BANGKOK
snoop1130

Nine-minute miss costs CP Bt290-billion project

I can hardly believe that I am reading this nonsense. These companies were given time to do the cost estimate and a closing date!!! Only the Thai mentality would leave it to the very closing day and presumably late in the day to bring the tenders in. The people who organised the handing over of the bid documents should be FIRED for incompetence. 

Almost unbelieveable as in my 30 years of bids and tenders in 3 continents of the World I have never known such idiotic behaviour. Amazing Thailand!!

They will make this up with their purchase of Omisego, OMG.

14 hours ago, anterian said:

Everyone knows the traffic situation in Bangkok and plans accordingly.

Everyone knows the traffic situation in Bangkok and but not everyone plans accordingly.

21 minutes ago, Hotrudester said:

I can hardly believe that I am reading this nonsense. These companies were given time to do the cost estimate and a closing date!!! Only the Thai mentality would leave it to the very closing day and presumably late in the day to bring the tenders in. The people who organised the handing over of the bid documents should be FIRED for incompetence. 

Almost unbelieveable as in my 30 years of bids and tenders in 3 continents of the World I have never known such idiotic behaviour. Amazing Thailand!!

How long have you lived in Thailand to know the "Thai mentality"?

I take offence to you calling it idiotic, You obviously don't know the owner of CP and despite your experience in other places, are ignorant of the way things are done here.

• Sad 1

Dunno what it's about, only read the headline this time and have reached inner peace for the day.

That must have generated a number of rather awkward telephone calls, both within CP and also to their consortium members......

• Like 1

Rather strange that five contestants miss deadline-not a coincidence me thinks 😜

Thais are never wrong nor at fault.

This time it is traffic (a brand-new problem in the equation) and if CP is locked out, the mind-boggling costs are more than one billion US-Dollars per minute delay - apart from the loose change they spent on the preparation of the tender as well as the package costs of the tender documents 😉 

I am sure somebody is smelling a rat again ........... 

3 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of corporate shysters.

Of course, those who win will be a bunch of corporate angels?

Getting a project doesn't mean automatically a sure profit, could be even the opposite. So, maybe it was their lucky day ... one day we'll know.

Bid closing time is bid closing time.

That’s all there is to it !

Simple. 

Never a good idea to leave things to the last minute. 

I wonder how much it cost the 5 petitioners to have the verdict awarded in their favor

Even blind Freddy knows this............me thinks typical of the Thai's lack of ability to really plan ahead effectively..........you would think with the big bucks involved they would have camped outside the building the morning of the deadline for submissions............... suck it up guys you missed the deadline for submissions ...........do not pass go do not collect zillions of Baht........ 

Plan  to  Fail.png

Any business that can’t submit a proposal on time for a project of that magnitude should certainly not be accepted.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, HeyHeyHey said:

Must be the first project in history of Thailand that isn't awarded to "know-it-all" mighty CP

Hmm, This been Thailand and it's a Bt 290-Billion project ???

They must have been colluding with the one that's going to win !?!?......I can't imagine there's no sort of cheating involved in a Bt 290-Billion project in Thailand !?!?!?

A country where there's already ample cheating in 20 Bt school children meals...

Edited by off road pat