BANGKOK
snoop1130

Majority of Britons say any Brexit deal should be put to referendum - poll

Just over half of Britons back any final Brexit deal or agreement being put to a referendum, a poll showed on Wednesday 

Lies! Just over half of the people polled may have said they would back it.

Mr Trump, please sir there is fake news here!

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Link to that law please? Never heard of it. have you got the right country?

On principle I try my best to avoid agreeing with you, but in this case you've got it exactly right.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bannork said:

Sure, Remain will win 100% if the choice is No Deal.

Do not worry the Brexiteers will say it is none binding...😂

• Haha 2

Polls got it very wrong before the referendum (which is why I read polls with scepticism), and I gather this poll is possibly even more unreliable than others?

Nonetheless, as our govt. and MPs have proven themselves untrustworthy - I'm inclined to agree that another referendum is probably necessary.

The options should (of course) be:

1) Accept the deal agreed between UK and EU

2) Reject the deal and leave with no deal

Why only these two options?  Because we've already had a referendum on whether to remain or leave.

• Like 2

Referendum it's a must as BS BJ is bringing UK to a disaster on a Brexit no deal !

12 hours ago, the guest said:

Not true, the majority voted to leave, end of ! Democracy must be respected, otherwise UK will become yet another Banana Republic.

Not possible. Bananas won't grow in our climate.

Mind you, with global warming/global heating/climate change/climate disruption/climate crisis/climate disaster/climate catastrophe looming, who knows?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, <deleted> dasterdly said:

Polls got it very wrong before the referendum (which is why I read polls with scepticism), and I gather this poll is possibly even more unreliable than others?

Nonetheless, as our govt. and MPs have proven themselves untrustworthy - I'm inclined to agree that another referendum is probably necessary.

Why only these two options?  Because we've already had a referendum on whether to remain or leave.

No, that's a bit 'gamey' isn't it?  The poll would be about the final deal :  accept/reject.  

What happens thereafter would be up to Parliament.  So back to square one, which is where we always land up, and always will land up when the main issue is avoided.

We either go ahead with Brexit regardless, or revoke.  There is no appetite for either, but there it is.  That's the choice!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does it matter?

It seems most UK politicians don't care what is good for the country and the majority of the UK citizens.

They do what they think is good for them and what is good for their party.

And that is obviously the case with most or all UK political parties. Disgusting!

I think that's unfortunately true in virtually every country these days.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

No, that's a bit 'gamey' isn't it?  The poll would be about the final deal :  accept/reject.  

What happens thereafter would be up to Parliament.  So back to square one, which is where we always land up, and always will land up when the main issue is avoided.

We either go ahead with Brexit regardless, or revoke.  There is no appetite for either, but there it is.  That's the choice!

As you say, if a further referendum was limited to accept/reject then it would be again "up to Parliament" - and they've proven themselves to be incapable of doing anything other than representing their own interests.....

"So back to square one, which is where we always land up, and always will land up when the main issue is avoided."

Agree entirely.  The main issue is that there was a referendum, and that the result was to leave the EU.

Hence my 'argument' re. another referendum and democratically acceptable options.  Edit - a referendum based on BRINO/remain is not at all funny....

Edited by dick dasterdly
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, <deleted> dasterdly said:

But we had a previous referendum to stay in.

The usual Brexit nonsense that because they won by a small margin it must never ever be challenged. Seems they're all <deleted>-scared of democracy really. No one must ever change their mind; and we must pretend that referendums aren't just advisory!

Any future referendum must include:

1. Leaving with no deal.

2. Leaving with the deal currently on the table, whatever that is at the time.

3. Remaining with the current UK membership deal.

Intelligent people can then reason between the 3 to decide the one that's best for the UK's future while Brexiters can cry in their beer because they didn't get their own way.

• Like 1