Health Insurance - Cholesterol Exclusions

Lazy Sod

I applied to Aetna. Told them I had high cholesterol (controlled with statins and in normal range) and they want to exclude anything related to heart disease, stroke, vascular disease, etc. Seems excessive to me, especially considering I showed them my results from a recent exercise stress test with no signs of heart disease, recent blood test showing everything normal, etc. I even visited a cardiologist who reviewed everything and declared I show no signs of heart disease.

Question - anybody using a local insurance company which looks at the bigger picture rather than just an old blood test showing high cholesterol.

You will encounter the same with any local insurer. Some may refuse you altogether.

Try Cigna Global and April international (France not Thailand). No guarantee but these will at least give it an in depth medical review.

Work through a broker like AA, they may be able to advise furthet.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

18 hours ago, Lazy Sod said:

I had high cholesterol (controlled with statins and in normal range)

Same situation as mine. I had another strike against me in that my father died of heart disease in his 60s. Still David Shield insured me with no exclusions related to this condition for a 10% surcharge on the premium. Fair I thought.

Added: I have not made any claims to date.

Archived