BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Bang Saen set for major make-over to become a town for the elderly

11 hours ago, looplaw said:

And what homeland is that?

Brixton.

On 8/22/2019 at 8:57 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Have you been to Mix, Goa, Insomnia,  808 club etc? Just 4 of dozens of clubs attended by young people. There are dozens more. Pattaya has a mixed demographic.  But with regards to this article: are they taking about foreigners or Thais?

One would assume all those with the correct visa and Thai born

14 hours ago, mikebell said:

It's full of young people/students.  Old people will struggle to make themselves heard over the roar of souped-up, exhaustless motor bikes + no police.

You can blend generations, Netherlands has successfully done it with https://theconversation.com/heres-why-some-dutch-university-students-are-living-in-nursing-homes-68253

Sunshine Coast University Qld are trialling it near one of their campuses.

We need to totally rethink and value our aged people and build community connections and support.

17 hours ago, looplaw said:

And what homeland is that?

The clue is in the word "Here".

19 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I was merely pointing out that the Urban Dictionary is outdated when it comes to the definition of "woke" - Mirriam-Webster is, for this entry, far more "woke"

Evidence?

So are they going to be shipping all the GoGo dancing grannies to this retirement city....  

On 8/23/2019 at 6:44 AM, RJRS1301 said:

You can blend generations, Netherlands has successfully done it with https://theconversation.com/heres-why-some-dutch-university-students-are-living-in-nursing-homes-68253

Sunshine Coast University Qld are trialling it near one of their campuses.

We need to totally rethink and value our aged people and build community connections and support.

I am 76 & agree blending is good. The Dutch has a police force, Bang Saen/Thailand hasn't.  I love Hanoi; another University city; it's vibrant & unthreatening to the old.

I hope they are planning kinda Walking street which will be called Wheelchair street.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:47 AM, fforest1 said:

So are they going to be shipping all the GoGo dancing grannies to this retirement city....  

who wants a go go grannie??