Phuket reservoir chief calls for water-saving measures

snoop1130

Phuket reservoir chief calls for water-saving measures

By The Phuket News

1566387289_1-org.jpg

Somsawat Chaisinsod, Director of the Phuket Provincial Irrigation Office, has called for the province to begin implementing water-saving measures now. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET:-- Somsawat Chaisinsod, Director of the Phuket Provincial Irrigation Office, has called for the province to begin implementing water-saving measures as a precaution if the heavy rains that usually come in September and October fail to replenish Phuket’s main reservoirs ahead of the next dry season.

Mr Somsawat made his appeal at a meeting at Phuket Provincial Hall yesterday (Aug 20) attended by Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana.

“I ask because all three reservoirs depend on rainfall to be replenished. The rainy season in Phuket will end in mid-October. I request that the Phuket Governor and the PWA (Phuket Waterworks Authority) consider using less water from the reservoirs at this time.”

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-reservoir-chief-calls-for-water-saving-measures-72590.php#pHbglYRvjF4ALvjG.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-21

On 8/22/2019 at 1:05 AM, the guest said:

How about building new reservoirs for a start, and stop mindless developers building more Hotels for a tourist destination that is losing its appeal. There is enough water every year, its just incompetent management that is the problem.

Villages should build their own.

My moobaan has its own  reservoir lake and water tower.

Archived