The Peaks Residences owner speaks out over land claim, public controversy

snoop1130

The Peaks Residences owner speaks out over land claim, public controversy

1566388649_1-org.jpg

Manassanan Nararattanawee, the CEO of Kata Beach Co Ltd, as the owner of The Peak Residence development under construction at Kata Noi on Phuket’s west coast, speaks to the press today (Aug 21). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub)

PHUKET:-- Manassanan Nararattanawee, the CEO of Kata Beach Co Ltd, as the owner of The Peak Residence development under construction at Kata Noi on Phuket’s west coast, today (Aug 21) issued the company’s first response to Palang Pracharath Party MP Sira Jenjara filing a slew of formal complaints over the project after publicly revealing late last week that he had received death threats over the development.

Mr Sira told Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana in person at Phuket Provincial Hall on Monday (Aug 19) that he will push to prosecute any officials found involved in allowing the project to be built on protected forest land.

Formal requests to investigate all officials, including the Governor himself, will be filed, Mr Sira said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/the-peaks-residences-owner-speaks-out-over-land-claim-public-controversy-72591.php#6Z7v9GDE5ErW0x32.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-21

From the article "My company bought this land from two men, one a businessman and the other a police officer."  

I wonder if the police officer hit the lottery to be able to be one of two partners. 

I looked at land here back in 2000 and it wasn't cheap, even back then.  However with the slope being so steep, I thought it would be impossible to get a permit to build.  Apparently not.

Archived