the back of the copy.

6. Copy of the wife's house book which she signs in Thai.

7. Copy of the wife's Thai ID which she signs in Thai.

In addition, I always include a copy of the wife's passport page which she signs in Thai.

No request for proof of funds.

I turned up 10 minutes before the gate closed thus missing the early morning rush. Next afternoon I turned up approx 2.30 p.m. no one else around.

Staff were friendly and cooperative.

There is a copy shop across from the consulate just in case.

Also, the consulate is within walking distance of the town with several hotels. On receiving your passport with visa, you can walk back to the bus station to catch the bus to travel back to Mukdahan, if required.

Best of luck. 

Marriage certificate. Can anyone tell me if this has to be a Thai marriage certificate or do they accept a UK marriage certificate ? Much appreciated,

4 hours ago, roamer said:

Marriage certificate. Can anyone tell me if this has to be a Thai marriage certificate or do they accept a UK marriage certificate ? Much appreciated,

If you got married outside of Thailand you have to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires to apply for a one year extension of stay.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you got married outside of Thailand you have to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires to apply for a one year extension of stay.

Thanks Joe, now I'll look for a thread on doing that. No doubt by the time I arrive in early November both HCMC and Savannakhet will have gone on line????.

16 minutes ago, roamer said:

Thanks Joe, now I'll look for a thread on doing that. No doubt by the time I arrive in early November both HCMC and Savannakhet will have gone on line????.

There have been several topics about it on the Marriage and divorce forum.

You need to read this about getting your marriage certificate legalized in the UK.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/714089/Legalisation_info_June_2018.pdf

• Like 1

20 hours ago, roamer said:

Make sure when you get it legalized in the UK to have it posted to a UK family member(In a self addressed envelope) from the Thai Embassy London once its stamped at their office because they won't forward it to you in Thailand via courier. Then get UK family member to forward it to you. (I had to call them several times in the end one of their staff brought it over on the plane and posted it by EMS!) 

Then you need to get it translated and certified at the MOFA in Bangkok.... I remember that was a nightmare, used one of the translators in there who managed to translate my age wrong because they couldn't read the handwriting. (check everything) It still got stamped and approved - nightmare over.

Oh and when you register your UK marriage at the local amphoe they may ask to keep your original UK certificate and insist on giving you a certified copy... I didn't like this one bit. I went back to the amphoe a couple of months later and got the weekend staff to recover my original and made them keep the copies

Mine now UK marriage certificate with technicolor stamps was now approved in Savannakhet 

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2019 at 1:26 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can still get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet without any financial proof.

Many recent reports about it.

Certainly no agent is needed.

Is this currently still true for parent of a Thai child (on birth cert)? 

I was under the impression single entry was the only possible option. 

Also to clarify: 

Requirements are birth cert original plus copies

Mothers ID and or passport copy

Childs ID and or passport copy

House book copy (need this be signed?) 

Ah, I see marriage visa, sorry, misread, but other questions still stand

Edited by metempsychotic

24 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Mothers ID and or passport copy

Childs ID and or passport copy

House book copy (need this be signed?) 

Passport copies are not required for the mother or child.

Child may not have a ID card if under 7. Only a copy of their house book registry is is required and it can be signed by you.

Mothers ID card and house book registry signed by her are not normally asked for. Good to have with you if possible just incase asked for them.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Passport copies are not required for the mother or child.

Child may not have a ID card if under 7. Only a copy of their house book registry is is required and it can be signed by you.

Mothers ID card and house book registry signed by her are not normally asked for. Good to have with you if possible just incase asked for them.

as ever, thank you.