Buddhachinaraj hospital opens cannabis clinic

webfact

Buddhachinaraj hospital opens cannabis clinic 

By The Nation

800_b2894bb7ac25de5.jpg

The Buddhachinaraj Phitsanulok Hospital debuted its cannabis oil clinic today (August 21) after receiving 315 bottles of THC-based cannabis oil from the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation.

The cannabis oil clinic was formally opened at 9am in the presence of Phitsanulok chief public health officer Dr Piya Sirilak, Dr Wisit Sathianwanthanee, deputy director of the hospital, and the clinic’s Dr Kanoknan Inthaptim. 

The Buddhachinaraj hospital is among 12 hospitals around the country to be given the green light to open cannabis oil clinics in a pilot project. The clinic is located on the ground floor of the outpatient building of the hospital.

Several people dropped by to enquire about the regulations for the prescription of cannabis oil.

Piya said the Buddhachinaraj hospital was selected as one of 12 hospitals with a cannabis oil clinic because its personnel have received training. He said the first lot of 315 bottles of the oil had already been delivered to the hospital and the hospital has prepared guidelines for administering the oil.

Piya said patients could not ask for the oil right away but they must first see doctors who will decide on a case-by-case basis whether to prescribe it for them.

Kanoknan stressed that patients must consult a doctor who would give a diagnosis and decide whether the oil is suited to their needs. She added that patients with chronic epilepsy that cannot be effectively treated with medicine, with nausea caused by chemotherapy, with severe neural symptoms, with degenerative nerve diseases, under palliative care and patients in the last stage of cancer would be eligible for the oil.

The clinic is open Wednesday and Friday morning from 8.30 to noon.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30375117

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-21

Happy to see this progression in the acceptance of cannabis for its medical benefits.

My 14-year-old grandnephew has some mild conditions that CBD oil has helped with quite effectively and without the unpleasant side effects of the pharmaceutical methods they've tried. And THC has proven effective in giving people suffering certain conditions much relief, especially those undergoing chemotherapy and its related nausea/lack of appetite. so let's embrace all the potential this wonderful plant has to offer and shed the Reefer Madness attitude initiated by the US DEA as was mandated by the Duponts and other "haves"  -- those who had great financial interest in demonizing cannabis and the hemp industry.

Having sleep issues my new doctor, a young female told me to do away with my man made pills and prescribed me a medical liscence for oil. Many benefits and its natural.

i also find it bizarre that my medication- pills are legit in Canada, but they won't sell them in Thailand. 

THC Based.... whaaaa

Before they are super anti thc and only allow a little cbd now we getting proper herb? This makes literally no sense at all

Hope they just legalise it and bring coffeeshop culture to thailand man does it need it or what

21 hours ago, daoyai said:

THC based? I thought the med. oil had the THC removed... so this is the stoney stuff...?

From what I understand, for different types of conditions, it requires some experimentation to determine a proper ratio of CBD:thc, and then further fine tuning of the ratio appropriate for the specific client.  I’d be surprised if Thailand has anything like that level of sophistication - yet. 

If they really want to boost their economy and become world leaders in the ever growing acceptance of cannabis they should allow the farmers to grow it and start supplying to the world...it’s expensive to grow in hot houses , labor , electricity.

Cold climates are not conducive to growth...given the head start the Thais have, they could get back to being number one grower in the world....a cash crop, it should be treated like rice.

hopefully one day it will loaded up onto boats in 100 kilo sacks from the wharf.....the demand is there for a reasonably priced product. Thailand could claim that space, they have to move quickly though as countries like China are also keen on the trade.

bring it on, the economy needs it...both tourism and export.

5 minutes ago, namatjira said:

Thailand could claim that space, they have to move quickly though as countries like China are also keen on the trade.

I was in China 30 yrs ago and travelled to Dali west of Kunming and they were cultivating large quantities then don't know if they ever stopped or not.Won't be much of a head start as you can plant as much as you want and 6-8 months later harvest.In America and Canada and I suppose some European countries are concentrating on quality to gain market share so just starting quickly to grow it won't help for long but I might be wrong if it's a lot cheaper and not much difference in quality who knows?If it becomes legal I would prefer to grow my own as it quite an enjoyable hobby.

Archived