Driving lessons manual car

Kaalle

Looking for a driving school that offer this. I want to get some driving experience for the purpose of getting a license in my home country, which is a lengthy process so thought u would get a leg up by learning how to handle the car atleast. 

1 hour ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Most countries don't have separate driving licenses for manual vs automatic cars.

Does your country have separate licenses for manual vs automatic?

It does yes, but my thinking was its a good idea to learn how to drive manual, since thats the licence i will be getting. The cars available to me when i have the license are all manual. But maybe learning automatic and then switching to stick is fine? My understanding was its a pretty big difference. Thanks for your reply!

15 minutes ago, Kaalle said:

It does yes, but my thinking was its a good idea to learn how to drive manual, since thats the licence i will be getting. The cars available to me when i have the license are all manual. But maybe learning automatic and then switching to stick is fine? My understanding was its a pretty big difference. Thanks for your reply!

Its easy to go from driving a manual to driving an auto.

Going from auto to manual is not so easy.

Dont be overly worried about learning a manual because eventually you dont even think about it. It just becomes reflex.

Anyway good luck.

Its easy to go from driving a manual to driving an auto.
Going from auto to manual is not so easy.
Dont be overly worried about learning a manual because eventually you dont even think about it. It just becomes reflex.
Anyway good luck.
Yes so thats why im lookin for a school that teaches manual :) Or am I understanding you wrong?

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Aren't a lot of manuals out there anymore.

A new 911 with an auto tranny will beat a manual 911 any time. Or anything else. Except a Hellcat. 

Yes but a manual Hilux v's an auto Hilux would be a different result.

One learns to "drive" in a manual transmission, control speed, breaking, fuel consumption, , you can also  understand and hear the engine reactions

Auto transmission, is merely learning to steer a car, big difference.

Learn defensive driving as well at the beginning, although I doubt you will find that skill easily in Thailand.

18 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Most countries don't have separate driving licenses for manual vs automatic cars.

Does your country have separate licenses for manual vs automatic?

UK does, you cannot drive a manual with an auto license, but you can drive an auto with a manual license...

@Kaalle Many, if not most driving schools, offer a choice of vehicles. My girlfriend hated me when I chose that she learned to drive in a manual transmission pick-up.... My choice as I was paying! She passed the test easily come the day, and has gone on to become a reasonably competent driver (after several years of riding motorcycles, on which she was never confident). 

[mention=217373]Kaalle[/mention] Many, if not most driving schools, offer a choice of vehicles. My girlfriend hated me when I chose that she learned to drive in a manual transmission pick-up.... My choice as I was paying! She passed the test easily come the day, and has gone on to become a reasonably competent driver (after several years of riding motorcycles, on which she was never confident). 
I checked two that didn't. But that's good news.

both my son and my wife drive manual cars ,as do i , have driven automatics around London when i worked around there ,but to be honest ,manual far far better ,and not so costly to repair , but seems here In Thailand they have gone the lazy American route auto . .

44 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

both my son and my wife drive manual cars ,as do i , have driven automatics around London when i worked around there ,but to be honest ,manual far far better ,and not so costly to repair , but seems here In Thailand they have gone the lazy American route auto . .

It seems you never drove a real good automatic in a good car to come up with your statement.

Archived