Overstay

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Think your confusing a visa with and extension of stay. If you did not do your 90 day report on time say 30 days late they will fine you 2000 baht. Overstay a visa and it is 500 baht per day with a maximum of 20,000 baht. He needs to go directly to an airport and pay fine and leave. Get a SETV  visa from country he flies to and return by air or land border.  Can also try coming back in at airport Visa exempt or by land boder Visa exempt if he has not done to this year.

Perfect reply. 

Few dangerous posts on this thread re just go to immigration etc. That's nonsense. Tony125 has summed it up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

Many Thai Travel Websites are extremely good. By that I mean extremely good at giving you information that is either out-dated and only wrong 99% of the time.

Probably a lot of info on them written by backpackers who were here for 10 days and spent most of those 10 days

p-ssed and stoned.

As a website owner who updates their site daily, I find your comments to be unfounded and offensive. Who would pay backpacking stoners for info - nobody. The information comes from people who actually know what is going on. If you could mention some of these garbage sites, I would be happy to take a look and maybe have a laugh about it. But I suspect that you won't be able to because you are talking rubbish.

Edited by SteveK
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

i understand peoples wanna find answers quickly but why so many same questions keep comming over and over again every month?

Even sometimes every week.

Peoples really more wanna be lazy then tired.

23 hours ago, Jackm93 said:

I read on a thailand travel essentials website that he was able to do it in the embassy but he doesn’t want to go there for them to turn him away.. he wanted to stay in Thailand so will he have to potentially leave the country and head back in ?

What was the final outcome @Jackm93? You originally said that your friend was going to straighten this out with immigration the next day and that was 23 hours ago. You must've heard back from him on what happened.

1 hour ago, Senior Player said:

What was the final outcome @Jackm93? You originally said that your friend was going to straighten this out with immigration the next day and that was 23 hours ago. You must've heard back from him on what happened.

I think he's probably still sifting through the mountain of conflicting advice he got and he'll choose the best one after he's finished self flagellating for overstaying as advised by our resident perfectionist advisors.

He could visit an agent and take advice, but I would fear an agent may see it as an opportunity to make money. Best advice, get to airport quickly with a flight out booked and sufficient cash (500/day..10,000). 

No chance of an extension at the airport, and he has jeopardized coming straight back in.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

So have you got that through your thick skull yet ? Go to the airport and LEAVE !

He's not responding . So maybe he has already left Thailand and on the plane as we speak.

There are too many people who create new accounts just to ask one question.

• Like 1

We are each responsible for our own welfare and admin.

Choose to overstay it's no one else's fault or business expect the Authorities.

Choose to do things your way, no one else's fault no one else's business.

Choose to put in an open forum which is well known as a clique group and Thai bashing group. You open a can of worms. You ask for advise for "A friend"

If he's that good a friend you would have advised him long ago to leave or get an extension.

You can't really say "not helpful" to a comment as you yourself have not been helpful TBH.

Edited by fourpack
  • Like 2