After Germany hints at compromise, France tells UK: no new Brexit deal

webfact

7 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The cheese eating surrender monkeys are too busy manufacturing white flags to remember how many British died in helping in the liberation of France from the Nazis. A nauseating lack of gratitude. They gave equal contempt for the sacrifices of the American troops who died in the D Day landings. Shameful. 

What the hell has WW2 to do with 2019?

Are you one of those living in the past still driven by hate? 

Disgusting????????????????

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, superal said:
  6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The cheese eating surrender monkeys are too busy manufacturing white flags to remember how many British died in helping in the liberation of France from the Nazis. A nauseating lack of gratitude. They gave equal contempt for the sacrifices of the American troops who died in the D Day landings. Shameful

There is no denying history and sometimes the truth hurts . I made a similar post yesterday and so like it or not there are many folk who think the same . I do not fear another G/E or referendum as I am confident that there will be an increased majority for both Brexit and the Tory / Brexit party coalition victory . 

What I would like to happen is for a vote from the Irish on a reunification and that in itself could be the key to the border issue .   

I fail to understand the stance of the EU over the Irish border . They have total disregard for the Good Friday agreement , maintaining peace and knowing full well that the UK government cannot renege . It is they that should be looking for a solution but instead are behaving like an ostrich . 

Maybe they want a hard border and police it with German troops for ulterior motives , nothing stranger than the truth .

What bothers me is the continued ingratitude of the EU members towards the hugely heroic sacrifices made by the Russians to defeat Hitler. The combined UK-US casualties are but a small fraction of what the Russians suffered. Not only that, but among many Europeans, Stalin, who led those brave Eastern allies, is regarded with loathing. It speaks well of the Britons that their attitude towards Russia and Stalin is not tainted by such ingratitude. And let's take a moment to thank all the British thaivisa members who fought so bravely against the Third Reich in WW2. Your sacrifices are not forgotten.

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What bothers me is the continued ingratitude of the EU members towards the hugely heroic sacrifices made by the Russians to defeat Hitler. The combined UK-US casualties are but a small fraction of what the Russians suffered. Not only that, but among many Europeans, Stalin, who led those brave Eastern allies, is regarded with loathing. It speaks well of the Britons that their attitude towards Russia and Stalin is not tainted bu such ingratitude. And let's take a moment to thank all the British thaivisa members who fought so bravely in WW2. Your sacrifices are not forgotten.

Over 50 percent of deaths in WW2 were Russians, 20 million+

British deaths were comparatively small 

23 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What bothers me is the continued ingratitude of the EU members towards the hugely heroic sacrifices made by the Russians to defeat Hitler. The combined UK-US casualties are but a small fraction of what the Russians suffered. Not only that, but among many Europeans, Stalin, who led those brave Eastern allies, is regarded with loathing. It speaks well of the Britons that their attitude towards Russia and Stalin is not tainted by such ingratitude. And let's take a moment to thank all the British thaivisa members who fought so bravely against the Third Reich in WW2. Your sacrifices are not forgotten.

That reminds me, I must give the compost a turn. 

8 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

Good cop, bad cop technique ????

Could be. But I doubt it. More like Merkel being sensible and pragmatic and looking for the best outcome for everyone. While Napoleon Macron sees this as an opportunity for hypocritical cheating arrogant France to further it's own agenda to be the EU's "top dog". With the UK out of the EU and potentially not on good terms, Germany has lost it's powerful ally against France and French machinations.

UK and Germany, by and large, play by the rules. France breaks them, cheats them, bends them, interprets them with amazing creativity but above all, always looks after France. The crunch will come when Merkel, her successor, or the German people in general get fed up with Macron trying to Francophile the EU.

7 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not if the date is extended, it has been before and undoubtedly will be extended again.

Well, then Brexit wouldn't be stopped by removing BJ. It would be stopped by the EU granting UK yet another extension. I hinted earlier that an extension is a likely outcome, so no news there.

In theory, EU can use continuous extensions as a way to refuse the UK to leave. That'll be the old "buuuaaaa, pleeeeeeaaase, don't leave, buuaaaaaa, we'll give you another extension as long as you don't leave"-tactics we are becoming so familiar with.  

There IS, in my opinion, another potential way of stopping Brexit, but no one has even come close to that solution (and I'm not going to tell).

However, IF Brexit is stopped by parliamentary actions it will most certainly result in repercussions in the next GE. In this case, the Brexit Party is likely to end up with a shocking number of MPs (potentially, a majority in the house) and Tories will end up with only a handful of MPs (at best). So if you wonder why BJ is so keen to deliver Brexit; he's fighting for his party's survival. And given that the next appointed PM in case of a stopped Brexit, might be Nigel Farage, I'd say the stakes are far higher than that.

36 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

That ingratitude might be that Stalin was a dictator whose mass murders, mass deportations and paranoia made Hitler look almost benign.

The USSR murdered more of its citizens because they had the wrong political views, came from the wrong 'class", ethnic cleansing, punishment for not doing as they were told, or whatever the paranoid sociopath Stalin dreamed up. 

They were indeed our allies fighting the Nazis and their allies. But only after Hitler broke a treaty with them and invaded their territory. Prior to that they were happy allies of the Nazis and had carved poor Poland up between them gleefully.

After the Germans surrendered they imposed communist governments on the countries they helped free from German occupation and treated them as vassal states of the USSR.

Did you notice how none of those East European countries have been keen to join the Russian Federation since the fall of the USSR? Ever wondered why? I don't think their decision is ingratitude!

3 minutes ago, Forethat said:

Well, then Brexit wouldn't be stopped by removing BJ. It would be stopped by the EU granting UK yet another extension. I hinted earlier that an extension is a likely outcome, so no news there.

In theory, EU can use continuous extensions as a way to refuse the UK to leave. That'll be the old "buuuaaaa, pleeeeeeaaase, don't leave, buuaaaaaa, we'll give you another extension as long as you don't leave"-tactics we are becoming so familiar with.  

There IS, in my opinion, another potential way of stopping Brexit, but no one has even come close to that solution (and I'm not going to tell).

However, IF Brexit is stopped by parliamentary actions it will most certainly result in repercussions in the next GE. In this case, the Brexit Party is likely to end up with a shocking number of MPs (potentially, a majority in the house) and Tories will end up with only a handful of MPs (at best). So if you wonder why BJ is so keen to deliver Brexit; he's fighting for his party's survival. And given that the next appointed PM in case of a stopped Brexit, might be Nigel Farage, I'd say the stakes are far higher than that.

Nonsense. The EU can only agree to an extension IF the UK requests one and all EU member states agree to it.

The only way to end Brexit is for the UK government to revoke Article 50, which it can do unilaterally and which doesn't require agreement of the other EU members. Revocation would stop Brexit and the UK would be a member of its existing terms, as if nothing had happened.

Although terminating Brexit would indeed likely <deleted>-off a large part of the electorate, I doubt all would vote for the Brexit Party plc in a general election.

8 hours ago, Forethat said:

Did you pay attention to the potential timeline I posted on here a few days ago? There's not enough time to stop Brexit by removing Boris from power.

I trust John Bercow's  "white rabbit "…:whistling: especially when he is quiet... probably looking very deep in the books of H.O.C. and keep it as a surprise strategy , not to early and sure not to late to present it , to make Boris a flat face landing in full H.O.C. 

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Nonsense. The EU can only agree to an extension IF the UK requests one and all EU member states agree to it.

The only way to end Brexit is for the UK government to revoke Article 50, which it can do unilaterally and which doesn't require agreement of the other EU members. Revocation would stop Brexit and the UK would be a member of its existing terms, as if nothing had happened.

Although terminating Brexit would indeed likely <deleted>-off a large part of the electorate, I doubt all would vote for the Brexit Party plc in a general election.

Yes this unilateral right was even given by the E.C.J. which Brexiteers so despite 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

That ingratitude might be that Stalin was a dictator whose mass murders, mass deportations and paranoia made Hitler look almost benign.

The USSR murdered more of its citizens because they had the wrong political views, came from the wrong 'class", ethnic cleansing, punishment for not doing as they were told, or whatever the paranoid sociopath Stalin dreamed up. 

They were indeed our allies fighting the Nazis and their allies. But only after Hitler broke a treaty with them and invaded their territory. Prior to that they were happy allies of the Nazis and had carved poor Poland up between them gleefully.

After the Germans surrendered they imposed communist governments on the countries they helped free from German occupation and treated them as vassal states of the USSR.

Did you notice how none of those East European countries have been keen to join the Russian Federation since the fall of the USSR? Ever wondered why? I don't think their decision is ingratitude!

And I think you missed the point. The year is 2019. WW2 is long over. Gratitude is an irrelevant issue. As I thought my closing sentence  would sho., How many UK citizens on thaivisa.com are there who fought in WW2? Any? 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Terminating Brexit would do a lot more damage than just <deleted>-off a large part of the electorate.

11 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And I think you missed the point. The year is 2019. WW2 is long over. Gratitude is an irrelevant issue. As I thought my closing sentence  would sho., How many UK citizens on thaivisa.com are there who fought in WW2? Any? 

Gratitude is never irrelevant, nor is it time-barred.

Lest we forget...

12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

In record time too. Strange eh?

Yes on request from a U.K. side individual .I know that you wish once more pointing it to us E.U. , let me tell you that even the E.U. lawyers where not happy with it , even more some demands in favor of E.U.in case where dismissed , that is why it was unilateral .

Nice try to " influence " but must look up that in the U.K. camp , in  remain or leave camp (?) , not ours 

19 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

My Dad did. Got shot too. Made a nasty hole in his leg. Friendly fire. He swore it was the Americans. Never forgave them.

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Do you live on planet Brexit? Of course there's plenty of time to have a vote of no confidence in the government and call a GE. Did you not read the timeline I posted here yesterday? If a GE were to be called the EU would undoubtedly give us an extension beyond October 31st, particularly if 2 parties campaigned on the platform of a confirmatory vote. Those 2 parties would undoubtedly form a coalition government and a confirmatory vote will be called. The Great British People will democratically vote to repeal Article 50 and this whole debacle will be at an end and we can all go back to being friends again. and a lot of the rank animosity can be removed from this forum.

As for the protesters outside the Cancellory, as another poster said, could be expats in Germany, who overwhelmingly want to remain in Europe but more likely Germans who see us Brits as good friends and realise the damage it will do to to both the 27 remaining countries in the EU, Germany in particular, and much more so the UK. A no deal Brexit was never on the table, get over it and prepare for sunny days when we finally decide not to abandon our European brothers.

No use...

A Brexiteer only and only believes in the unendless wisdom of his decission: leave the EU, whatever consequences, and all others .. are traitors.  Even... "nuke Ireland" I have read.  They call it "democracy"= 50% + 1 vote has the dictatorship, and in this case: Leave"means: a no deal brexit, even when brought down in the HoC with a huge majority of 400 against 160. Churchill will turn himself in his grave...

Also it is beyond any comprehension any other national as a good friend would try to convince a Holy Brexiteer to the possibility a change of mind is possible.

Only ONE WAY OUT: let the British experience a no deal for some time. If successful: good luck,. if not.. .enjoy it also. Maybe.. in a couple of years… finally some real changes ? 

10 hours ago, Forethat said:

Here you go: 

3 Sept - House of commons reopens. No confidence vote prepped

12 Sept - No confidence vote. 14 days grace

26 Sept - 2nd vote - Boris Johnson loses

03 October - General election is called for. Parliament is dissolved as a General Election takes place

31 Oct - UK leaves the EU on No deal terms

7 Nov - General Election. Boris wins and we're back to square 1

You were saying...?

In THAT case, all British had a saying ( vote) about the Brexit is it really will be.

However I expect a victory for a LibDem-Green coalition, as for every barony ( constituency) you only need to be the largest in votes. Just 20,00 % with nr 2 and 3 = 19,99% is enough for the seat, with the others nothing.  50% + 1 of the seats = the government with dictatorial powers.

9 hours ago, soalbundy said:

excuse me while I throw up, even though I like history

11 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The cheese eating surrender monkeys are too busy manufacturing white flags to remember how many British died in helping in the liberation of France from the Nazis. A nauseating lack of gratitude. They gave equal contempt for the sacrifices of the American troops who died in the D Day landings. Shameful. 

I completely agree with you. Why some Brexiteers every time have to stirr up WW2 in this discussion ? Is there any French, who coems with the 100 years of British killing in France ? Or the Napoleontic wars the British started again and again against France ? "Cheese eating surrender monkeys"... Disgusting.

4 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Again, a Brexiteer, who does not have the faintest idea, where this GBP 39 Bn stands for… 

Don't mind that , as long we know why we collect it ….. in one way or another way....!

As it comes to deaf man's ears 

12 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

I completely agree with you. Why some Brexiteers every time have to stirr up WW2 in this discussion ? Is there any French, who coems with the 100 years of British killing in France ? Or the Napoleontic wars the British started again and again against France ? "Cheese eating surrender monkeys"... Disgusting.

He likes hollywood films. Hey ! what about the time the British burnt the white house down (too far back maybe, or Hollywood hasn't done it yet)

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

My Dad did. Got shot too. Made a nasty hole in his leg. Friendly fire. He swore it was the Americans. Never forgave them.

My Stepfather was 4 years in POW (Stalag Luft). He was having a chat with a German officer one day, who said "When you fire we duck, when we fire you duck, when the Americans fire we all duck!

All my family fought, infantry, submarines, arctic convoys, and the women, ATS, Doctors, arms makers. My Dad came out from Dunkirk with a bullet in him, later he was a D-Day planner, and as a reward the planners were first out of the landing craft - to show faith in their work! I am sure they would all be heartily sick of the bar-room brigadiers among our Brexiteers, claiming any affinity with them whatsoever. They are Pigmies by comparison.

The one thing they all said after the war was, we never want to see this sh#tshow happen again, something the EU has been very helpful in insuring doesn't happen, why are we trying to turn the clock back, god only knows.

Archived