Thai Passports 5 or 10 years

My wife holds also Thai Passport. I have read here few weeks ago that there was a rumor that Thai passports are now issued with a 10 years duration. Is this a fact, or is the 5 years validity still in force?

Any information here would be greatly appreciated.

Was supposed to be this year but the tender for the outsourcing was delayed by a year and only took place in May 2019. The current concessionaire lost the tender and made much noise about unfairness and taking legal recourse. I guess it will take at least a year for the new one to be up and running and issuing 10 year passports, although I can’t imagine why. I hope the digits system will be better than the current system which frequently breaks down at Suvarnabhumi and fails to recognize my finger prints.

Edited by Dogmatix

3 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Was supposed to be this year but the tender for the outsourcing was delayed by a year and only took place in May 2019. The current concessionaire lost the tender and made much noise about unfairness and taking legal recourse. I guess it will take at least a year for the new one to be up and running and issuing 10 year passports, although I can’t imagine why. I hope the digits system will be better than the current system which frequently breaks down at Suvarnabhumi and fails to recognize my finger prints.

Obviously your prints on the database are filed under Dogmatix and this is what shows on record.

Ink-Print.jpg

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2019 at 5:26 PM, 55Jay said:

Horray, glad that's coming but too late for my Mrs., who, like many I'm sure, haul around expired Thai passports with US Visas in them.

Yeah Last Time My Mrs came back to the U.K With me,She had 5 Expired Thai Passports with her as her Indefinate Leave to remain Visa was in her 1st Passport......Bloody Stupid as the U.K Government wanted 250 GBP To transfer to the latest one....