30 day Extension & TM 30 - fine ?

I intend to apply for a 30 day extension at CW next week which is always a fun time for all.

It's been radio silence from the Thai property owner when asked about their possible lodging of the TM30 form.

After asking a few times and not receiving a response my partner used the online app to apply a few weeks ago, no answer yet.

Am I in line for a fine at CW?   The last time I was there, the end of May, no mention of it was made.

Just now, fondue zoo said:

Apologies, I was/am a few vodkas down, when I started the topic.

Basically I would like to know if I'm likely to be fined for lack of TM30 form when I apply for a 30 day extension to my original visa exemption.

Unless your hotel reported meaning filed TM30, you will be fined. Talk to your accommodation. Ask for receipt tm30

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Unless your hotel reported meaning filed TM30, you will be fined. Talk to your accommodation. Ask for receipt tm30

Any idea how much the fine might be at CW? 

The property is privately owned and the Thai owner hasn't responded to questions about lodging a TM30

50 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Any idea how much the fine might be at CW? 

The property is privately owned and the Thai owner hasn't responded to questions about lodging a TM30

They probably don't wish to comply. Fine at CW maybe 800 or 1600 baht. 

3 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

...After asking a few times and not receiving a response my partner used the online app to apply a few weeks ago, no answer yet...

Have you considered mailing the TM.30? The Bangkok immigration office at Chaeng Watthana makes it easy.

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

Have you considered mailing the TM.30? The Bangkok immigration office at Chaeng Watthana makes it easy.

And receipt takes weeks. Not sure how that will work for extension. Maybe in system maybe not.

If I were you, just spend the night before in a cheap place, go the next day to CW, fill the Tm30 out and apply for the extension. If you go to CW without a recent TM30 you will have to fill out a TM30 anyway + the fine, before you get the extension. For the 800THB I woudn`t care, but if it`s 1600THB and you get a night somewhere (maybe close to CW)for 500THB it`s ok. 

Like I said...you have to fill out the TM 30 in both cases. Technically you haven`t done anything wrong, as you got the extension in May (when the TM30 wasn`t enforced to 100% yet). However, this is Thailand and they will fine you for sure, stating you havn`t filled out the TM30 before May.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

For extensions on SETV or visa exempt you have to do your Notification of address , otherwise, no extension. At least in Jomtien, they ask for the receipt !  worse come s to worse, do it then and pay the fine. Or go to a hotel for one night, keep the payment bill and then go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geisha said:

For extensions on SETV or visa exempt you have to do your Notification of address , otherwise, no extension. At least in Jomtien, they ask for the receipt !  worse come s to worse, do it then and pay the fine. Or go to a hotel for one night, keep the payment bill and then go. 

Up until now I would arrive at CW with my TM7 form already printed and filled out, plus the various required photocopies.

Is the notification of address mentioned above referring to the TM30 form?