Indian woman arrested for holding another woman captive

snoop1130

Indian woman arrested for holding another woman captive 

By Chamnarn Jai-ua
THE NATION

800_48bd474ca0d0e7c.jpg.19f2eb4103f564e3461c9848f91bb0de.jpg

Singh listens as police read out the arrest warrant before arresting her on August 16.

Chon Buri police have arrested a woman of Indian descent for abusing a fellow Indian woman working for her as a maid for the past 16 years. 

The victim told police that she managed to flee the home of 46-year-old Geeta Singh, where she had been working as a servant with no wages since she was five. 

The 21-year-old identified herself as half-Indian-half-Thai with the name Ploy Pandey. Police raided Singh’s home on August 16 and pressed several charges against her including abduction, intimidation, enslavement and restraining the freedom of a minor. 

Police quoted Pandey as saying that she used to accompany her mother, who worked as a maid at Singh’s home in Sri Racha district, since 2003, when she was five years old.

However, when her mother wanted to leave her job, Singh insisted on keeping the daughter captive. 

Pandey told police that Singh had never paid her for the work she did at her home or at her shop in a local market, adding that she was regularly assaulted or denied food when she refused to comply with demands.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30375152

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-21

Reported racial comment and response removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Police quoted Pandey as saying that she used to accompany her mother, who worked as a maid at Singh’s home in Sri Racha district, since 2003, when she was five years old.

However, when her mother wanted to leave her job, Singh insisted on keeping the daughter captive. 

Reading this part I can't help to wonder about the girls REAL mother and if that mother ever made contact after leaving her behind at 5 years old......... ALSO.... being half-Thai, I can't help but wonder about the mother's relationship with a Thai man and if it could have been rape or consentual when she got pregnant...... The mother being a servant offers many negative possibilities which could have led to the mother abandoning the girl...... It makes me curious to know more.... But I doubt we will hear more.....

1 hour ago, Xavnel said:

Confiscate the woman's house and all property,  sell it... give the money to the Girl,  jail and deport and ban Singh.

In found to be true then this singh lady boss deserves he worst Thai law can dish out to her and pls also investigate the others in her family esp the males and either clear them of any wrongdoings or charge them as well i heard of many hear says but this is first time i read in TVF as a fact.

5 hours ago, atyclb said:

wonder if the little girl was allowed to go to school or was simply maintained as a slave.  disgusting, i just shake my head and fail to come up with words

Almost certainly not, robbing a child of education should be a criminal offence, I hope when this comes to court the judge takes that in to account.

And what happened to the mother? we have only mrs Singhs word for it the mother left... maybe time dig up the back garden.

9 hours ago, JMSIII said:

I think I'm willing to bet who this poor young girls father is....Mr. Singh.  People like this really need to be severely punished for treating an innocent child this way!

At first I had similar thoughts, but considering Mr. Singh is probably Indian as well.... Then that wouldn't account for the girl being Half-Thai.... I'm thinking that Mrs. Singh probably lent the mother out to a Thai friend in exchange for return favors....... But we may never know....

Archived