BANGKOK
atyclb

Burger big chain rant

50 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

KFC is the only "chain" in town here, they always ask me about upgrade to larger fries and the current offer on whatever nuggget or custard tarts etc.

as KFC usually serves micro-sized fries portions with about 6 fries in it, the jumbo size +50% gets you about 9 fries.

and regarding BK, I think it is way too expensive, not only at the airport.

also, I dislike the taste of their burgers, which is not helpful to get my patronage.

Edited by tgw

22 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Flying home last trip I had to eat, went to BK for a whopper meal- set.

it was 420 baht, I realize it was an airport, but at over $18 Canuck, it seemed a little much.

That's a ridiculous price!

The last time I had a whopper was at the BK on Beach Road in Pattya over a decade ago. It was amazingly flavourless -- nothing like I remembered them being! The last time had anything from McD's is over 2 decades ago. I never did buy anything from them when living in Thailand, but I went into the one on Beach Road near Walking St. once with a friend who needed his quarter-pounder hit. I tried ordering a filet of fish and salad set but wanted the Pepsi or whatever bubbly <deleted> they sell replaced with water. No way! They refused to substitute pop for water, so I passed on it and have never had the urge to set foot in McD's since then. I tried an A&W teen burger when back home on holiday one time, and was shocked at how salty it was. I couldn't finish it due to that. I guess I'm just not a fast food kind of person. 

42 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Flying home last trip I had to eat, went to BK for a whopper meal- set.

it was 420 baht, I realize it was an airport, but at over $18 Canuck, it seemed a little much.

whopper junior (310 calories), fries and drink in rachada bkk area 169 baht.  about 6 usd.    420 is airport price.  

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Make it a BK and you got a deal !! 555 😁

Nearest one to me is 300km !!

images-6.jpeg

no problem and will include tPA in parcel

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2973270

Experience with the use of tPA in the treatment of acute myocardial infarction.

9 minutes ago, atyclb said:

whopper junior (310 calories), fries and drink in rachada bkk area 169 baht.  about 6 usd.    420 is airport price.  

Yes I stated it was airport price, and I k ow airport prices are always high. But last I checked I needed to eat, so I paid the piper.

6 hours ago, Youlike said:

The other fastfood chains do it as well.....they even can't say "would you like supersize sir" and instead expect me to understand their drivel.

Subway is even worse, you'll have to argue with the non english speaking staff for about 10 questions to get your order.

They should make easy menu's without any questions because i'm done with staff who can't speak english and works for foreign chains.

To address part of your seemingly strident glumble.

In McD's they do ask if I want to "Upsize". When the young lady asked me that, I had no idea what she meant.

"Upsize"! What a daft word.

Anyone know where the burgers are made, coz they taste the same - iirc as in blighty?

4 hours ago, faraday said:
10 hours ago, Youlike said:

The other fastfood chains do it as well.....they even can't say "would you like supersize sir" and instead expect me to understand their drivel.

Subway is even worse, you'll have to argue with the non english speaking staff for about 10 questions to get your order.

They should make easy menu's without any questions because i'm done with staff who can't speak english and works for foreign chains.

To address part of your seemingly strident glumble.

In McD's they do ask if I want to "Upsize". When the young lady asked me that, I had no idea what she meant.

"Upsize"! What a daft word.

Anyone know where the burgers are made, coz they taste the same - iirc as in blighty?

next time she asks you about "upsize" just specify "shaft or diameter"?

• Haha 1