After Germany hints at compromise, France tells UK: no new Brexit deal

webfact

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The cheese eating surrender monkeys are too busy manufacturing white flags to remember how many British died in helping in the liberation of France from the Nazis. A nauseating lack of gratitude. They gave equal contempt for the sacrifices of the American troops who died in the D Day landings. Shameful. 

excuse me while I throw up, even though I like history

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrenching Britain out of the EU without a deal means there would be no arrangements to cover everything from post-Brexitpet passports

Post Brexit passports are already sorted. I got a new passport earlier this year and it no longer has "European Union" on it.

The cheese eating surrender monkeys are too busy manufacturing white flags to remember how many British died in helping in the liberation of France from the Nazis. A nauseating lack of gratitude. They gave equal contempt for the sacrifices of the American troops who died in the D Day landings. Shameful. 

And when has gratitude ever come into it? The biggest losers by a long way in terms of casualties were the Russians, how often are they ever remembered by the “Hollywood allies “?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, loong said:

Post Brexit passports are already sorted. I got a new passport earlier this year and it no longer has "European Union" on it.

rah, rah, rah, it's not blue yet is it? maybe the French haven't got round to producing them yet

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

rah, rah, rah, it's not blue yet is it? maybe the French haven't got round to producing them yet

It was probably Macron that ordered the printers to remove "European Union" from the British passports.

Steady on Emmanuel, we haven't gone yet!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

But just an hour after Merkel spoke, Macron said the demands made by Johnson for a renegotiation of the divorce deal, including the removal of the Irish backstop, were not workable as they currently stood. Johnson is due to meet Macron in Paris on Thursday.

Thats not nearly, even remotely, as negative as the headline "After Germany hints at compromise, France tells UK: no new Brexitdeal" makes out.

I think everyone understands there needs to be a compromise, its just WHAT and HOW BIG they will be.

Full disclosure: I am an ardent remainer but see that politically we need to leave as feeling in the UK is very strong to have this whole thing put to bed and move on. All we need is an agreeable deal now.

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

Thats not nearly, even remotely, as negative as the headline "After Germany hints at compromise, France tells UK: no new Brexitdeal" makes out.

I think everyone understands there needs to be a compromise, its just WHAT and HOW BIG they will be.

Full disclosure: I am an ardent remainer but see that politically we need to leave as feeling in the UK is very strong to have this whole thing put to bed and move on. All we need is an agreeable deal now.

care to be more specific about what the compromise might look like?

Wheres Wolves in this thread? He was telling everyone that its 27 countries decision the other day. Now as I told him that Germany/France tell the others what is happening in the EU.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/find-an-alternative-to-irish-backstop-and-brexit-deal-is-possible-angela-merkel-tells-boris-johnson-dmtfzf9gz

I guess he realises he was talking a load of rollicks.

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Wheres Wolves in this thread? He was telling everyone that its 27 countries decision the other day. Now as I told him that Germany/France tell the others what is happening in the EU.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/find-an-alternative-to-irish-backstop-and-brexit-deal-is-possible-angela-merkel-tells-boris-johnson-dmtfzf9gz

I guess he realises he was talking a load of rollicks.

actually not. What you and other Brexiters usually say is that Germany calls the shots. In fact, what Germany or France does is take advantage of the some obstructive possibililities afforded by the EU that even the smallest nations can avail themselves of. As you may recall, thanks to the recalcitrance of one province, the EU treaty with Canada was significantly delayed by Belgium.

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

actually not. What you and other Brexiters usually say is that Germany calls the shots. In fact, what Germany or France does is take advantage of the some obstructive possibililities afforded by the EU that even the smallest nations can avail themselves of. As you may recall, thanks to the recalcitrance of one province, the EU treaty with Canada was significantly delayed by Belgium.

As you may recall, thanks to the recalcitrance of one province, the EU treaty with Canada was significantly delayed by Belgium.

Just shows what a sh1tshow the whole EU is

5 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I can remember some people saying things like this when I was a small child.

Stuck in the fifties are you?

5 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Really? I couldn’t find any “official stats” in your post claiming those protesters are Germans.

6D9A8447-257D-4FF5-B580-D9E2D6AB60EA.jpeg

So what happened to the fact that the EU, 27 countries make joint decisions as you claimed the other day. As I stated the Germans pull the strings. Guess you were completely wrong.. again

22 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

As you may recall, thanks to the recalcitrance of one province, the EU treaty with Canada was significantly delayed by Belgium.

Just shows what a sh1tshow the whole EU is

Whatever the validity of your observation, it does give the lie to the Brexiters' assertion that Germany rules the EU.

go, go boris put your foot on merkel's neck and into macron's face. both are under pressure 1. merkel coz uk is the 5 th largest export market. the country moves into recession with mass unemployment , 3 state elections coming up. hard brexit be the merkel reckoning. 2 macron similar along with lowest approval ratings, yellow vest protest, trump tariff threat....

boris is the winner and the uk.

wbr

roobaa01 

5 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

It's impossible to stop, quit crying and move on. Democracy will prevail in the end against these treacherous remainers

Treacherous? As in Traitors? As in North Korea?

Keep thinking like that, and soon you will have another civil war, not just in Northern Ireland, but in England as well.

24 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Keep thinking like that, and soon you will have another civil war, not just in Northern Ireland, but in England as well.

What has N. Korea got to do with this? Behave.

24 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

They revealed an important state secret? Namely, that Boris Johnson is clueless.

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

And you conveniently ignored that another poster labelled as "treacherous" those who continue to oppose Brexit. Or did you tell that poster to "behave" as well?

I had no comment to make on the other bit. You are in a tiz today.

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

excuse me while I throw up, even though I like history

6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The cheese eating surrender monkeys are too busy manufacturing white flags to remember how many British died in helping in the liberation of France from the Nazis. A nauseating lack of gratitude. They gave equal contempt for the sacrifices of the American troops who died in the D Day landings. Shameful

There is no denying history and sometimes the truth hurts . I made a similar post yesterday and so like it or not there are many folk who think the same . I do not fear another G/E or referendum as I am confident that there will be an increased majority for both Brexit and the Tory / Brexit party coalition victory . 

What I would like to happen is for a vote from the Irish on a reunification and that in itself could be the key to the border issue .   

I fail to understand the stance of the EU over the Irish border . They have total disregard for the Good Friday agreement , maintaining peace and knowing full well that the UK government cannot renege . It is they that should be looking for a solution but instead are behaving like an ostrich . 

Maybe they want a hard border and police it with German troops for ulterior motives , nothing stranger than the truth .

Archived